Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 hour ago, Dman said:

I'd be interested to see if Leeds lose Gnonto & Sinisterra. 

Like with Sulemana, Gnonto has a very long contract (until 2027), so like us with Sulemana, a very large price tag has been put on him, something like £50m was mentioned (£30m for Sulemana). Both seemed very unhappy, as the price tag prevents them moving. Both went on strike. Neither has gone yet. Gnonto has come back into the fold, Not sure if Sulemena has or not.

The difference with Tella is that we were at that two year sweet spot, where the transfer fee is likely to be as high as it gets (if we were in the Prem and he performed then it could have possibly gone up, but we are not). If we were unable to get him to sign a new deal, which we obviously weren't, then (as a football business) you need to consider selling.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

If he and his agent agreed to a £30m release clause (should that be accurate and actually exist), then he can have no complaints should we not have accepted any lower bid that might have come in for him. I'm not sure that clause exists.

What exactly does it mean when a player hands in a transfer request? What actually changes? Is it just that the player puts it on record that he wants to leave (so what I think we know that already), does he waiver the right to any loyalty bonus or does it actually force us to do anything other than deny it? In other word, what's the point of requesting a transfer?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Kamaldeen asks out, Saints refusing to accept less than £30m release clause.

https://x.com/j_tanswell/status/1696851136404238662?s=46&t=f0hgNyKSvvOD5qjGLJhsXQ

This is what drives me up the wall about the modern footballer and their inflated sense of entitlement. He is 8 months into a contract with us, with at least 3 1/2 years left on it, we are paying his damn wages (earning more in a week than I do in a year), and he's barely kicked a ball! Relegation should not have come as a surprise, given that he joined us when we were rock bottom of the EPL, so why doesn't get his head down, play some football and earn a move out of the club? 

We'd all love to see what he can do playing in the Championship, and was, along with Tella, one of those I was really looking forward to seeing what they could do for the team this season.

We should 100% stick to our guns and refuse any deal below the release clause fee - after all , Kamaldeen signed the contract which included that figure.

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

What a cock, I was told he'd refused to train when he was "away for medical treatment" so assuming thats true. 

He knew the situation when he signed in January. I have no time for players that act like this.

Yep. We were in 20th place when he agreed to the transfer in the winter, we were in 20th place at the end of season. He had zero impact.

and now he want to leave for greener pastures after he was unable to contribute at all in avoiding relegation? Gee, thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fozzybear said:

This is what drives me up the wall about the modern footballer and their inflated sense of entitlement. He is 8 months into a contract with us, with at least 3 1/2 years left on it, we are paying his damn wages (earning more in a week than I do in a year), and he's barely kicked a ball! Relegation should not have come as a surprise, given that he joined us when we were rock bottom of the EPL, so why doesn't get his head down, play some football and earn a move out of the club? 

We'd all love to see what he can do playing in the Championship, and was, along with Tella, one of those I was really looking forward to seeing what they could do for the team this season.

We should 100% stick to our guns and refuse any deal below the release clause fee - after all , Kamaldeen signed the contract which included that figure.

Absolutely no sense of shame or sense of responsibility for the club being in a relatively dire situation and as you point out, earning more in a week than most people earn in a year. Sickening really. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

If he and his agent agreed to a £30m release clause (should that be accurate and actually exist), then he can have no complaints should we not have accepted any lower bid that might have come in for him. I'm not sure that clause exists.

What exactly does it mean when a player hands in a transfer request? What actually changes? Is it just that the player puts it on record that he wants to leave (so what I think we know that already), does he waiver the right to any loyalty bonus or does it actually force us to do anything other than deny it? In other word, what's the point of requesting a transfer?

Putting in a transfer request often means they are willing to forgive their ‘loyalty bonus’

Joke, really.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Would be very surprised if Stu doesn't start this weekend.

You think? I’d suggest he’s 4th/5th choice and that Downes, Smallbone & Alcaraz are the preferred 3. Charles rotating in for Downes/at CB and Stu rotating in for Smallbone/Alcaraz.

However, could easily be a case that Smallbone isn’t risked immediately you’re right.

8 minutes ago, Fozzybear said:

Gnonto did the same at Leeds then had to come back with his tail between his legs

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

It wont be the CoT as we've  been criticised for not sharing our information on the open forum despite some people being very angry about it. Loose lips sink ships is our motto. 👼

oh my I laughed so hard on that one. Comedy these days 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely no sense of shame or sense of responsibility for the club being in a relatively dire situation and as you point out, earning more in a week than most people earn in a year. Sickening really. 

Him and Tall Paul are money pissed away, one can only hope this is a lesson we don’t repeat. Couldn’t be bothered if both leave, we’ve had to say goodbye to some great players and these aren’t in that group.

• Like 4

I'm not for the lip service of players training away from the group because 'they don't buy into the project'. Sully is a sizeable asset to the club, but more importantly an essential player that offers us a quality we don't have. 

The whispers of the last 5 days have been really concerning if they're true, the club need to put their foot down and take control of the situation more predominately. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Monk said:

I'm not for the lip service of players training away from the group because 'they don't buy into the project'. Sully is a sizeable asset to the club, but more importantly an essential player that offers us a quality we don't have. 

The whispers of the last 5 days have been really concerning if they're true, the club need to put their foot down and take control of the situation more predominately. 

I think he's done the right thing, if players are wanting moves away or kicking up a fuss then focus on the players that want to be here and going to play. Clearly if moves dont happen then they'll have to both reassess their stances and probably be reintroduced to the group but for now if they aren't going to be here by saturday morning it makes sense to keep them apart, especially as we have a big squad.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Baz Fl said:

Him and Tall Paul are money pissed away, one can only hope this is a lesson we don’t repeat. Couldn’t be bothered if both leave, we’ve had to say goodbye to some great players and these aren’t in that group.

I think we're all hoping it was a one-off, caused by the fact that Shields jumped ship in the autumn and we had no head of recruitment in place for the January window, meaning Ankersen was forced to take charge of it. Thankfully, it seems with Wilcox here now we can be confident we won't have a repeat of such a disastrous window.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Fozzybear said:

There is literally no difference between his situation and players like lavia and jwp. They wanted out, we had a valuation, it was met, they were sold. He can state he wants to leave to the club (it's fair enough and he is certainly in the majority let's be honest), there is no need for fans to get upset over it unless he goes on strike / causes issues. If he adopts a mindset of playing for a move it may even benefit us in the league 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Saint86

10 minutes ago, Baz Fl said:

How is sulemana 'money pissed away'? We'll be able to sell him for at least close to what we paid, and might well make a tidy profit. It's money pissed away if the club do something stupid and let him go cheap, but he's a class player, has a long contract, and has plenty of clubs interested. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monk said:

You want them to treat him like a valuable asset and essential player, so supposedly with kid gloves in order not to totally destroy any relationship left between player and club, but at the same time you want them to put their foot down? Which is it? I'm not entirely sure what you want the club to do here or handle this situation. Maybe you can expand for clarity?

I've been saying for weeks that the home treatment thing was complete and utter bollocks and he had in fact gone awol/on strike as he was miffed at the club preventing him moving to the French clubs earlier in the window. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Seems Palace are pushing for Iheanacho, could this mean Che stays now or are Bournemouth still a threat to come in late?

said earlier that I thought that was a better fit for Palace. They already have big strong target men. What they are after is more goals from that central guy. Not sure Adams offers then that.

Bournemouth seem like a decent option if they have lost faith with Moore. I am surprised Sheffield United haven't bid, but maybe he's turned them down.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I think he's done the right thing, if players are wanting moves away or kicking up a fuss then focus on the players that want to be here and going to play. Clearly if moves dont happen then they'll have to both reassess their stances and probably be reintroduced to the group but for now if they aren't going to be here by saturday morning it makes sense to keep them apart, especially as we have a big squad.

If they are not going to be part of the match day squad, maybe not much point in them working on the things relevant to the game ahead. So makes sense for them to be kept apart - assuming they are being moody and not training properly. If they are training perfectly well, then not sure making them work separately is a great idea. If they are being professional, return that favour.

Strange that Sulemana and ABK seemed to be in the training photos - you'd think they were part of that small group. So, maybe that small group was just Onuachu? Things move fast of course, so maybe it was training today rather than Monday he was talking about and the group had expanded.

19 minutes ago, Monk said:

I haven't heard ay whispers as I'm not in the circle of trust, can you enlighten the afflicted. I feel so shunned Iam walking around ringing a bell calling out 'unclean'

I might have to go on Good Morning Britain and tell the nation how I feel so downtrodden by this experience

• Haha 3

Does anyone blame Sulamana for wanting out / handing in a transfer request? 

We've sold everything that has not been nailed down, given his reputation and fee we paid for him, he probably see's himself as a top flight player, thought that he would be and backside is starting to twitch now its so late in the window with limited interest in him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

my sources tell me we have had a bid rejected for mr Stewart and are going back. Sunderland will want to sign a replacement before they sell

you're sources are a day late Turks, that was yesterday.

Edited by OldNick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Luke SkyWalker-Peters said:

Anyone saying we are at risk under FFP is lying. You can lose over £100m over a 3 year period while in the Premier League, we likely exceeded that last season but have more than made up for it this year. In previous Gao years we were at worst losing around £10m per year.

We aren't in the premiership. So it will be two years of premiership rules and one year of Football league which leads to £88m maximum losses. Also worth noting that the maximum losses are based on secured funding from the owner. Without secured funding from the owner then the maximum is £15m, so if SR don't put any money in then the number is £15m rather than £100m you quoted.

1 minute ago, Scottie said:

We aren't in the premiership. So it will be two years of premiership rules and one year of Football league which leads to £88m maximum losses. Also worth noting that the maximum losses are based on secured funding from the owner. Without secured funding from the owner then the maximum is £15m, so if SR don't put any money in then the number is £15m rather than £100m you quoted.

I hate to go all MLG on you, but we've not been in the 'premiership' since 2001 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

We've sold everything that has not been nailed down, given his reputation and fee we paid for him, he probably see's himself as a top flight player, thought that he would be and backside is starting to twitch now its so late in the window with limited interest in him. 

I don't blame players for wanting to move to other, bigger clubs and for more money and prestige. It's their career after all and playing in the Championship doesn't really enhance it.  

1 minute ago, manji said:

Exciting Turkish source. Otherwise called nothing better to do than trawl the internet all day. 

Not still pretending to be ITK, are you? 

You know you had your application for the CoT rejected due to false information. 

15 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I haven't heard ay whispers as I'm not in the circle of trust, can you enlighten the afflicted. I feel so shunned Iam walking around ringing a bell calling out 'unclean'

I might have to go on Good Morning Britain and tell the nation how I feel so downtrodden by this experience

Monk is legit, not CoT.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Yes I recall Monk having some great snippets in the past. Its all a bit comical though, I doubt any of us have real info very close to deals. 

Martin himself said too much gets out of the club. Its why we only allow in the trusted. some things are too juicy to share publicly 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Chez said:

said earlier that I thought that was a better fit for Palace. They already have big strong target men. What they are after is more goals from that central guy. Not sure Adams offers then that.

Bournemouth seem like a decent option if they have lost faith with Moore. I am surprised Sheffield United haven't bid, but maybe he's turned them down.

We could do a lot worse than Kiefer Moore if Boscombe were up for a part-ex deal......

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dman said:

Don't blame him for wanting to leave, but correct me if I'm wrong, everyone who has left has still been part of the squad and playing even a bit part role in preseason/ start of the league.

If it's true he's kicked up a fuss and refusing to play then he can fuck off. You can still do your job and then get your move.

Just now, Wsaint said:

Your sources are on a bit of a delay 😂

as mentioned, the club are concerned about what gets into the public domain, which is why despite the criticism we have received we are adhering to the clubs guidelines by not saying too much until we can. Those sharper ones amongst you will have noticed on of our senior members posted last week where they said they hoped the next Stewart that joins us was a bigger success than the last, Stuart Ripley. A clear nod to the current transfer situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dman said:

Martin himself said too much gets out of the club. Its why we only allow in the trusted. some things are too juicy to share publicly 

totally agree, can't have people getting info. Seems to me you have a mole yourselves whose a Leeds fan, or they trawl the Sun and internet to be first to be in the know