Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

What’s absolutely astonishing to me is that despite the fact we’ve been hilariously shit for what now feels like years, we’re still not cut adrift at the bottom. We’re somehow still one win and goal difference away from getting out of the bottom three. 

How we’re not completely dead and buried yet is beyond me. But we’re not. 

With just a bit of basic organisation and man-management it still really wouldn’t take that much to get fairly comfortably safe. Grind out a couple of ugly 1-0s at home, the confidence comes back and everything starts feeling different. 

Which of course Jones is clearly not capable of, which makes it all the more imperative for SR to cut their losses immediately, admit their mistake, send this delusional psychopath packing and get a proper manager in, before that gap really opens up. 

• Like 30

1 minute ago, Midfield_General said:

What’s absolutely astonishing to me is that despite the fact we’ve been hilariously shit for what now feels like years, we’re still not cut adrift at the bottom. We’re somehow still one win and goal difference away from getting out of the bottom three. 

With just a bit of basic organisation and man-management it still really wouldn’t take that much to get fairly comfortably safe. Grind out a couple of ugly 1-0s at home, the confidence comes back and everything starts feeling different. 

Which of course Jones is clearly not capable of, which makes it all the more imperative for SR to cut their losses immediately, admit their mistake, send this delusional psychopath packing and get a proper manager in, before that gap really opens up. 

This 100%

• Like 1

I want to be in that number when Saints sack Nathan Jones, oh when the saints, sack Nathan Jones,sack Nathan Jones, I want to be in that number, oh when the saints sack Nathan Jones, oh when the saints go sacking Jones, go sacking. Oh when the Saints sack Nathan Jones I want to be in that number oh when the saints sack Nathan Jones.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

This is why I don't get why people are talking about accepting relegation already.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DT said:

No team at the bottom at Christmas has survived pretty much nails it

West Brom were bottom at Christmas in 04/05 and obviously survived.

Wolves were also bottom at Christmas this season, not us.

Good post other than that though.

Edited by EssEffCee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, EssEffCee said:

It’s beyond Christmas so probably still applies, but fair enough

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EssEffCee said:

Newcastle were technically joint bottom xmas last year and survived

3 minutes ago, EssEffCee said:

And that we had the World Cup break so the number of games played by (this) Christmas wasn’t as per a regular season, right? 

15 minutes ago, DT said:

No team at the bottom at Christmas has survived pretty much nails it

Not that sort of season. The points gap is still negligible. Worse now but two wins and you are out of it.

Putting the management in place to achieve those wins is the hard part.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, richard799 said:

I want to be in that number when Saints sack Nathan Jones, oh when the saints, sack Nathan Jones,sack Nathan Jones, I want to be in that number, oh when the saints sack Nathan Jones, oh when the saints go sacking Jones, go sacking. Oh when the Saints sack Nathan Jones I want to be in that number oh when the saints sack Nathan Jones.

You sound like Nathan Jones having a breakdown.

13 minutes ago, coalman said:

So. Very. Unlikeable.

People would be more accepting of his fist pumping and antics if we were winning.

Have to add that although NJ wasn’t the appointment I was expecting when Ralph was sacked, and what has followed has been as bad, if not worse than feared, the personal abuse aimed at him, and whether he is likeable or not is poor from our fans.

I think this weekend’s outbursts have made it near impossible for Jones position, without some public climbing down, which probably won’t happen. That said, I  feel sorry the bloke being in a position where he is out of his depth and struggling. I’m sure many of us have taken the wrong job, or realised how bad it is when too late. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

It’s unbelievable he’s still there. 
Should’ve sacked him immediately after full time like that Scottish team did the other week. 🤣

Would’ve been quite funny seeing Jones storm off trying to start a fight with various people. 😅

That was Aberdeen.

A guy who works for me is a fan. He literally hated the manager.

We've been swapping stories for a few weeks...

Just been looking through our run in, there’s still a few games that ordinarily would be seen as winnable, so all is not lost yet. But I just don’t see us improving under Jones. Personally I’d like him gone ASAP, if we lose against Wolves next week then it surely absolutely has to be his final goodbye.

Before the recent spending spree, I thought SR weren't worried about relegation, but they at least seem to be having doubts - that's got to involve Jones too. 

The situation reminds me a bit of Pellegrino - stayed on purely because of the Cup run and its friendly draws, but our league form was desperate and required action earlier. 

With Jones, we've had one good week, where we got more wins than in all the other weeks of his tenure put together. Not only was he struggling to stick to a starting 11 and team that worked, the signings seem to have confused him even more. It cannot be that we're still trying to find that out now!

Additionally, in public he comes across poorly stinking of small man syndrome. He definitely feels like a pally character so I can see that he might be popular with some players, but I'm not imagining that inspires all, and is probably not a great fit for a young squad. In my view, Rasmus liked him because he personally relates to his character.  

Wolves will make it three months on the job for him, and is 100% a must win or pack up situation. A draw only pulls it out of the fire if we then pick up at least a win from Chelsea or Leeds away.

If not, forget about meeting Luton again, he's got to go before the cup tie. We have arguably our hardest run of the season until home v. Bournemouth, with European/league chasers firing for the final sprint, and a couple of 6 pointers against Palace/Leicester - if we don't pick any positive momentum or bounce before, we will go down and go down toxically.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Millbrook Saint said:

I'm hoping things in the background are happening pretty fast, SR ….

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

They had Jones lined up within about 24 hours of Ralph going - 

Or, they're just faffing about.

1 hour ago, Dr. Kucho said:

Rasmus and Semmens should have been on the phone all night to agents and potential managers… 

Worry is that it was Rasmus (and possibly Semmens) who got us in this mess.

If you were Dragan, or Kat, would you want to leave it to these cowboys and their spreadsheets to get it right this time ? 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Is it Ankerson due to it being so successful with Brentford? 

Ankersen wasn't the brains behind Brentford it was the other guy who's name escapes me. Rasmus has been basking in reflected glory but is a charlatan I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Just been looking through our run in, there’s still a few games that ordinarily would be seen as winnable, so all is not lost yet. But I just don’t see us improving under Jones. Personally I’d like him gone ASAP, if we lose against Wolves next week then it surely absolutely has to be his final goodbye.

Too late, he needs to go now.

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Are they having doubts though, about Jones?

We don’t know it for sure.

The fact that the likes of Adam Blackmore are coming out and saying this is plain wrong is eye-opening.

But aside from that it’s the same as the day before…

The fact that either he has declined to take part, or they’ve excluded him from the Fans Forum I think is pretty telling, and will have caused some ripples internally. 

This was before the weekend’s interviews which has put the whole club under a media microscope. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Worth a crafty tenner on a Lage and Selles Algarve chillout remix. Hipster enough for Rasmus to retain some Ted points and likely to get us organised and looking like a team. Lage might fancy it and I don’t think Selles has done anything wrong, he’s liked by the players. Tick tock. 

Let's go with this. I'll even sign up for the chillout playlist. The announcement will be just after 10am tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saintant said:

Ankersen wasn't the brains behind Brentford it was the other guy who's name escapes me. Rasmus has been basking in reflected glory but is a charlatan I'm afraid.

Phil Giles, who is now the sole director of football. 

Both co-directors have now had pretty much the same time as sole directors, and the fortunes of their teams are telling. And I don't think Benham has more money than Dragan...

Edited by melmacian_saint
wrong word (more not less=
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!