Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

5 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

I'm really worried now... After Wednesday I thought he'd be gone before the Palace game, but he's still here, has shouldered no responsibility for the utter shite he's served up and is talking about being judged in a number of months. 

Egg. This is exactly what I’m on about.

Jones said this directly to sky “ I take sole responsibility for the results we're getting, and I'll take sole responsibility when things turnaround,"

But no, according to this poster he’s “shouldered no responsibility”. 

SR acknowledge internally now that they may have made a mistake in the Jones appointment.
Players reporting back to SR that systems are too complicated and not suited, causing arguments within squad.
Players/staff like Jones, but feel he is out of his depth.
With each defeat the discontent is growing within the squad.
I'm not sure what this means in the short term, but watch this space.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, St Louis said:

SR acknowledge internally now that they may have made a mistake in the Jones appointment.
Players reporting back to SR that systems are too complicated and not suited, causing arguments within squad.

Where’s this come from?

Just now, St Louis said:

Senior Director level, I can't say anymore, sorry.
I thought it was just easy for us fans to make assumptions that didnt fit with reality, but I have it confirmed.

Thanks for sharing, it's somewhat reassuring to know that they haven't got their fingers in their ears.

• Like 3

I genuinely feel sorry for NJ. He’s been somewhat thrown under the bus by a board of directors that don’t seem to know football as well as we thought they did. 

He’s clearly so far out of his depth he’d probably be up to his neck if he was standing in a puddle in the car park.  

I’m still struggling to understand what happened on Wednesday and what he was trying to achieve. I can only assume that he was trying to win knock downs from the hooooof ball, which simply doesn’t work in this league. At least not enough to keep us in it, especially seeing as ALL of our players, especially the young 1’s (so most) will never have played this style before.

They probably even use it as a derogatory term to mock the lower leagues. 

I also assume (quite possibly a dangerous move right now) that they’re already scouting for a new manager immediately by analysing their vast database, tweaking the unparalleled black box and using various trigonometry techniques that will unearth the next Pep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

It is but it's pointless if they do nothing about it. 

Yep true, but it's nice to hear something from the background! I think a lot of assumed that they were blocking out the noise and were steadfast in their decision, if there are doubts then any more defeats are going to give them a decision to make for sure.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Yep true, but it's nice to hear something and not radio silence! I think a lot of assumed that they were blocking out the noise and were steadfast in their decision, if there are doubts then any more defeats are going to give them a decision to make for sure.

Fingers crossed for two heavy defeats in the next two games that don't matter then. For the greater good. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, St Louis said:

I thought it was just easy for us fans to make assumptions that didnt fit with reality, but I have it confirmed.

The question is, are they going to do anything about their catastrophic error that has markedly increased the speed at which our club is hurtling towards relegation? Bringing in Orsic looks a good start but him and any further new signings need a quality coach in charge not a nonentity shouty long ball merchant from the Welsh valleys. You can bring in as many decent players as you like but they will not make much difference whilst this bloke is running training, picking the team and deciding on tactics. Time for Ankersen and his clever mates to show they really are intelligent, grow some balls and make a big decision for the good of the club. It may not save us from the drop but, with a good coach in charge, the fans will be back on side and we'll be more ready to mount a challenge next season if we do go down. Keep Jones and it will just get more toxic and he'll have to go eventually so bite the bullet, admit the cock up and get him gone now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

It is but it's pointless if they do nothing about it. 

But the point is it suggests that they possibly will!! We live our lives in constant hope as Saints fans So every little positive rumor helps😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

But the point is it suggests that they possibly will!! We live our lives in constant hope as Saints fans So every little positive rumor helps😂

I refuse to get my hopes up until I have reasonable confidence it's actually going to happen. He needs to be out before Everton or any tiny shred of hope will have disappeared. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I refuse to get my hopes up until I have reasonable confidence it's actually going to happen. He needs to be out before Everton or any tiny shred of hope will have disappeared. 

That's understandable ! And I agree, before Everton or bust😏

29 minutes ago, St Louis said:

So. What’s to do?

If we think that we have a chance of getting out of this relegation mess then something needs to change quickly. If we do get relegated then is Nathan Jones the right person to get us out of the Championship?

41 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Do you claim to be ITK? Havent seen anyone claim that on here for some time 

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

So. What’s to do?

If we think that we have a chance of getting out of this relegation mess then something needs to change quickly. If we do get relegated then is Nathan Jones the right person to get us out of the Championship?

He's not the right person to get the players out of bed let alone the championship 😂

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I cant believe people are pouring out such vitriol, and the slander of his private life!!

All of a sudden it seems Ralphs tenure was the best football the world have ever seen.

Listening to Stoke fans ffs 

Where have people slandered his private life? 

• Like 1

Sincerely hope the board is sounding out other managers, with Dyche at the top of that list. Suspect NJ will still be in charge against Palace, and although I of course want a win it might be better to get another loss with the players clueless about what the manager wants in order to hammer it home to those who might be able to do something in the games that actually matter, to actually do something

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I cant believe people are pouring out such vitriol, and the slander of his private life!!

All of a sudden it seems Ralphs tenure was the best football the world have ever seen.

Listening to Stoke fans ffs 

It’s way OTT. 

Even some of the football criticism is becoming ridiculous.” Lyanco wouldn’t get in the Havant side”, “Jones is a Sunday league manager”, “Jones couldn't manage us in Championship”, are a few of the gems posted. He maybe out of his depth in the Premier League but he’s done a decent job in the Championship without a pot to piss in. He basically did to Luton what Eddie Howe did with Boscombe before the money came in. Clearly he’s struggling, but some of the moaning is out of perspective. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s way OTT. 

Even some of the football criticism is becoming ridiculous.” Lyanco wouldn’t get in the Havant side”, “Jones is a Sunday league manager”, “Jones couldn't manage us in Championship”, are a few of the gems posted. He maybe out of his depth in the Premier League but he’s done a decent job in the Championship without a pot to piss in. He basically did to Luton what Eddie Howe did with Boscombe before the money came in. Clearly he’s struggling, but some of the moaning is out of perspective. 

Did you actually watch the Forest game?

It’s not an exaggeration to say that was the least organised and most poorly managed sides I have ever seen in the premier league. 

The last 10 minutes the players didn’t even have positions; they were an absolute rabble. No one knew what position they were in. 

No, the moaning isn’t out of perspective. It’s exactly right. If he manages to get the team looking like a team, I will praise him. But he deserves all the stick he gets for the Forest game. It was a joke. 

Edited by Osvaldorama
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, DT said:

Sincerely hope the board is sounding out other managers, with Dyche at the top of that list. Suspect NJ will still be in charge against Palace, and although I of course want a win it might be better to get another loss with the players clueless about what the manager wants in order to hammer it home to those who might be able to do something in the games that actually matter, to actually do something

Ha!The problem is that Palace are in pretty poor form themselves!!

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

If Ralph was responsible for player recruitment I would agree with you but I'm not sure he was, he obviously had input but I doubt the final decisions were his 

Well by all accounts its him who didnt want Eze and Olise when the chance came up

1 hour ago, St Louis said:

I sincerely hope this is true and the board do something about it sooner rather than later.  My gut feeling is that its all on the Palace match, play badly and get thrashed and NJ has to go.  But this is Saints and nothing is straight forward

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s way OTT. 

If he's still our manager in the Championship, I will not be paying my hard-earned money to go and watch it. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MarkSFC said:

Ha!The problem is that Palace are in pretty poor form themselves!!

I guess the other way of looking at it, with the rosiest of specs on, is that this could be the time to galvanise and play well, advance in the cup and put all this behind us. I know. madness

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fair enough. I didn’t mean to come over slagging the non league game. I know from my lad the dedication involved. He travels over an hour to training and travels miles on match day, and all for about £60. 

However, I thought his pile on a bit classless.  if  Doswell is  given the Portsmouth role replacing Cowley it would clearly be a step up. If within weeks a Wessex league manager was on local radio slagging him off, I’m sure he’d be pretty pissed off. Particularly if he was claiming a league 1 player wouldn’t get in his side. 

The pile on is a bit OTT in my opinion, particularly Blackmore. The bloke who sucked Ralph off every week and told us we should be grateful we’re in the top flight, is now giving it to us straight. You had Tessam (a woeful pundit) stating that Jones needs to play HIS system and what he knows, before slagging off 3 at the back. A contradiction clearly. You’ve got people bemoaning “hoof ball” whilst calling for Dyche. The obsession with failures of 3 at the back is ridiculous. When you don’t compete, don’t score, don’t tackle or don’t mark people it’s irrelevant what formation you play. I’m all for constructive criticism, but a lot is crossing the line. Bloody hell I dread to think what Lawrie would get if he relegated Ted Bates team in this era (and no I’m not comparing Jones to Lawrie). This has been coming to a head for 18 months, “soft as shite mentality” is in our DNA now. Jones should at least be given the transfer window and a couple of seasoned pros to see if he can turn it round. If he can’t I’ll be the first in line  with my pitchfork. 

No drama. Personally, I wouldn't waste the month and the transfer window on him. I'd bite the bullet now.

As for Dyche. He's been there and done it successfully. Jones hasn't, and doesn't look like he can. 

I'm relaxed about Doswell speaking out. He did that as a fan, not as a manager lashing out against a fellow manager. 

Personally I have no issue with Blackmore either. He called the fans entitled - spot on - many are. That said, we're entitled to better than the shite players, management and attitude that we've got at the moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Osvaldorama said:

Did you actually watch the Forest game?

It’s not an exaggeration to say that was the least organised and poorly managed sides I have ever seen in the premier league. 

The last 10 minutes the players didn’t even have positions; they were an absolute rabble. 

No, the moaning isn’t out of perspective. It’s exactly right. 

Yes I did watch. It was as bad as Brentford away last season, which I also watched. If you’re judging the last 10 mins of games, I presume you thought the attempt to beat 9 men Newcastle under Ralph as bad. 

Don’t you think claiming Lyanco couldn’t get in the Havant side or Jones couldn’t manage in the Championship valid criticism, or emotional nonsense? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

No drama. Personally, I wouldn't waste the month and the transfer window on him. I'd bite the bullet now.

As for Dyche. He's been there and done it successfully. Jones hasn't, and doesn't look like he can. 

I'm relaxed about Doswell speaking out. He did that as a fan, not as a manager lashing out against a fellow manager. 

Personally I have no issue with Blackmore either. He called the fans entitled - spot on - many are. That said, we're entitled to better than the shite players, management and attitude that we've got at the moment.

There's absolutely nothing entitled about expecting better than the performances and results of the last twelve months. Any fanbase would have been the same and actually we've been more patient than many. 

1 minute ago, DT said:

I guess the other way of looking at it, with the rosiest of specs on, is that this could be the time to galvanise and play well, advance in the cup and put all this behind us. I know. madness

l am one of the most optimistic people generally you will ever meet but the only way of putting this behind us is changing the manager!! Sod the FA Cup this season!l

2 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

If he's still our manager in the Championship, I will not be paying my hard-earned money to go and watch it. 

Had anyone else taken us down, and we then appointed the bloke who got Luton into the play offs. A bloke that had a decent championship win ratio, loads would be for it. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s way OTT. 

I’ll give Jones some credit he’s managed to do what previous managers have failed and that’s to unite the fans…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

There's absolutely nothing entitled about expecting better than the performances and results of the last twelve months. Any fanbase would have been the same and actually we've been more patient than many. 

Not sure you read my post mate "we're entitled to better than the shite players, management and attitude that we've got at the moment". Results and performances flow from that. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Had anyone else taken us down, and we then appointed the bloke who got Luton into the play offs. A bloke that had a decent championship win ratio, loads would be for it. 

There's a big difference I think in coming in from the cold to try to bring a relegated team up, and taking them down then trying to take them back. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yes I did watch. It was as bad as Brentford away last season, which I also watched. If you’re judging the last 10 mins of games, I presume you thought the attempt to beat 9 men Newcastle under Ralph as bad. 

Don’t you think claiming Lyanco couldn’t get in the Havant side or Jones couldn’t manage in the Championship valid criticism, or emotional nonsense? 

I’ve not watched Havant this season… but I’d drive Lyanco there myself. I’m sure the manager didn’t mean it literally and was being hyperbolic. (I agree with you that the personal abuse is out of order though)

I also do think it was much worse than Brentford away. I have never seen players look so confused. Salisu was shouting at the bench, edozie and Aribo were at full back. We had no midfield or structure. As Jo Tessem apparently said, it was literally chaos.

It was as bad as could be in the biggest game of the season. Football fans are emotional creatures. 

Edited by Osvaldorama
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Not sure you read my post mate "we're entitled to better than the shite players, management and attitude that we've got at the moment". Results and performances flow from that. 

You said he was correct to call the fans entitled because many are. I don't agree that entitled is the correct way to describe any fanbase that deserve a very basic level of commitment and results. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!