James Ward-Prowse

Roger

34 minutes ago, Micky said:

The Club would be obviously be peddling this line, irrespective of the actual circumstances because ultimately they want the most that they can get for him.   Hate to say it, but contrary to the 40 - 50 million figures bandied around here I reckon we'll deal at about the 32 mil mark.  Remember our owner has no funds to put into the club, not a pot to piss in,  so the lure will be too great.  Personally I think the deals been done, he's gone. 

I very much doubt we’d reject £25m as derisory, but accept £7m more.

23 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Saying...

"Personally I think the deals been done, he's gone."

Is not merely an opinion, it is a claim. A claim that is jumping to conclusions.

o·pin·ion

(ə-pĭn′yən)

n.
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: 

47B9061E-5775-4F77-8746-15E73A45DB3A.jpeg.dbeddcc6f5d0cf517023916bdd6e08be.jpeg
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

o·pin·ion

(ə-pĭn′yən)

n.
1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: 

You are wrong yet again Mr Turkish! The claim was it was a 'valid opinion' and I highlighted how it wasn't valid. Nice of you to jump into a conversation halfway through and take things out of context (yet again).

I wouldn't begrudge JWP leaving, he's put a stint in, it's just frustrating when clubs in and around us take our players. Man U/Liverpool/Chelsea and to some extent Spurs, yep, the player is furthering their career, I get wanting to better yourself... but your Everton's/Villas etc, what's the point (apart from  more dosh and getting out of the current car crash at Saints) 

Whatever happens, ICM Stellar Sports must be rubbing their hands with glee at the massive windfall they'll be getting from both moves!

Edited by Joey-deacons-left-nut

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

You are wrong yet again Mr Turkish! The claim was it was a 'valid opinion' and I highlighted how it wasn't valid. Nice of you to jump into a conversation halfway through and take things out of context (yet again).

Nothing out of context. You've proven you dont know what an opinion is. What was your masters in, home economics?

36 minutes ago, Micky said:

The Club would be obviously be peddling this line, irrespective of the actual circumstances because ultimately they want the most that they can get for him.   Hate to say it, but contrary to the 40 - 50 million figures bandied around here I reckon we'll deal at about the 32 mil mark.  Remember our owner has no funds to put into the club, not a pot to piss in,  so the lure will be too great.  Personally I think the deals been done, he's gone

Well you're welcome to your opinion, if I was hoping to make a deal for a player I wouldn't have put out a line saying 'he's not going to Villa unless they offer the money to buy the club off Gao and they can't refuse' though. Sounds quite definitive to me rather than leaving room for a future offer don't you think?

let me try and follow your logic here though...

- Club gets Blackmore to send out message saying we won't sell to Villa to raise price of player

- We then make a deal at around £32m which is considerably less than anyone is suggesting - which would be the complete opposite intended result of previous message

- Or as you believe such a deal is already done in which case why send out a message saying we won't sell in the first place?

While Villa's interest is obviously real and they no doubt have money to spend, i've seen nothing so far to suggest we are actually interested in selling to them. Maybe they do end up offering us an eye-watering sum that really is too good to turn down but in my opinion I can't see it happening and need something a bit more concrete before my opinion starts to change. Only way of knowing for sure is to wait until the end of the window though I guess.

Just now, Turkish said:

Did you blame god for your chubby little mistyping fingers as well as your dodgy mincers and shit neck?

Hey Turkish, dont lower yourself to insults. I suspect none of us are Greek gods. 

You both add to the site and so back off and let reasonable discussion rule.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Micky said:

The Club would be obviously be peddling this line, irrespective of the actual circumstances because ultimately they want the most that they can get for him.   Hate to say it, but contrary to the 40 - 50 million figures bandied around here I reckon we'll deal at about the 32 mil mark.  Remember our owner has no funds to put into the club, not a pot to piss in,  so the lure will be too great.  Personally I think the deals been done, he's gone. 

That doesn't fit with any evidence thus far re villa making bids or noises out of the club. Or is the entire media in cahoots to make it look like Villa have put in derisory offers, but that actually saints have accepted it? 🙃

46 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Can we still do searches on this site? It would be interesting to read threads on JWP a couple of seasons back. Im pretty sure he wasnt the darling of the site then. 

A testament to the great coaching of Ralph, took an average attacking mid and turned him into a top tier double pivot. Did a similar thing with Keita IIRC

36 minutes ago, TWar said:

A testament to the great coaching of Ralph, took an average attacking mid and turned him into a top tier double pivot. Did a similar thing with Keita IIRC

Yup, one of the great things about Ralph is he improves a lot of players....and no not all MLG before you jump to conclusions.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

‘Top tier’ wanted by no one other than Villa… 

27 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yup, one of the great things about Ralph is he improves a lot of players....and no not all MLG before you jump to conclusions.

Improves players, but loses 9-0 and wins 2 games in 20.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Improves players, but loses 9-0 and wins 2 games in 20.

SKD I'm not sure people in this thread will be thrilled to replace one tedious conversation with another! Sorry, why don't you just change your display pic to a picture of Ralph with a big red X through it, would save on the typing!

Edited by TWar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TWar said:

SKD I'm not sure people in this thread will be thrilled to replace one tedious conversation with another! Sorry, why don't you just change your display pic to a picture of Ralph and JWP with big red X's through them, would save on the typing!

I’m just not one to celebrate mediocrity. 

JWP Has improved his consistency, but naturally that’ll come with game time. He’s not a ‘top tier’ player as you are claiming. 

Imo, just as many have regressed under Ralph, as have improved. 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

I’m just not one to celebrate mediocrity. 

JWP Has improved his consistency, but naturally that’ll come with game time. He’s not a ‘top tier’ player as you are claiming. 

Who specifically?

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

For me JWP, Bednarek, Vest, Armstrong, Romeu, and Ings have all unquestionably gone forwards. Can't think of anyone who has regressed, Redmond maybe? But he was always a bit crap and had arguably one good season with us total.

Edited by TWar

1 minute ago, TWar said:

For me JWP, Bednarek, Vest, Armstrong, Romeu, and Ings have all unquestionably gone forwards. Can't think of anyone who has regressed, Redmond maybe? But he was always a bit crap and had arguably one good season with us total.

Romeu for me is the one who made the biggest improvement, specifically with his passing. Made him more useful going forward as well.

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Redmond in fairness but it's not like he was fantastic beforehand. Definitely used to be more direct though. 

Bednerak, valery (again neither outstanding but both have certainly got worse).

Just now, SKD said:

There is no way Bednarek has regressed, he used to be benched for Hoedt.

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Based on the second half of last season… everyone. 

I think he may have been with us a bit longer than those 4 months, will have to check the calendar though

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

Bednarek lost form, that's not regression. Regression is becoming worse and not returning to normal levels. That may be the case, and if so in 2 or 3 months time ypu can come back and say I told you so. Valery has clearly had off field issues, and is still in the development stage of his career so not really an example. 

1 minute ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Just read three pages and can't work out if something has happened?

Anyone.......?

No, there was a pedantic argument about the definition of "opinion", now SKD is here to moan about Ralph. Standard stuff.

• Like 11

Few snippets I’ve heard from a very good source;

Saints would be happy to sell for the right price as we need the money. 

JWP representatives have already spoken to Villa last month and he is open to going but the original talks broke down. He wasn’t very impressed with what they offered him.

This has further to run IMO. 

1 minute ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Wrong thread...

Knowing this site Ivan, someone (one of the "usual suspects") on here will manage to be pedantic or start an argument over that quote. Something like....

"When you say wrong thread, what actually do you mean by wrong?"

"Yeh, how was it the wrong thread"?

"No it wasn't"

"You said it was wrong"

"I didn't actually say that". 

"Shut up or I'll hit you with my handbag"

"Shut up yourself. Everything is shit"

I honestly think there are people on here who should take a break, maybe go and follow that blue lot down the road for a season or two.......then they'd have something proper to fucking moan about. We are a premiership club. Have been for longer than many others. Sometimes we have a good season, sometimes we have an average season, sometimes we have a poor season. That's who we are. We are in a tank with much bigger fish, but somehow we keep going. Why not enjoy it while we can instead of whingeing and non-stop moaning. It's fucking tedious!!!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LGTL said:

JWP representatives have already spoken to Villa last month and he is open to going but the original talks broke down. He wasn’t very impressed with what they offered him.

#interesting

3 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

The Inter Milan Ultras have apparently responded to the rumours of Chelsea trying to bring back Lukaku:
image.png.63e69162e980afaacfed4b7d4780c021.png

I'm wondering if our 'lads' need to "wade in" on the JWP front? Perhaps along the lines of "A sustainable club makes us mightily peeved" or something equally as threatening?

"mightily peeved" is a bit strong Ivan.......personally I think "slightly miffed" is more suitable......possibly followed by "Sorry!"

26 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Pretty much what most reasonable posters on here suspected. 

He‘ll be gone by the end of the window.

12 minutes ago, SKD said:

Pretty much what most reasonable posters on here suspected. 

He‘ll be gone by the end of the window.

Doesn’t include you then.

Perhaps you will get this one right, would make a change. 

What do people get so hung up on who is leaving or not, its happened before and will happen again, its nothing new

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

How have you determined it to be 'obvious'?

Because we’re a selling club. Selling our best / wanted players is what we do. 

No one is not for Sale At saints and we can’t afford Them not To Be either. 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Interest in JWP - Signs new 5 year contract
  • Lighthouse changed the title to James Ward-Prowse
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic