Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

Midfield_General

Mmmm, looks like 5 at the back and another who picks Bednarek, Elyounoussi and Maitland-Niles. We'll see but my confidence has been dented already. Reuben is taking a big chance with those picks and, if it backfires, fans will be on his back. Hope he knows what he's doing but I'm not impressed and we have better players on the bench. Early positivity is draining away.

• Like 7

Selles hasn't learned much has he. Bednarek of OG fame last match in and Alcarazz the golacorer out. DCC and Orsic nowhere to be seen. Baffling.

Given the situation, I'd have tried something different in the hope of getting a different performance/result. Nothing to lose now.

I think people need to calm down. Selles said to ‘draw no conclusions’ about the medium and longer terms from his selection today as he hasn’t had time to implement the changes he wants in just a week. Bednarek and Moi would be nowhere near my team today….but I’m parking that and seeing what happens this afternoon first. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

20230218_140008.jpg

Oh oh... #bednarkek #sellesout

Wasn't expecting anything, in a game where we aren't expecting anything - and yet still there's a sense of disappointment.

Half of these guys must be amazing in training - because they sure as shit aren't showing anything in matches.

If Selles gets a result with that casserole of nonsense, he really will be a magician.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Am guessing it's the players in defence and midfield that understand the press the best

So what the hell is that super gegenpresser!!!  Elyonoussi doing there. Can't tackle, shoot, press, doesn't score goals or work hard enough. As for Bednarek.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Archers Road Stand said:

And people are actually alright with Selles Wigley being given the gig full time? 🤣

Actually I think the majority said they were impressed with his press conference but waiting to see his line-up, formation and team performance. We've seen the line-up and it's fair to say most of us wouldn't have picked Bednarek, Maitland-Niles or Moi so a little disappointed. Let's see how the formation and performance pans out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I’m not sure if I can raise my motivation levels to actually watch the game. I was quite looking forward to it until I saw that lineup. Now I’m just hoping we don’t get embarrassed.

to be fair, whatever the lineup, we were just going to be hoping we didn't get embarrassed. Chelsea are on a completely different level to us. If things click they might get a cricket score.

9 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

I think people need to calm down. Selles said to ‘draw no conclusions’ about the medium and longer terms from his selection today as he hasn’t had time to implement the changes he wants in just a week. Bednarek and Moi would be nowhere near my team today….but I’m parking that and seeing what happens this afternoon first. 

I think anyone who has watched us play would be well aware that Benarek, Maitland-Niles and Moi are not the answers unless the question is, 'who shouldn't start against Chelsea?'

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic