Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

The decisions in plain view to me don't seem like some that would come from SR. Especially, after bringing up how the World Cup break was difficult yesterday because we didn't have everyone in it, despite having the joint fewest players at the World Cup with Palace and Bournemouth. It seems to me that he was just making up a load of excuses yesterday to protect himself.

I don't think SR are telling him to keep all our January signings on the bench, or the B team after pumping a load of funds into the team and backing him heavily. I don't think they're telling him to play Elyounoussi and Diallo every week, two flops from the old regime who they have no loyalty to. Diallo made six starts this season under Hasenhuttl and that was because Lavia was injured. I don't think SR are telling Jones to mess Lavia around. He's the prized asset, the one that supports the model they're trying to implement and they can make their money back from. I don't think SR told Jones to recall Bednarek who was deemed not good enough for us when they were in charge half a season ago, act like you're Ali-G when you refer to him in a shit nickname and instantly put him back into the team despite him being our fourth best centre-back, only better than Lyanco and claiming that our better centre-backs need more minutes in the B team.

Essentially, he's a mess, trying to absolve himself of any blame which is clear whenever he refers to the team as "they". He takes no ownership, despite being in charge for near three months now. SR did get it wrong with the appointment, everyone knew that. Our closest rivals at the time have appointed Emery, Lopetegui and Dyche and are now moving clear, while we went for the one with no top level experience and got no new manager bounce despite a break which most aren't afforded.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, HarvSFC said:

The decisions in plain view to me don't seem like some that would come from SR. Especially, after bringing up how the World Cup break was difficult yesterday because we didn't have everyone in it, despite having the joint fewest players at the World Cup with Palace and Bournemouth. It seems to me that he was just making up a load of excuses yesterday to protect himself.

He'd have more if he didn't send everyone off on a nice holiday for a week, but he wanted to be everyone's friend.

• Like 1

Just now, saintant said:

I think Ankersen is deluded enough to think what happened in the movie Moneyball where the coach (Brad Pitt) is on a losing streak then suddenly turns things round and wins 20 straight games will happen for Jones.

This. Never trust a man who thinks he is Brad Pitt

Edited by coalman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

That interview was a disgrace, to be fair. 

Exactly. Which makes Blackmores “Firstly, I don’t wish ill of anyone &  I try to be positive & fair to people always” a bit revisionist. Letting someone come on and say an international centre half was faking an injury, that Lyanco couldn’t get in a non league side, is disgraceful & undermines his new found “honesty”. 

I don’t think anyone can save us now.  We are on 14 defeats already, half of those are down to NJ.  We are just two losses away from matching our own 16 from last season. 

Burnley went down with 17, Leeds scraped safety despite having 18. 

The worrying thing is we will lose a lot more to come. We can all see it, even the board. The NJ experiment has been an avoidable disaster.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

I don’t think anyone can save us now.  We are on 14 defeats already, half of those are down to NJ.  We are just two losses away from matching our own 16 from last season. 

The worrying thing is we will lose a lot more to come. We can all see it, even the board. The NJ experiment has been an avoidable disaster.

That is damning. Wow. Hopeless!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

That's a useful metric. 

If nothing else Nathan Jones has brought certainty to Southampton Football Club. Before he arrived we were possibly going to be relegated this season.

Now, with Jones in charge, we are certain to be relegated.

• Like 3

I can accept anyone making a mistake. SR (or whoever) made a mistake hiring Jones. Good leaders learn from their errors in judgement and act quickly to correct them. If Jones isn't gone today then those leading our club will go down in my estimation, even if its tomorrow. It should of been last night, it needs to be today. 

The true proof of SRs management and leadership is who comes in next. Am I hopeful that will be this week, no. Am I hopeful it will be someone good, no. Depressingly sad times.  

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Has anyone written an open letter to the board yet?

I am not afraid to admit that I sent an email to Mr Semmens a few weeks ago outlining my concerns/feelings about NJ's appointment. I generally fell out of love with football some years ago, but SFC have been a big part of my life for around 60 years.....not something that you give up easily, Seeing what was/is happening to the club feels like, as somebody else on here put it really well, "feeling like watching your faithful old dog slowly dying", so I felt that I had to say something. Firstly, I have have had email conversations with Mr Semmens when we got "kicked out" of our old seats in Kingsland Block 31 and he was easy to contact. Not now. Normal email address now not deliverable, Went through Main email address and eventually got an email from a minion saying that the email had been passed on and Mr Semmens would respond soon. Needless to say I have heard nothing.

• Like 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!