Saints Kits Season 2023/24

Master Bates

3 hours ago, Colinjb said:

Makes a degree of sense.

1989-91 Southampton Away Shirt *Mint* XL

One of my favourites that, worn on the great 89/90 season , one of the first I had as a kid 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JRM said:

One of my favourites that, worn on the great 89/90 season , one or the first I had as a kid 

Me too. Think the proper badge looks better. Having a contrasting badge in the primary colours works well. The monotone look is a bit dull. Prefer the chevrons on the new one though.

• Like 2

On 11/06/2023 at 21:11, Saint Garrett said:

So. Slightly different source to normal, so no idea how reliable but this is what I’ve been told.

Home kit is a spin on the half and half “Denmark” kit, sponsor is red unlike mock up below…🤔

Away kit is white with blue trim,

3rd kit is black with yellow trim.

apparently out week on Monday…no idea if it’s true or not so take it with a pinch of salt. Along the lines of the below…

image.thumb.png.03fa5c550c8e50a9fafb0a2d3bebec74.png

image.thumb.png.cdd8d9be0207be0fef64497685acf47d.png
image.thumb.png.73a19611d5462959dd58404bcd2b8e1b.png

So this was pretty accurate then. 👌

• Like 7

On 07/07/2023 at 18:44, Sfcphilc said:

Screenshot_20230707_184325_com.facebook.katana_edit_252691570475504.jpg

Was hoping for a yellow and blue version of the home kit after someone’s leaked info in here.

BUT it’s a vast improvement on the horrendous abortions they served up last season, so thankful for that, as it looks quite tidy. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wsaint said:

Keep seeing (mainly prem it seems) clubs new kit without sponsors on, not sure if they're actually selling them like that but can hope it catches on. 

the main reason Chelsea's Kit doesn't have a sponsor, is that Chelsea don't have a Sponsor.

• Like 1

Absolutely loving the away kit. The detail of the sublimated 'Waves' on the kit really looks good.

It's clear the theme for the kits has been the incorporation of the elements of the club badge. 

Rose for the Home shirt

Waves for the away

Trees/Forest/Oak for the Third shirt

For all the criticism of Hummel (and there is certainly some foundation to that) I don't think you would be able to do this sort of stuff with Nike or Adidas. The sizing is a bit off (probably go up a size to be comfortable) but I do like that they and the club are trying to be interesting. Clearly some will simply want Red and White stripes a la 1976 for all eternity - and that's fine - but I do enjoy a bit of variety

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nolan said:

the main reason Chelsea's Kit doesn't have a sponsor, is that Chelsea don't have a Sponsor.

Adidas apparently are also releasing sponserless third kits for sale of "elite" clubs, so hopefully it can become a thing.

40 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Absolutely loving the away kit. The detail of the sublimated 'Waves' on the kit really looks good.

It's clear the theme for the kits has been the incorporation of the elements of the club badge. 

Rose for the Home shirt

Waves for the away

For all the criticism of Hummel (and there is certainly some foundation to that) I don't think you would be able to do this sort of stuff with Nike or Adidas. The sizing is a bit off (probably go up a size to be comfortable) but I do like that they and the club are trying to be interesting. Clearly some will simply want Red and White stripes a la 1976 for all eternity - and that's fine - but I do enjoy a bit of variety

Also Halo on the 3rd kit, hence the "gold" trim.

42 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Rose for the Home shirt

Waves for the away

How many sizes to go up to get it over my hoodie in the winter?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How many sizes to go up to get it over my hoodie in the winter?

Haha - as someone who is guilty of this 'trend' myself, I console myself by the fact I don't have player names on the back of the shirts anymore...

But to answer your question, I am going XL

Silly question but is there any confirmation it’s purchasable in the stadium store yet?

I want to dip down there today, but don’t want to make the journey if it’s just an online only thing at the moment…

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Looks like a training shirt and lacks quality.  

How long is the hummel deal ? 

They started with a non full stripe shirt and managed to make two kits worse than the originals !

Think there’s another year after this. The new home kit is an absolute work of art but the away and third kits are nothing to write home about. 

At least they got the home kit so wonderfully right which is the most important. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Found it now, looks gash…

6F3F737C-C802-4C7B-8AD1-7CD2BA8ECBE5.jpeg

No fan of sponsors on the shirts, but its exactly what that shirt needs, a contrasting colour. The kit as a whole is crying out for a proper full colour Saints badge to break up the monotone colouring, which becomes a little boring/plain. 

Should have gone with white shorts/socks too.

Edited by Chez