James Ward-Prowse

Roger

1 minute ago, Chapel End said:

Doesn’t include you then.

Perhaps you will get this one right, would make a change. 

What do people get so hung up on who is leaving or not, its happened before and will happen again, its nothing new

Taken me Off ignore them always?

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

Taken me Off ignore them always?

YeS became pointless as people quote your negative, moany stuff. Only the idiot Turkey on it  now.

Still banging on with your always stuff, wrong about that as well 👍

HaVing troublE with your capS lock are we 🤣

Edited by Chapel End

22 minutes ago, SKD said:

Pretty much what most reasonable posters on here suspected. 

He‘ll be gone by the end of the window.

In what way is it reasonable. Blackmore said the opposite and he's as tier 1 as they get

Just now, TWar said:

In what way is it reasonable. Blackmore said the opposite and he's as tier 1 as they get

Don't believe everything Blackmore says, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of both view points.

We're not going to shut the door to a bid which we deem good, because we need the money - that doesn't need Einstein to work out.

JWP not being that 'interested' to go to Villa is also believable, so they'd need to put up a decent package to tempt him.

So, it's two fold - they offer JWP a good deal, and give us a good amount of money and he is out of the door tomorrow. I think most of us accept that. The reality is that that probably won't happen so he will still be here.....but don't be blind to the fact that we will ship him out tomorrow if the money is right.

4 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

YeS became pointless as people quote your negative, moany stuff. Only the idiot Turkey on it  now.

Still banging on with your always stuff, wrong about that as well 👍

HaVing troublE with your capS lock are we 🤣 

Ouch, bit far that one, how will I recover. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Every club bar a tiny number you can count on one hand is a selling club. That still doesn't make it obvious he'll leave.

Yes it does if they meet our value… it happens every. Single. Season.

Just now, SKD said:

Surely you’re smart enough to realise Blackmore is a club stooge? 

Why would the club tell us he definitely isn't going if he is? Also Leech said the same in a pod today, villa athletic reporter called the deal "unlikely". I'm really curious to know why you think he'll leave, no one is saying that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

How do the club benefit from telling Blackmore that Ward-Prowse won't leave... only for him to leave?

Because then the club can trot out the following: ''We tried everything we could to keep him, but the offer was too good to turn down. This will enable us to be stronger going forward and Gao has allowed us to reinvest it all into the squad''.

If it happens that'll be the line, word.for.word.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

How do the club benefit from telling Blackmore that Ward-Prowse won't leave... only for him to leave? 

Why would the club say he’s not for sale?….

1 - keep fans on side. 
2 - maximise the value they can get for him. 

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We're not going to shut the door to a bid which we deem good, because we need the money - that doesn't need Einstein to work out.

I don't agree with this. With Ings going and Vest probably too we are weak, it would take a monumental bid to get him as it would severely risk relegation which would be a lot more costly in the long run. This is what basically all our journos are saying and it makes sense.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TWar said:

I don't agree with this. With Ings going and Vest probably too we are weak, it would take a monumental bid to get him as it would severely risk relegation which would be a lot more costly in the long run. This is what basically all our journos are saying and it makes sense.

The Ings deal has shown exactly what we'd do - if the bid is good enough, we will accept it as we need the money.

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Why would the club say he’s not for sale?….

1 - keep fans on side. 
2 - maximise the value they can get for him. 

Has he ever done this before and then the player has left same window? VvD, Lallana, Shaw? Blackmore is a respected journo, he aint putting his rep on the line to post fake news

We absolutely cannot let JWP go to Villa now we've sold Ings to them, unless it's for anything over £60million. 

Part of me wonders if the Ings deal was us deflecting..."we aren't selling James, but can we interest you in a proven goalscorer for a similar amount..."

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Don't suppose there is a transfer window for forum posters too? We could do with offloading a few to other forums. Every thread is utterly polluted with childish name-calling and bickering. It's so tiresome. 

We’ve been trying to get always/chapel end to join the ugly inside for years but we can’t give him away. He’s the forums Guido Carillo

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Anyone still not believe me? We’d sell our own fans if we could get any money for them, we’re that skint. 

I don't disbelieve you but when what we've heard so far amounts to...

- Villa made a 'derisory' offer presumably far off of our valuation of the player (have since reportedly come in with a second offer of unknown value)

- The package they have offered JWP also doesn't sound like it's impressed him

- Adam Blackmore, a source close to the club has said he won't be sold to Villa except for an extortionate price ("would have to buy the club")

- Player is on a long term contract with no need for us to sell at a low price

I fail to see how him going is the more likely option at this point. It really comes down to that 'at the right price' bit - maybe they come in with a ridiculously high offer that we'd be stupid to refuse using the Grealish money but I expect our valuation of Ward-Prowse will be higher than they are willing to pay especially as they are already getting up there in spending having bought in Buendia, Bailey and now Ings.

4 minutes ago, Diabolus Ex Machina said:

I don't disbelieve you but when what we've heard so far amounts to...

- Villa made a 'derisory' offer presumably far off of our valuation of the player (have since reportedly come in with a second offer of unknown value)

- The package they have offered JWP also doesn't sound like it's impressed him

- Adam Blackmore, a source close to the club has said he won't be sold to Villa except for an extortionate price ("would have to buy the club")

- Player is on a long term contract with no need for us to sell at a low price

I fail to see how him going is the more likely option at this point. It really comes down to that 'at the right price' bit - maybe they come in with a ridiculously high offer that we'd be stupid to refuse using the Grealish money but I expect our valuation of Ward-Prowse will be higher than they are willing to pay especially as they are already getting up there in spending having bought in Buendia, Bailey and now Ings.

It’s certainly not set in stone that he’ll go, but upwards of £40 million and Saints will accept. Then it comes down to how much money JWP wants. 

1 minute ago, LGTL said:

It’s certainly not set in stone that he’ll go, but upwards of £40 million and Saints will accept. Then it comes down to how much money JWP wants. 

We used to be Liverpool’s feeder club now we’re villas

57 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The Ings deal has shown exactly what we'd do - if the bid is good enough, we will accept it as we need the money.

There is no ‘we’ in any of this, we’re no different to any other club. If someone offered Man City £1bn for De Bruyne and £1mpw in wages, he’d be gone. It’s happening with Kane and Grealish, it happened with Beckham and Ronaldo at Man Utd, Torres and Coutinho at Liverpool etc. etc.

Ings and JWP are unrelated, baffling to me that people think because we accepted an over the top bid for a player who clearly wants to leave and will leave for a free in a year (and is 29) it suddenly means we'll accept a bid for a player who is 26, has 4 years on his contract and doesn't want to leave.

JWP isn't going. 

Villa have already spent all the Grealish money now btw pretty much 3 x over £30 million fees, and are probably paying Ings alone more than Grealish was on.  But yeh of course they are going to come up with another £70 million plus package for JWP, lol. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

Anyone still not believe me? We’d sell our own fans if we could get any money for them, we’re that skint. 

Absolutely. This makes it even less likely. It's not evidence we are "skint" if we sell an injury prone 29 year old in his final year for £30m. Thats more than enough.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TWar said:

Absolutely. This makes it even less likely. It's not evidence we are "skint" if we sell an injury prone 29 year old in his final year for £30m. Thats more than enough.

Makes it more unlikely that we’d sell if Villa meet our valuation? Strange logic after this evenings events. 

2 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Makes it more unlikely that we’d sell if Villa meet our valuation? Strange logic after this evenings events. 

Means our valuation will be higher as without Ings, losing JWP makes us more likely to be relegated. No matter how much we make off JWP it won't be enough to offset that cost.

6 minutes ago, LGTL said:

It makes it less likely Villa would meet our valuation because they are £30 million down (not to mention the combined £70 million spent on Buendia and Bailey) and the fact they likely have 3 new high earners on the books and must be paying Ings upwards of £140 - 150k a week, seeing as we offered him likely around £100k a week over 4 years, they have only given him a 3 year deal so must be basically giving him silly wages for him to abandon his 'champions league' ambition and move effectively sideways and have a year less on his contract.

So they have likely spent a total package of around £50 million on an injury prone 29 year old, I am wondering how you think they will likely come up with the £50 million plus fee and the substantial pay rise for JWP, so another £100k a week plus over 4 years, so again around £70 million plus in total. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LGTL said:

If the Ings transfer tells us anything it's that we'll hold out for a good price. There's no way we'll go as low as £40m for JWP

• Like 1

I think the club have arranged the big name departures to coincide with the final friendlies, so I reckon JWP will be off up the A34 at around 2.45 Saturday - brace yourselves!  I blame Matt Targett as he is clearly the catalyst for this exodus, like Lambert when he went to Liverpool.  The thought of the trio strolling down the Bournville Boulevard fills me with dread :(   

41 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

and must be paying Ings upwards of £140 - 150k a week, seeing as we offered him likely around £100k a week over 4 years, they have only given him a 3 year deal so must be basically giving him silly wages for him to abandon his 'champions league' ambition and move effectively sideways and have a year less on his contract.

Maybe. Its worth considering that Ings would probably have had to take a huge cut in wages should we be relegated.  Moving to Villa perhaps reduces that possibility and thus guarantees the full £100k a week wages over the entire contract. Wage security may have been a factor. Maybe not.

18 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Has to be £50m+ for JWP.

Ben White was £50m.  Maddison is valued at £70m

Maddison can play a bit, but £70m?  I know we say this every year, but football has lost the plot.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

Maybe. Its worth considering that Ings would probably have had to take a huge cut in wages should we be relegated.  Moving to Villa perhaps reduces that possibility and thus guarantees the full £100k a week wages over the entire contract. Wage security may have been a factor. Maybe not.

Villa only stayed up the season before due to an incorrect Var decision.

Last season we won there and were robbed at home.

It was all about money and security for him with his injury record it’s a no brainer for him

3 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

It was all about money and security for him with his injury record it’s a no brainer for him

it matters little what Villa did two season's ago, it's what they will do over the next three seasons and equally what we might do. He's decided they are a better option. Less likely to go down Less likelt that he has his wages cut in half.. So we are in agreement. 

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Interest in JWP - Signs new 5 year contract
  • Lighthouse changed the title to James Ward-Prowse
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic