Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread

Midfield_General

I just saw the lineup, rushed over here to join in the panic.

Stuart Armstrong as rightback 😂

Elyounoussi straight back in.

Janny B.

Just relegate us now. If Shakespeare was writing this, it started as a tragedy and it's officially become a comedy now 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sydney_saint said:

We don't like goal scorers at our club. It's a red line we will not cross. Like Perraud scoring a brace and getting dropped. Same for Djenepo when he scored. How else do you think Moi stays in the side? Say no to goalscorers. 

Is this an extension of Sports Republics mantra of liking people who fail? Players that haven't scored are hungrier to get goals, those who score are complacent.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

I just saw the lineup, rushed over here to join in the panic.

Stuart Armstrong as rightback 😂

Elyounoussi straight back in.

Janny B.

Just relegate us now. If Shakespeare was writing this, it started as a tragedy and it's officially become a comedy now 

It's what makes Saturdays great.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Greenridge said:

This is the 3rd manager in a row who has determined that Moi should be in the 1st 11……..🤷‍♂️

That's because he's a better player than people appreciate. Don't get me wrong, I'd have Alcaraz ahead of him, but he's better than people say. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, egg said:

You miss the point. He gets cut slack as he's a kid, but that doesn't make him good enough. If giving away possession, never getting his head up, never spotting the runner, rarely understanding what's going on around him, etc, is offering a lot more, then yep, Edozie offers more. Personally I think he's miles away from PL ready. 

hard to argue with that. I like that the will go for it and take a risk, but he see gaps that really just aren't there and ends up losing it. He's got something, but not enough right now.

DCC Bizarre situation, something must have happened.
Orsic: not too bothered ... haven't seen enough of him (which is also bizarre)
SE: young gun that's been thrown in the deep end... I'm sure he needs a rest 

Looks like a 4-2-2-2 to me - assume Selles wants something the team is familiar with.

Baz : I'd put Willy but OK
AMN : guess right back, had a good match last week
Bednarek / ABK : hopefully it gels and they finally get a clean sheet
Perraud, JWP, Lavia : obvious
Moj and Stu : they owe us both a great end to the season, here's their chance.
Noobs: had to be

Would love a draw any other time time but we need points so might as well just go for it.
COYR

Edited by ButtikonSaint

15 minutes ago, egg said:

DCC isn't fancied for some reason... something not right there. Assuming he's out of the picture, with an injured Salisu, I'd take Bednarek over Lyanco all day long. Armstrong will play in a front 3 imo so not a role for Alcaraz. I'd have Alcaraz over Ely though. Edozie is massively overrated and won't be missed - if he's been dropped, it's long overdue. Orsic, if it's a front 3, has no place. Willy ahead of Bazunu, yep.

Most realistic post of the day 

Just now, Chez said:

hard to argue with that. I like that the will go for it and take a risk, but he see gaps that really just aren't there and ends up losing it. He's got something, but not enough right now.

Yep. We need to keep hold of the ball more. Edozie doesn't allow us to do that. Ditto Alcaraz. He's picked the team most capable of doing that imo. 

2 minutes ago, ButtikonSaint said:

DCC Bizarre situation, something must have happened.
Orsic: not too bothered ... haven't seen enough of him (which is also bizarre)
SE: young gun that's been thrown in the deep end... I'm sure he needs a rest 

Looks like a 4-2-2-2 to me - assume Selles wants something the team is familiar with.

Baz : I'd put Willy but OK
AMN : guess right back, had a good match last week
Bednarek / ABK : hopefully it gels and they finally get a clean sheet
Perraud, JWP, Lavia : obvious
Moj and Stu : they owe us both a great end to the season, here's their chance.
Noobs: had to be

Would love a draw any other time time but we need points so might as well just go for it.
COYR

Obvious that he's bang average and basically just the new Danny Fox?

12 minutes ago, saintant said:

I'm guessing maybe the DCC bust up was much worse than we thought and Orsic is backing his fellow countryman.

We spent 15m plus on them two, and were writing off assets like that. They must have done something hideous. 

you’d think they’d have drawn a line under it all once Jones is gone. Apparently not.

Utterly ridiculous selection. 

• Like 6

Just now, Crab Lungs said:

We spent 15m plus on them two, and were writing off assets like that. They must have done something hideous. 

you’d think they’d have drawn a line under it all once Jones is gone. Apparently not.

Utterly ridiculous selection. 

The owner is Serbian, may have burnt his national flag 😃

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Has bednarek got some blackmail material on the club. Pathetic that after last week where he walked the ball into his own net he still manages to make the team.

I'll never get that. 

I feel I can actually say this,  without exaggeration but I could have cleared that attempt that Shitnarek put in our net. I'm 50 and play as a forward in a shitty over 35s league on cabbage patch pitches.

To be fair i can sort of understand Moi, i'm not a fan but he did play an important defensive role last time we played chelsea. Equally can sort of get AMN if KWP isn't ready to start. It's the garbage Bednarek selection i can't fathom at all. With Bednarek playing that's a minimum 2 goals conceded if form holds true.

Edited by Baird of the land
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Whether you think that Edozie is overrated or not, I'd rather him start a game over Elyounoussi and I'd rather him come on when we're chasing the game instead of fucking Walcott.

We simply will not win Premier League games with Bazunu, Bednarek and Maitland-Niles making up 3 of our back 5.

Who thinks Edozie is overrated? He's clearly got immense talent, it's just that his decision making and final ball is a bit off because of his age! 

10 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Has bednarek got some blackmail material on the club. Pathetic that after last week where he walked the ball into his own net he still manages to make the team.

So you'd have Lyanco instead? The mind boggles. 

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Maybe he's a robot prototype that SR are testing. This isn't about winning for them, m they just want to see what their robot can do.

SFC where AI stands for Absolute Incompetence.

Incomprehensible what we have spent in two windows and ended up with todays starting XI

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic