Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

7 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

ABK will be a loan. No-one is paying an eight-figure fee for him with his injury history in the last 12 months.

The Dortmund offer reported by Sky Germany seemed to be a loan €6.8m but with an obligation to buy for €17.2m+€4m add ons - so basically €24m+€4. So, in all intents and purposes, an eight figure fee.

Aren't we looking like we might have to pay an eight-figure fee for Stewart?

33 minutes ago, trousers said:

Random thought:

Ché says to Saints: "Ok, I'll sign the new improved 3 year deal on the table but on the condition you loan me out to a Premier League team for the first year and then I'll come back to Saints next season if/when we're promoted"

Would that make any sense?

But he's shit in the Premier League - why would we want him back in the Prem??? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saintant said:

As expected it's all heading to decisions being firmed up tomorrow and squeaky bum time.  Will probably mean we won't get all our targets but I imagine we're still in limbo because of potential moves for Che, KWP, Sulemana and ABK.

hope they've got those deal sheets ready!

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

hope they've got those deal sheets ready!

JW is going to be a busy man that's for sure.  Probably even busier than Darren Mowbray who, from what we're told has been scouring the globe watching every match he can to unearth a nugget or two yet everyone we've been linked with seems to be already known to RM or linked via JW's time at Citeh.  Who exactly has been recommended by Mowbray? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

JW is going to be a busy man that's for sure.  Probably even busier than Darren Mowbray who, from what we're told has been scouring the globe watching every match he can to unearth a nugget or two yet everyone we've been linked with seems to be already known to RM or linked via JW's time at Citeh.  Who exactly has been recommended by Mowbray? 

Mowbrays one for the future.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, saintant said:

Your Mum for one. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, saintant said:

Duk, Stewart, Paintsil, Luca Kerber and Johan Hove maybe?

He's not had that long considering season only started a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Clarke said:

That Che loan rumour is a good laugh. 

There will be so much nonsense that gets trotted out over the next few hours. In my eyes we are beyond the point of letting any regular starter go now if there is nothing agreed.

Difficult to know what has been agreed at this point in time.

Some of KWP, ABK, Onuachu, Che, Mara and Sulemena moves might be all signed and sealed, but just waiting for us to complete replacement deals. We shall see.

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Difficult to know what has been agreed at this point in time.

Some of KWP, ABK, Onuachu, Che, Mara and Sulemena moves might be all signed and sealed, but just waiting for us to complete replacement deals. We shall see.

That is true, but putting myself on the inside for a second - if there is absolutely nothing agreed for those guys at this point, then we shut the door in my opinion and tell clubs their time is up. Shouldn't be negotiating anything tomorrow.

for what it's worth all the players above were in normal full training today (bar Onuachu) if any moves were signed and agreed, pending on us getting players in, I doubt they'd be training as they were.

• Like 1