Everton 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

16 minutes ago, sfc4prem said:

Che can hold up our direct play a bit better against their 5 at the back.

Our direct play is awful. The tactics we employed against City would have been no less effective against Everton. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Everton - Match Thread
5 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

I really hope Jones knows what he's doing. How the hell do Adams and Elynoussi come back in. Cannot see anything but a tepid performance and defeat. Obviously Jones has never heard the maxim, Never change a winning team.

He may be following the maxim, rest a tired player. I dunno if that's his thinking, but it may well be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

Obviously Jones has never heard the maxim, Never change a winning team.

Nor has every other manager in the premier league. Perhaps you should tell Erik ten Hag you’re valuable insight into managing at the top level, they may have won 5-1 today if they kept the same 11 that won midweek. 

This sort of pony is exactly why Jonesy has every right to snap back at you twats. Every single manager rests players, changes sides between cups and the league. Fucking bunch of jokers on here. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DT said:

The tactics we employed against City would have been no less effective against Everton. 

I tend to agree, as I think pressing shit teams works. They don't keep the ball well and are less likely to beat the press. Let's see. COYR.

12 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Nor has every other manager in the premier league. Perhaps you should tell Erik ten Hag you’re valuable insight into managing at the top level, they may have won 5-1 today if they kept the same 11 that won midweek. 

This sort of pony is exactly why Jonesy has every right to snap back at you twats. Every single manager rests players, changes sides between cups and the league. Fucking bunch of jokers on here. 

Agreed

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

That pitch looks as bad as ours.

Why is our pitch bad at the moment? It’s had the entire World Cup break for it to recover from any wear and tear, it’s not especially awkward in terms of sunlight access or anything like that, and it was always in the past highly praised for what an excellent surface it usually presents.

Edited by adrian lord

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic