Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

if I was him I'd do my best to get a move to a prem side, paying me a shit load more than I will be at Saints and giving me 38 Prem games in which to look the nuts and get a mega money move to Chelsea. 

But he's done nothing and hence has no interest other than from a desperate club like Everton. That should be a lesson to him. Do your talking on the pitch and you will attract offers. 

8 minutes ago, saintant said:

But he's done nothing and hence has no interest other than from a desperate club like Everton. That should be a lesson to him. Do your talking on the pitch and you will attract offers. 

A Prem side wants him. That's all that matters. From a career point of view you need to play at the top level. I don't blame him for wanting a move. 

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

A Prem side wants him. That's all that matters. From a career point of view you need to play at the top level. I don't blame him for wanting a move. 

My point is the only Prem side showing any interest in him is Everton who don't have a pot to piss in so doubt he'll be going there. He needs to knuckle down now, commit to our cause, work his proverbials off, make himself undroppable and his career and opportunities will blossom. Sulk, skive and have an entitled attitude and he will not achieve much in the game.  Time he hauled his big head out of his arse.

So it looks like we are after Stewart regardless of whether Che leaves or not. No real rumours of anyone else being interested in Che, The German clubs seem to be moving on from ABK and I'm not convinced anyone will pay £30m for Sulemena.

Obviously things can happen very fast but ATM it looks like we have a chance of keeping them all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

. You'd really be better off heeding the

..number of people who liked his post. You can post (within limits) what you like, and the rest of us can think what we like..

Anyway, that's my three for the day, although this last one is no doubt a waste of time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

If no one else left and Che is replaced by Stewart I’d be reasonably happy with the window.

Yep... although if Sully is sulky I'd prefer to bring in another winger / utility forward. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

......one of our senior members posted last week where they said they hoped the next Stewart that joins us was a bigger success than the last, Stuart Ripley. A clear nod to the current transfer situation.

Surely the last Stuart/Stewart to join us was Stuey Armstrong ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

So it looks like we are after Stewart regardless of whether Che leaves or not. No real rumours of anyone else being interested in Che, The German clubs seem to be moving on from ABK and I'm not convinced anyone will pay £30m for Sulemena.

Obviously things can happen very fast but ATM it looks like we have a chance of keeping them all.

Harry_SFC may have put his finger on it, our valuation of these players is probably far higher than other clubs want to pay. All of these players were part of the team that finished bottom of the PL last season so inevitably they will be seen as having some responsibility for that and therefore as damaged goods. So it is doubtful that any of them will be recruited this late in the window as first choice for their position by any PL club. If they were really wanted one can assume that their transfers would have gone through long ago.  

Interested clubs might take one or two of them as last minute panic buys as back-ups but that comes with a lower price ticket. If Saints dig in and stick to their own valuations then the transfers won't happen. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Do you know anything about him? Because I don't. 

Not really just videos and the fact we signed top scorer TP from this league already and he was dog sh*t. Judgement to be made as to if he can match the Tella role. 

On the deal front, does anyone know what the actual deal is? Straight swap or is there any money involved. 

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

Very surprised that nobody has had a nibble at THB for £15M.

Same here. 

If we're lucky enough to land him on loan then I hope there's something along the lines of a £15m option in there, because he could easily be a player who can make the jump to the Premier League after another good year at this level. Unfortunately, Alan Nixon rarely gets anything right.

Edited by Saint Matty 76
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Imagine if Adams left and all we brought in was Stewart.

28 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

If no one else left and Che is replaced by Stewart I’d be reasonably happy with the window.

From what I’ve read on here, he hasn’t played since January, and might not be available until October. All in all seems a gamble.

Has the hallmarks of being up there with the signings of Charlie George and Augustin Delgado. 

Perhaps it’ll be a return to the David Connolly days, potentially being our best striker bar none if he doesn’t spend time in the treatment room. 

1 minute ago, Badger said:

From what I’ve read on here, he hasn’t played since January, and might not be available until October. All in all seems a gamble.

Has the hallmarks of being up there with the signings of Charlie George and Augustin Delgado. 

Perhaps it’ll be a return to the David Connolly days, potentially being our best striker bar none if he doesn’t spend time in the treatment room. 

It is a gamble, but I’m taking the view that if he was fit and firing on all cylinders we wouldn’t be getting a sniff. Therefore a worthwhile gamble. Having said that I’d prefer to keep Che.