Everton 1-2 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Couple of good moments there, I like the positions JWP is picking up just in and around the D.

Salisu straight at the GK though from the corner, should be working him harder.

Yep. JWP offers so much more when he can play a bit higher up. Salisu should have buried that. 

Feel a bit for Djenepo. The guy gives it everything he's got. Apart from JWP, there can't be many more players in our team that work as hard. Sure, he's not very good. But neither are our other number 10s. So at least give it to the guy who is gonna leave it all out there. Instead he gets crumbs, gets asked to play positions like left wing back which I doubt he ever thought he would play in his career, and then gets dropped for fucking moi

1 minute ago, Colinjb said:

Changing the team that beat Man City..... Why change something that had clicked?

There could be so many reasons. Everton play a completely different way to Man City for a start, so thats probably one reason.
And we never know as fans what the physical condition of the players is. We've all moaned for the last few months that Stu Armstrong hasnt been starting, and we've only just forund out he's been carrying a knock for a long time. I'm pretty sure Jones is aware that the team and system worked really well midweek against City, and hasn't just decided to piss around for sh*ts and giggles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Lazy front 3 today against a workman like front 3 against City is only difference.

Everton are defo hoofball, we have tried a little bit to play 

It’s not lazy. Moi is playing RW to double up and help Lyanco. 

Edozie and Adams aren’t lazy. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Elyonoussi makes it playing with 10 at times 

He's giving protection to Lyanco. I'm not sure what he's done wrong. Had our best effort, and been fed mostly shitty long balls over his head. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 1-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic