Everton 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

Sorry can't see us getting anything here. Should pan out exactly as Turks has suggested. Maybe with added misery of a sending off.

That's the spirit! 😂

Would've liked to see Mara keep his place after scoring but happy with the team besides that. Looking forward to seeing Orsic and Alcarez off the bench.

1 minute ago, DT said:

Che and Edozie up front. Not sure about that. Why reward Mara after that goal by dropping him? No Adam Armstrong either. I don’t get it at all. 

I doubt Armstrong or Mara have 90 minutes in them after Wednesday. May be a good decision by Jones

• Like 3

Have to admit, I’m really disappointed with that line up. 

Che, who has been truly awful, straight back in after Mara was as lively as you could ask… that’s harsh and brave.

Elyou, who the managers seem to love FFS, back in for Adarma who had his best game for us and scored here last year. 

two changes I think didn’t need to be made but happy to be proved wrong. Monumental day for us and these players haven’t been doing the job, so I’d have liked to have seen the lads who done so well on Wednesday rewarded.

Che especially needs to start bucking his ideas up, for me. No more excuses for sloppy finishing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macca155 said:

I doubt Armstrong or Mara have 90 minutes in them after Wednesday. May be a good decision by Jones

I'm slightly concerned about Lyanco and JWP being able to do the same. Lyanco looked knackered after City and JWP put in a serious shift.

Edited by Chez

Wouldn't have dropped Mara myself, but I'm not the manager and I haven't seen them in training this week. I'm sure he will get some minutes though.

Happy with the Lavia, JWP and Diallo midfield 3 again. Makes us much stronger as a unit and much less easy to play through. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Have to admit, I’m really disappointed with that line up. 

Che, who has been truly awful, straight back in after Mara was as lively as you could ask… that’s harsh and brave.

Elyou, who the managers seem to love FFS, back in for Adarma who had his best game for us and scored here last year. 

two changes I think didn’t need to be made but happy to be proved wrong. Monumental day for us and these players haven’t been doing the job, so I’d have liked to have seen the lads who done so well on Wednesday rewarded.

Che especially needs to start bucking his ideas up, for me. No more excuses for sloppy finishing. 

Che has been woeful all season

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Yes. Because he played well, with energy. Che is appalling and shouldn’t be ahead of him at the moment. 

Yes and his energy probably hasn't stocked up yet. But yes, Che in there instead is ridiculous. Aribo played there for Rangers a few times, if you're going to have a choice between two lazy players (Aribo and Adams) you may as well go for the one who hasn't played as much just to see if he can add anything.

Just now, saintscottofthenortham said:

If we lose this, NJ has set himself up for a huge amount of criticism.

Play a winning side. Consistency and confidence. This looks like silly too clever by half tinkering. 

4 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

why? your asking for wednesdays team, they only played three days ago, everton haven’t played for ages. you need to use the whole squad, which is why lavia is playing today as he was taken off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

Me neither, not convinced that line up will press and harry like the team against City did. We’ll see.

They also need to get the press right, with players positioned correctly, which we did against City.

Setting the tone will be so important, especially today. What Adam Armstrong gives us is constant harrying. What Che gives us is lazy lolloping, no tracking, lots of offsides and poor finishing. It’s a terrible selection blunder. 

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Setting the tone will be so important, especially today. What Adam Armstrong gives us is constant harrying. What Che gives us is lazy lolloping, no tracking, lots of offsides and poor finishing. It’s a terrible selection blunder. 

not a Che fan then?

5 minutes ago, DT said:

Che can hold up our direct play a bit better against their 5 at the back.

21 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

It's Everton away at Goodison, we could have the Brazil team of 1970 and still lose 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic