Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

32 minutes ago, Chez said:

Martin seemed a bit annoyed at the leaks. I wonder if they have pinned down where they were coming from?

It wont be the CoT as we've  been criticised for not sharing our information on the open forum despite some people being very angry about it. Loose lips sink ships is our motto. 👼

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

There are 6 posts on the last 3 pages that are similar on the risk of bringing in Stewart instead of Adams. All variations on a theme and all extremely dull. Why don't you tell us again about how you think we've missed out by not signing Piroe 😴

So the answer is that all the posts were different. Kindly skip any posts from me if they aren't for you. I certainly won't miss any of your replies. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

All reports on Everton’s Beto deal is that they’ve paid zero up front, won’t pay anything until the next financial year. Probably might struggle to even get a loan fee out of them. So they’re not exactly the most appealing club to sell/loan to.

I don't want to create another argument about how much cash we have in our bank at this moment after the previous sales, but could we be in a position to accept a similar offer? 

5 minutes ago, Dig Dig said:

Seems unlikely- would they actually be able to structure the deal in an agreeable way even if overall valuation is met? 

I think it's 60/40 in favour of Sulemana being here at the close of the window. He's valued too highly relative to what he has done. But he does have pace and attributes that prem teams would want. 

Looks like they're looking down the loan route. If he isn't interested in playing for us in the Championship then we may as well get his wages off the books for the season.

Loaning him to a team as horrible as Everton would do nothing promising for his value though, so it really makes no sense to me on top of already losing Tella. Would be a horror move.

Harwood-Bellis on loan though is still my absolute dream, if we can’t afford for whatever reason.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Looks like they're looking down the loan route. If he isn't interested in playing for us in the Championship then we may as well get his wages off the books for the season.

Absolutely incredible what passes for journalism these days. Where do you even start with that piece?!

Edited by InvictaSaint
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

I don't want to create another argument about how much cash we have in our bank at this moment after the previous sales, but could we be in a position to accept a similar offer? 

It’s possible I guess. And depends just how keen the club are to get rid of him. I’d say, the flip side of that is that if the deal on offer is not good enough from a financial point of view, is there enough money in the club to take the hit and keep hold of him, at least until January?

I think he’ll be off, sounds like neither side are busting a gut for him to stay. Just that Everton don’t necessarily sit in a financial position of strength, we may need another club or two to emerge if a decent resolution is to be had.

1 minute ago, CSA96 said:

Kamaldeen asks out, Saints refusing to accept less than £30m release clause.

https://x.com/j_tanswell/status/1696851136404238662?s=46&t=f0hgNyKSvvOD5qjGLJhsXQ

I so hope we keep to that fee. I dont understand him wanting to go to Everton. They are unforgiving and wont putup with him not hitting the floor running. Staying here he can cut his teeth in English football and then hopefully play PL football with US

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mitch01 said:

Not sure why it would be a loan for Harwood-Bellis. Isn't his contract up next summer?

It is, but there’s previously been reports that City could let him go on loan as part of an agreement to extend his contract with them by another year, so they’d still retain him next season.

• Like 1

Just now, Fabrice29 said:

I will never not find it baffling that quite a lot of people actually believe this guy is unsellable and key to our season. 3 good games? 

Don't worry, I feel the same about Adams. He's scored 2 from a combined 3 yards out, and last season the whole forum wanted him gone. Now he's the second coming of Pele. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

I will never not find it baffling that quite a lot of people actually believe this guy is unsellable and key to our season. 3 good games? 

I must’ve missed the other two 

10 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

What's a realistic loan fee for a £20-30m player? It doesn't seem right for them to get him for nothing and just pay his wages. If Leeds are paying £1m loan fee for Spence (assuming that's accurate), you'd think something a fair bit bigger than that wouldn't be out the question. 

With all the talk of amortisation on here, maybe the loan fee requested ought to match that? 

4 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Don't worry, I feel the same about Adams. He's scored 2 from a combined 3 yards out, and last season the whole forum wanted him gone. Now he's the second coming of Pele. 

Yep. They’ve dragged us down to a level where people think they are key. Genius. 

1 minute ago, Fabrice29 said:

First game he played I think he played well. It was under Jones and at home. Can’t remember the opponent though. I gave him a buffer of one.

Wolves probably, he was great in that game.

He showed enough glimpses for me to think he'll shine in a worse league, and it'd be another slight blow to sell him this late.

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

It’s possible I guess. And depends just how keen the club are to get rid of him. I’d say, the flip side of that is that if the deal on offer is not good enough from a financial point of view, is there enough money in the club to take the hit and keep hold of him, at least until January?

I think he’ll be off, sounds like neither side are busting a gut for him to stay. Just that Everton don’t necessarily sit in a financial position of strength, we may need another club or two to emerge if a decent resolution is to be had.

Clearly he thinks he is better than he is or there would be a queue of clubs waiting to sign him. He needs to stay, get his head down, work hard and show he's a good player first - it's a chicken and egg situation but he seems to think he's sought after at a higher level which is not the case because he hasn't done anything yet

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

https://x.com/j_tanswell/status/1696851136404238662?s=46&t=f0hgNyKSvvOD5qjGLJhsXQ

I think this is why he was away from the club getting `external medical treatment' (cough... gone awol) as he believes we want too much money for him (it's more than we paid to be fair) preventing him from  making a move to another top flight side.

The club seem happy to hold their ground at the moment, but usually these things come to a head and the player departs, somehow.  

5 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

First game he played I think he played well. It was under Jones and at home. Can’t remember the opponent though. I gave him a buffer of one.

Wolves . He did ok but his contribution was overlooked because of the fall out afterwards. Tall Paul actually looked ok first half as well. 

Im with you though, he’s flattered to deceive ever since apart  from a game that didn’t matter. Now he wants out, he can fuck off as far as I’m concerned. Wanker

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I so hope we keep to that fee. I dont understand him wanting to go to Everton. They are unforgiving and wont putup with him not hitting the floor running. Staying here he can cut his teeth in English football and then hopefully play PL football with US

Booooooooo-lemana 

The headlines write themselves 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

What a cock, I was told he'd refused to train when he was "away for medical treatment" so assuming thats true. 

He knew the situation when he signed in January. I have no time for players that act like this.

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Everton were keen on him before. Not sure there are many other suitors with the financial muscle (ie prem sides) to spend £30m on him. That's a lot for player with a small highlight reel. He is a talent though. 

7 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

At this level he's a very good player and I think will score goals. Not good enough for the Prem as a regular goalscorer though. He's scored 3 this season from 1 start and 2 appearances as a second half sub - doesn't matter whether he scores from 3 yards or 50 yards....a goal is a goal.

Just now, saintant said:

At this level he's a very good player and I think will score goals. Not good enough for the Prem as a regular goalscorer though. He's scored 3 this season from 1 start and 2 appearances as a second half sub - doesn't matter whether he scores from 3 yards or 50 yards....a goal is a goal.

Well, I think the point is it does - if all his goals are from 1 yard out I would say that skillet is easier to replace. If he scored 30 goals from 30 yards plus this season, I'm not sure you could replace that. 

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Clearly he thinks he is better than he is or there would be a queue of clubs waiting to sign him. He needs to stay, get his head down, work hard and show he's a good player first - it's a chicken and egg situation but he seems to think he's sought after at a higher level which is not the case because he hasn't done anything yet

On the flip side, he was the record transfer just last January for a mid size PL club and he can argue that the previous managers barely gave him a chance to settle in. £30M fee seems very high to me considering he’s barely done fuck all save for a good game against a Liverpool side who had pretty much downed tools. But he was scouted by us for a reason, and he’s got a tiny bit of pedigree to show in the PL. Not surprised he’s looking for a way out tbf to him. Not surprised to see there’s lot of interest from Ligue 1 for him. Def think he’ll be gone but reckon a loan as the transfer fee will be too high for who is in for him.

27 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

There are 6 posts on the last 3 pages that are similar on the risk of bringing in Stewart instead of Adams. All variations on a theme and all extremely dull. Why don't you tell us again about how you think we've missed out by not signing Piroe 😴

I am glad that you noticed this too. I had been thinking about making the same point but I decided against it as I didn’t want him stalking me again. He has been sending multiple posts for it seems like forever and all pretty much on the same theme. It does border on the hysterical. Christ, how many times do you have to repeat the same mantra? You have made your point Hyperbole, now why not relax for a bit until the window finally slams shut and then you can start up again posting every two minutes that you told us so.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

What a cock, I was told he'd refused to train when he was "away for medical treatment" so assuming thats true. 

He knew the situation when he signed in January. I have no time for players that act like this.

It's standard practice these days I think. Players who want a move, see what they think is a reasonable offer made for them declined, then force the issue by not turning up for training. Managers tend to keep these things quiet, as they don't want the world knowing they have a very disgruntled player, so they say they are `ill' or `injured'...`away getting medical treatment'. The player can only hide away for so long before they are fined by the club though, so if nothing happens they will return and stink the place out. 

This is why I have totally discarded Sulemena as a player for us this season, or any season in fact. We don't want a loan. We don't want him back here I suspect, even if we did get promoted. Getting a transfer deal done with Everton looks tough though if they have no money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Well, I think the point is it does - if all his goals are from 1 yard out I would say that skillet is easier to replace. If he scored 30 goals from 30 yards plus this season, I'm not sure you could replace that. 

Depends how many goals he scores from 1 yard out but we both know,in reality, he is likely to score all kinds of goals. You believe he won't score enough whereas I think he will. Probably all irrelevant as he's likely to go this window so we'll agree to disagree on Che's ability at this level.

1 minute ago, northam soul said:

RM press conference in 20 minutes so we may learn something new.

Or maybe not.

Doubt much will be revealed. He will want to avoid talking about transfers if he can and focus on the game ahead.  

• Like 1