Nathan Jones

AlexLaw76

I'm still absolutely fuming that Caleta-Car who is our best centre back in my opinion was totally left out! Add into the fact Orsic played and scored at the World Cup and he too was not in the squad. Orsic is obviously totally miffed as to why judging by his Instagram post. I don't blame him one bit.

I hate seeing managers getting sacked but something has to give here as yesterday's after match interviews were totally baffling. I was definitely open to giving Nathan Jones time to stamp his authority but I now think we need a change to give ourselves the best possible chance of getting out of the dreaded bottom three. 

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, davefizzy14 said:

I'm still absolutely fuming that Caleta-Car who is our best centre back in my opinion was totally left out! Add into the fact Orsic played and scored at the World Cup and he too was not in the squad. Orsic is obviously totally miffed as to why judging by his Instagram post. I don't blame him one bit.

Orsic hasn't looked great since he arrived. But he's barely been given a chance to adapt and improve.
For the first few weeks he was benched, so for whatever reason it seems Jones just doesn't like him.

All our new players seem to get benched whilst we persist with Adams, Edozie and Mo game after game. Edozie has potential, but I expected to see him dropped for some proven experience/quality in Orsic almost immediately. It hasn't happened for some reason.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Orsic hasn't looked great since he arrived. But he's barely been given a chance to adapt and improve.
For the first few weeks he was benched, so for whatever reason it seems Jones just doesn't like him.

All our new players seem to get benched whilst we persist with Adams, Edozie and Mo game after game. Edozie has potential, but I expected to see him dropped for some proven experience/quality in Orsic almost immediately. It hasn't happened for some reason.

Exactly that regarding Orsic. How is he supposed to adapt and become accustomed to things if he not being given an opportunity. He's a quality player!

• Like 2

Imagine being Orsic, sit on bench cooling off against Everton, 6 minutes vs Villa, 50 odd vs Newcastle, 60 odd vs Blackpool.

In and out, not really enough to get up to the pace etc and in each game with a different formation, tactics, teammates. No fucking wonder he's not set the world alight. Every time he must feel he has a foothold he's either hauled off left out or given a different roles in a different formation.

From having Modric alongside him to having Moi. Poor sod!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Exactly. Which makes Blackmores “Firstly, I don’t wish ill of anyone &  I try to be positive & fair to people always” a bit revisionist. Letting someone come on and say an international centre half was faking an injury, that Lyanco couldn’t get in a non league side, is disgraceful & undermines his new found “honesty”. 

He wasn’t far wrong though 

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t think he will be.

SR took so long over Ralph I’m sure they’ll do the same now.

I think it's quite funny people thinking he will be. He won't. I reckon he's got till next week. And - yes - I would LOVE to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, landford.saint said:

Heard a rumour about bust up on training pitch this morning.    Didn’t even think they were training today, so ignored it.   But someone else mentioned it.    Is it just rubbish Chinese whispers, or is there an element of truth in it. 

Not heard any leeks. hahahahah

Gallows humour. God I hate him.

20 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

. Orsic is obviously totally miffed as to why judging by his Instagram post. I don't blame him one bit.

I’m miffed, that he’s miffed.

If he thinks he’s played well so far, he’s deluded.

Both games I’ve seen he’s looked weak and ineffective, his performances so far have been poor and he doesn’t deserve a start even in our shite side. Don’t let the hatred of jones blind you to that. 

4 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

We so missed the boat:

image.thumb.png.784f90b5d81bc83364c95e3f25db6bd1.png

Immediately took charge, showed them who the boss is, what the rules are and made it clear exactly what he wanted from them and put the ball in their court to see if they wanted to put in the graft to be in his team. 

Rarebit comes in jabbering a mile a minute trying to get pally with certain players and then throws everyone under the bus. Cunt.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Both games I’ve seen he’s looked weak and ineffective, his performances so far have been poor and he doesn’t deserve a start even in our shite side. Don’t let the hatred of jones blind you to that. 

But not even in the bench?

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That doesn't mean he should be banished to the reserves. He's only just arrived! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Didn't you say that Jones had promised to improve players, not banish them?

Just now, Toadhall Saint said:

But not even in the bench?

Yeah, I’d have had him on bench, but he has been pretty fucking poor so far. I felt he couldn’t cope with the physicality of Newcastle, but he also struggled against Blackpool. It’ll probably next season before we see the best of him, but unlike the Argie lad we were carrying him and we just can’t afford that atm. I’m not writing him off in case anyone tries to claim I am, but if I was advising him I’d tell him to put a couple of performances in before posting cryptic messages. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coalman said:

Didn't you say that Jones had promised to improve players, not banish them?

Not being in the squad for one game is hardly “banishing” someone.

Jones can speak for himself but I imagine he thought 90 mins in the B team was better for him than sitting on the bench. I don’t know, and don’t really care. I’m just surprised someone who has been poor is apparently miffed. There’s enough to attack Jones over without using this player. 

• Like 1

Ralph had us 90th out of 92 English league teams on form... how many times does this need repeating? 

Ralph was certainly likeable but his strange decisions, tactics and formation, never really knowing his best side and crazy substitutions lost us far more than he won us. 

Ralph no longer being fit for purpose and Nathan Jones being out of his depth are not antithetical. 

Ralph needed to go, Nathan was a risky appointment which has not worked out. That the simple truth and if we do not pull the trigger and go for one last change now, we go down and the legacy of this terrible decision may linger on for years. Best case now is we bring in someone who scrapes survival, get the fans back on board and the damage will have been short term. 

See: Sunken Cost Fallacy 

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Ralph had us 90th out of 92 English league teams on form... how many times does this need repeating? 

Ralph was certainly likeable but his strange decisions, tactics and formation, never really knowing his best side and crazy substitutions lost us far more than he won us. 

Ralph no longer being fit for purpose and Nathan Jones being out of his depth are not antithetical. 

Ralph needed to go, Nathan was a risky appointment which has not worked out. That the simple truth and if we do not pull the trigger and go for one last change now, we go down and the legacy of this terrible decision may linger on for years. Best case now is we bring in someone who scrapes survival, get the fans back on board and the damage will have been short term. 

See: Sunken Cost Fallacy 

Cracking player, that Sunken Cost Fallacy

21 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Not being in the squad for one game is hardly “banishing” someone.

Jones can speak for himself but I imagine he thought 90 mins in the B team was better for him than sitting on the bench. I don’t know, and don’t really care. I’m just surprised someone who has been poor is apparently miffed. There’s enough to attack Jones over without using this player. 

I agree with you and him, the issue is how he managed it and based on circumstantial evidence it wasn't very good.

2 minutes ago, Saint Billy said:

Disregarding the the mess on the pitch for one minute. He surely has to go now just based on the overriding dislike of him from the vast majority of supporters. 

The noise of thoroughly pissed off fans will only get louder the longer this pretender is there. 

This. And amplified by the media with the examples of MoTD comments and those of Adam Blackmore. Hopefully public shaming of this sort might penetrate SR's seemingly rhino strength thick skin.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DT said:

This. And amplified by the media with the examples of MoTD comments and those of Adam Blackmore. Hopefully public shaming of this sort might penetrate SR's seemingly rhino strength thick skin.

Even more interesting than what Blackmore said on twitter today is what he has been retweeting and liking. Much harsher criticism than anything he said which I think probably gives an indication as to how he is really feeling. He must feel pretty strongly to come out in the way he has and he would be a good judge seeing as he sees them up close and personal every week. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Millbrook Saint said:

I'm hoping things in the background are happening pretty fast, SR wouldn't be giving us updates every hour as to what they're doing, I'm happy to wait till they get what needs to be done, done, then make an announcement..... then again they could be sitting on their hands

That's assuming they are working towards something. 

They had Jones lined up within about 24 hours of Ralph going - pretty much zero time for fans to speculate before the Welsh Wonder arrived.

So maybe - maybe - they are working on the replacement now, so there is a very short gap (rather than faffing around not sacking him).

Or, they're just faffing about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

They had Jones lined up within about 24 hours of Ralph going - pretty much zero time for fans to speculate before the Welsh Wonder arrived.

So maybe - maybe - they are working on the replacement now, so there is a very short gap (rather than faffing around not sacking him).

Or, they're just faffing about.

Rasmus and Semmens should have been on the phone all night to agents and potential managers. No time for faffing about.

Sack him now and let Selles take charge. He couldn’t possibly, even if he tried, do worse then this clown.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Nathan Jones
  • AlexLaw76 changed the title to Nathan Jones - Sacked (Official)!