Southampton Sunak ( 1 ) v Portsmouth Morduant ( 0 )

Charlie Wayman

3 hours ago, dronskisaint said:

Both tainted, stained even, by being part of the worst government in history. I guess minus 2 - minus one would be the only acceptable comparison. I hope we boo him loudly if he shows his billionaire, publicity-seeking face!

I for one, would be happy to welcome him, particularly after he leaves office and is considering the tricky issues of how to spend his time and wealth. Trickle down economics may have been debunked in style recently, but I might make an exception for Mr Murty at Saints.

Edited by Ted Bates Statue

5 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

How much cash did Ms Morduant say was put into the Portsmouth economy by the previous club known as Portsmouth FC when they went bust for the second or third time in their history|?

Something like £8trillion per matchday wasn't it?

• Like 1

The Guardian will shortly be publishing a story that Ms Morduant is the current squeeze of a certain Mr John Portsmouth FC Westwood and they spend romantic times together at a popular tattoo parlour in Upper Leigh Park.
However when it is pointed out Mr JPFCW has been banned (again) from games for publicly urinating outside of the Forest Green Stadium, this may be problematic but, in fact, is probably little different from the behaviour of some Tory MP's, so all OK then.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, dronskisaint said:

Both tainted, stained even, by being part of the worst government in history. I guess minus 2 - minus one would be the only acceptable comparison. I hope we boo him loudly if he shows his billionaire, publicity-seeking face!

On the other hand he has stated quite often that he would love to be Chairman of SFC. Why not as he'll need a job in 2024.

In fairness his family started from humble origins and worked their butts off to send him to a decent school and wouldn't we all love to marry into serious money?

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

On the other hand he has stated quite often that he would love to be Chairman of SFC. Why not as he'll need a job in 2024.

In fairness his family started from humble origins and worked their butts off to send him to a decent school and wouldn't we all love to marry into serious money?

You're right - None of it has been handed to him on a plate, he knows where the shitty end of the stick is, his parents have done what most Asian parents do, graft to give their kids the best education possible so that they can make the most of what possibilities are out there. And that's what he has done. 

I wouldn't want to marry into Indian money, there'd have been more eyes on him the moment he stepped out with Mr & Mrs Murthys daughter than MI5, MI6, FBI, CIA, Mossad, and the FSB have collectively at their disposal.

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Yep. Better him than that fraud Craig David who pretends to be a hardcore Saints fan

Got to go straight to number one as our celebrity fan, who else is there? Clare Balding, Lucy Pinder, drummer from Coldplay? 

8 hours ago, Charlie Mealings said:

My girlfriend met Sunak once in 2016 before he was well known. If you have 5 min, I wrote about it here. Twist: he's actually a legit Saints fan and it hurts me bad. 

https://cmealings.substack.com/p/i-deeply-regret-to-inform-you-that

Interesting read,but one question is that you say Heath was a genuine football fan.Was he ?

I thought his only interests were sailing, classical music and.. let’s leave it there. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Got to go straight to number one as our celebrity fan, who else is there? Clare Balding, Lucy Pinder, drummer from Coldplay? 

Delighted as many may be that Rishi is a Saints fan, he won’t be replacing Lucy Pinder in many Saints fans magazine collection.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

that runner Iwan someone

I think he's a Tottenham fan but developed a soft spot for SFC as mates with (Saints fan) Roger Black and Matt Le Tiss, and has since become a club ambassador.

Along with Roger Black, Tiff Needall is another 'celeb' Saints fan from the 'PO' area.

22 hours ago, Badger said:

Interesting read,but one question is that you say Heath was a genuine football fan.Was he ?

I thought his only interests were sailing, classical music and.. let’s leave it there. 

Hmmmmm, had a look you might be right - allegedly a Burnley fan but apparently there's not much evidence!