Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Most definitely won’t be surviving if Jones is still there.

@Saint GarrettAny ITK updates this afternoon? 👀

(Wishful thinking).

Training ground scrap this morning, was a board meeting today, Selles took a light training session this afternoon and another meeting scheduled for tomorrow. 

I can’t believe he’s lasted today tbh. 

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 18

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yeah, I’d have had him on bench, but he has been pretty fucking poor so far. I felt he couldn’t cope with the physicality of Newcastle, but he also struggled against Blackpool. It’ll probably next season before we see the best of him, but unlike the Argie lad we were carrying him and we just can’t afford that atm. I’m not writing him off in case anyone tries to claim I am, but if I was advising him I’d tell him to put a couple of performances in before posting cryptic messages. 

He has struggled with the intensity of a couple of games I've felt, but I still don't think that is anyway to treat an international - throw them to AFC Totton on the Friday before a PL game. A real shocking show of respect in my opinion, he's a new guy, he's just come to the club and the manager has treated him like that.

By the same token, Elyounoussi and Diallo, who struggle against any team they play against and cannot cope with the intensity or physicality at all, are the first names on Jones team sheet. It just doesn't make any sense to me what so ever.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

Scrap this morning, was a board meeting today, Selles took a light training session this afternoon and another meeting scheduled for tomorrow. 

Interesting that Selles took training this afternoon.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Just been looking through our run in, there’s still a few games that ordinarily would be seen as winnable, so all is not lost yet. But I just don’t see us improving under Jones. Personally I’d like him gone ASAP, if we lose against Wolves next week then it surely absolutely has to be his final goodbye.

I keep doing this, but then we lose the next winnable game, so I have a look at the fixtures again....and then we lose the next winnable game etc. The reality is that the games are running out, it's starting to shape up for me like Bournemouth and ourselves will be scrapping for 19th/20th, then you'll have Everton, Forest, Leeds, Wolves flapping around 18th.

I think we're done. We don't need 'tiny improvements', we need to literally switch our form of over a year on it's head in the space of a few weeks. Without divine intervention (maybe that's why Jones is here?) I just don't see how it happens.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Training ground scrap this morning, was a board meeting today, Selles took a light training session this afternoon and another meeting scheduled for tomorrow. 

Was Jones at either session?

9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If that’s true, I reckon he’s toast.  

On 10/11/2022 at 11:11, manji said:

Rasmus initially wanted Jones for Brentford. Clearly he has been seriously vetted.

On 10/11/2022 at 13:00, Pilchards said:

That actually is 100% spot on.

18 months he’s been tracked for I found out.

18 months tracking a fraud who is the worst PL manager in history.

18 f*cking months!

You couldn't make it up.

gravy laughing GIF

Rasmussen and Semmens.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, saintant said:

It would be an even bigger mistake for SR not to admit they've made a massive mistake.

I don’t see the big issue here about saving face. We all know it’s a cock up. They must know it’s a cock up. And to do nothing will cost them inordinately more than biting the bullet now. Still, they did procrastinate too long over Ralph. So they have history. Hope they see sense tonight and do it tomorrow. Even they can surely act with so much noise around. Surely?

2 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

18 months tracking a fraud who is the worst PL manager in history.

18 f*cking months!

You couldn't make it up.

gravy laughing GIF

Rasmussen and Semmens.

This must seriously impinge on Ankersen's credibility. Surely nobody now believes the guy is smart after this monumental mistake. Only somebody short of a brain cell or two would track Jones for months and decide he's cut out to run a Premier League club. Did he do zero due diligence? 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Thanks Saint Garrett 🙏 To be clear, the rumour previously alluded to in this thread that there was a fall out (scrap) between player(s) and Jones this morning is true ? 

My gut feel - nothing more - is that they will give him the Wolves game on Saturday. This is where we have a dilemna. We win he gets to stay - at least for another few games. We lose he’s out. I never have wanted my team to lose before but next weekend I do. This man is like a cancer in our club. He needs to go. The sooner he leaves the sooner we will be united again. He stays we will be relegated. I’ve never been more certain about anything. 

As i said, he’s a cancer and is as bad if not worse than Branfoot was. We the fans can get rid of him by not turning up next weekend. Loud demonstrations outside St Marys before the game on Saturday by thousands of fans will help bring  it to a head. He’s a nasty little egotist with a serious personality disorder. How those appointing him didn’t see this make you seriously wonder if they also should be anywhere near our club.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

My gut feel - nothing more - is that they will give him the Wolves game on Saturday. This is where we have a dilemna. We win he gets to stay - at least for another few games. We lose he’s out. I never have wanted my team to lose before but next weekend I do. This man is like a cancer in our club. He needs to go. The sooner he leaves the sooner we will be united again. He stays we will be relegated. I’ve never been more certain about anything. 

As i said, he’s a cancer and is as bad if not worse than Branfoot was. We the fans can get rid of him by not turning up next weekend. Loud demonstrations outside St Marys before the game on Saturday by thousands of fans will help bring  it to a head. He’s a nasty little egotist with a serious personality disorder. How those appointing him didn’t see this make you seriously wonder if they also should be anywhere near our club.

I don't see the point, it's gone beyond giving him time now. He's killed any opportunity for recovery he may have had, the bloke is an absolute nut job and keeping him in for another game is just creating more irreversible damage. In a weird way, a win against the odds against Wolves with him in charge will be a bigger loss in the long term.

I think it's got to the point where we have to call it this week, let Selles take charge of Wolves to give us the best chance and then have someone new in (maybe) for Chelsea away.

One of the main things you need in football is hope, having Jones in charge is not giving us any hope and a club without hope is dead.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3

Just now, S-Clarke said:

I don't see the point, it's gone beyond giving him time now. He's killed any opportunity for recovery he may have had, the bloke is an absolute nut job and keeping him in for another game is just creating more irreversible damage. In a weird way, a win against the odds against Wolves with him in charge will be a bigger loss in the long term.

I think it's got to the point where we have to call it this week, let Selles take charge of Wolves to give us the best chance and then have someone new in (maybe) for Chelsea away.

💯 The man is completely divisive and must be sacked at the first opportunity, if only for the comments and general unwellness

4 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

Absolutely no point in giving him another game, even in the unlikely event we win. Needs to be gone on Monday

• Like 10

I would guess the following could of been the timeline as per at Garrett.  There was a scrap this morning then Jones was involved (probably slagging off orsic and DCC etc) and him and his team got kicked out and then they had selles run the session in the arvo.

SR probably were reviewing the position this morning but after the fracas will instead confirm the media release and next steps tomorrow.

I think they’ll give him another game purely because of the post match interview yesterday when he said from now on he will do it his own way. The board, because they are struggling to admit they’ve got this wrong will give him the opportunity to hang himself based on next Saturday’s performance.

Wonder what the new boys are making of this all 🤣🤣 

Dez footie just posted this so looks like onachu's team have already got an idea 

"17 games is a lot to change things around. Southampton’s board can still act. Just need to accept that they made the wrong decision appointing Nathan Jones. Proven manager needed."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

I would guess the following could of been the timeline as per at Garrett.  There was a scrap this morning then Jones was involved (probably slagging off orsic and DCC etc) and him and his team got kicked out and then they had selles run the session in the arvo.

SR probably were reviewing the position this morning but after the fracas will instead confirm the media release and next steps tomorrow.

Please let this be the thing.

And he fucks off and we start to build towards this squads potential.

• Like 2

Just now, LegalEagle said:

I think they’ll give him another game purely because of the post match interview yesterday when he said from now on he will do it his own way. The board, because they are struggling to admit they’ve got this wrong will give him the opportunity to hang himself based on next Saturday’s performance.

If he was inferring the club wanted him to play a certain way and not just the players then I'd say there is no chance he lasts to wolves.

5 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

If the players are fighting either him, or amongst themselves there is no way he can stay, he's too divisive, SR know this, the media know this and the fans know this, if it's about saving face they need to just bite the bullet, admit to cocking up, the fans will respect them far more if they admit making a mistake and putting it right, instead of just trying to muddle through.  They get a decent manager in this week, then it'll give everyone a lift for the Wolves game.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Sounds very plausible, didn't they announce Ralph had left at 10am on a Monday morning?

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Literally just read came on and here and read this. WTF has happened?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Absolutely no point in giving him another game, even in the unlikely event we win. Needs to be gone on Monday

Yes. If we have any chance of staying up (and I think SR want that), keeping him on for next week with everything that's happened in the last 24 hours, will actually seal our fate. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

That's a lot of speculation. 

Just now, Toussaint said:

Someone please clarify what is supposed to have happened. NJ had a fight with one of the players? What’s all the stuff about DCC? Is there bad feeling after him being played for the B team. Anyone care a summary of key events?

It's all speculation, but a couple of ITK folks on here have suggested there was a training ground bust up. It's speculation in respect of who was involved and what happened, but it sounds like it got heated.

• Like 1

Just now, Toussaint said:

Someone please clarify what is supposed to have happened. NJ had a fight with one of the players? What’s all the stuff about DCC? Is there bad feeling after him being played for the B team. Anyone care a summary of key events?

Nobody knows. Saint Garrett's source has said there was a training ground bust up this morning. That's all the info. 

• Like 2

Just now, S-Clarke said:

It's all speculation, but a couple of ITK folks on here have suggested there was a training ground bust up. It's speculation in respect of who was involved and what happened, but it sounds like it got heated.

Normally I would just say it's bullshit but I think anything is possible with Nathan Jones. Bloke has a screw loose.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Fighting in the workplace could get him sacked for gross misconduct and save paying him off.

• Like 7

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Thanks, And NJ was marched out or left afterwards ?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!