Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

5 minutes ago, Dman said:

He came on and absolutely changed the game. 

Pace, power looks like he can finish and is brilliant in the air. He'll do very well in the PL. 

We could take him off their hands next year once they go down then :D

15 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

Seems like a very similar saga to Quincy Promes.  He is now he isn't now he is......

That ended well.  Some Russian club and then fell foul of the law.  Did he even end up in prison?

I'm not even sure we're in for this Genk guy, probably just his agent using us and Leeds being the obvious candidates.  RM did say some rumours were well wide of the mark.

If we are it's just a route to get rid of Tall Paul.

He’s been convicted of stabbing a family member at a party a few years back, believe he’s been sentenced to 1,5 years in prison for that. At the time of the stabbing the police already suspected him of drug trafficking and that investigation is still ongoing.

As long as he doesn’t leave Russia he’s can move freely. Once he travels to another country he could be arrested and sent to the Netherlands.

FWIW

I don’t think Paintsil will happen .

I’m not so certain we have paid Genk all the Onuacho fee. Think of the implications vis the Paintsil proposed fee. 

It also seems they don’t want him back (maybe neither does he which would be understandable). 

MANY of the current squad players have the speed & skills to develop into a Nathan Tella and frankly most have already got more potential than he had 2-3 years ago when NT was knocking on the first team squad door.

Paintsil in to “replace NT” is a red herring for me. Get another goalscorer in - which is what NT was last year at Burnley - is what Russell really means. And what we really need  - Not necessarily yet another fast small tricky winger type attacker. Of which we are blessed with quite a few already…

That’s why I can see at least ONE recognisable goalscorer coming in (to replace NT) and TWO if Che leaves. And they don’t have to be called Paintsil. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Dman said:

I think so, yes. We need to sign someone else as well though. 

The way I see it, he shouldn't be the Che replacement, so if Che goes, we should bring in someone else as well. The Macedonian lad from Aberdeen probably my choice at this stage. 

If Che goes then yes and yes for the Aberdeen striker - my choice.

15 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

FWIW

I don’t think Paintsil will happen .

I’m not so certain we have paid Genk all the Onuacho fee. Think of the implications vis the Paintsil proposed fee. 

It also seems they don’t want him back (maybe neither does he which would be understandable). 

MANY of the current squad players have the speed & skills to develop into a Nathan Tella and frankly most have already got more potential than he had 2-3 years ago when NT was knocking on the first team squad door.

Paintsil in to “replace NT” is a red herring for me. Get another goalscorer in - which is what NT was last year at Burnley - is what Russell really means. And what we really need  - Not necessarily yet another fast small tricky winger type attacker. Of which we are blessed with quite a few already…

That’s why I can see at least ONE recognisable goalscorer coming in (to replace NT) and TWO if Che leaves. And they don’t have to be called Paintsil. 

Interesting take on it. So, if for example, we've paid half the Onuachu fee, and they want him back at half price, then they essentially want him back for free! They'd then want the fee for Paintsil, so not actually a swap at all. 

On the rest if it, like you, I'm not overly concerned by Tella leaving. 

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

They do want Onuachu back. Their Manager has said so. Also Onuachu does want to go back. Doesn't mean it will happen. 

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

They do want Onuachu back. Their Manager has said so. Also Onuachu does want to go back. Doesn't mean it will happen. 

I am sure there is something in there that we probably haven't paid them in full for him yet, as transfers are normally split into installments. Maybe giving him back means we eradicate the need to pay for him.

6 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

So just over 36 hours to go. Che still an option for Bournemouth and Wolves. I’m not feeling confident that he stays, sadly.

One of them will miss a couple of targets, panic and offer us £15m-£18m for him in the next day. Perhaps leaning to Wolves...

• Sad 1

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

We simply have to keep Che. Hopefully we will stand firm.

Worth accepting that that's unlikely. Wyqat we should do if we are going with the Sunderland bloke, is get in a winger who could also play a more attacking role if required rather like Tella. 

• Like 1

Wolves seems the most obvious option to me. Bournemouth is a different club now with their sexy Spanish manager. Wolves are now the meat and potatoes club with a meat and potatoes manager so they're the perfect destination for meat and potatoes Che.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Wolves seems the most obvious option to me. Bournemouth is a different club now with their sexy Spanish manager. Wolves are now the meat and potatoes club with a meat and potatoes manager so they're the perfect destination for meat and potatoes Che.

no wonder he's not in our plans if he's a big meat eater.

2 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Was it last summer we were linked with Anjorin? - signs for those lot down the road 🤢

image.thumb.png.00b321032c87c17b70f519dc3fb27f67.png

Was wondering what happened to him the other day.  It's not that long ago Ralph Rangnik was comparing him to Kevin De Bruyne.  Also played in the champions league I think.  Seem to recall he had a really bad injury record.

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Does anyone think the Birmingham FC connection may put Wolves off?  The rivalry between teams is fairly fierce in the Midlands and I am not sure if many players successfully transition between the big clubs.

25 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

So just over 36 hours to go. Che still an option for Bournemouth and Wolves. I’m not feeling confident that he stays, sadly.

Che doesn't seem to be anyone's first choice, only their fallback option. But if he goes, which striker will we replace him with? Ross Stewart, Patrick Roberts (both Sunderland), Duk and the Macedonian (both Aberdeen). 4 strikers linked, and we can't buy them all.

1 minute ago, the saint in winchester said:

Che doesn't seem to be anyone's first choice, only their fallback option. But if he goes, which striker will we replace him with? Ross Stewart, Patrick Roberts (both Sunderland), Duk and the Macedonian (both Aberdeen). 4 strikers linked, and we can't buy them all.

Roberts is a winger not a striker so he'd be the Tella replacement if he came in. Money's on the currently crocked Stewart!