Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, The Juice said:

Is this Paintsil actually any good. Is there anyone with any knowledge outside of youtube videos? 

Seems like a lot of effort if we does not significantly improve us! 

Tbh I haven’t looked as the least excited of a transfer for long time. From minute he said wanted Leeds like a dragon I was out.

1 minute ago, The Juice said:

Is this Paintsil actually any good. Is there anyone with any knowledge outside of youtube videos? 

If he’s better than Djenepo and Aribo he improves us! Low bar admittedly but the less we see of those two the better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Don’t worry we can sell him back to Genk in January or next summer for half the price if it doesn’t work out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

I reckon the Russell Martin compo fiasco has hindered deals with Swansea massively. In an ideal world I think we'd have taken Piroe and Wood. 

I can’t see we were that interested in Piroe as it seems like such an easy transfer to make

Either Leeds offered more or we just weren’t happy with the deal.. who knows 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

Not really just videos and the fact we signed top scorer TP from this league already and he was dog sh*t. Judgement to be made as to if he can match the Tella role. 

On the deal front, does anyone know what the actual deal is? Straight swap or is there any money involved. 

Pro tip: there is 'always' money involved.

21 minutes ago, The Juice said:

Have not seen him play. I can only go off stats that I am aware don't tell the whole story but he's a pacy winger, with 11 assists AND 14 goals from his last 30 game full season(22/23). Already has 2 assists in 4 games this season. Sure, it's the Belgian league so take it as you see it but they're not horrible stats and I'm interested to see what he brings. 5 foot 7 inches so another small player mind meaning we'll continue to be horrible from set pieces.

Feeling a lot more positive on the rumoured incomings and outgoings. We seem to have done some really shrewd business in this window that gives us a good platform for promotion and the flex to continue the rebuild if we fail this season.

Loan deals at this point seem like a win-win in both directions especially if they come with an option.

Excited to see things develop over the next couple of days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Sounds like this is moving fairly quickly now -

I would suggest the two clubs have probably been discussing/negotiating this for weeks not just a couple of days/hours. The media don't report on these things in real time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Can't say i'm excited by the prospect. May turn out to be a good player but terms like 'prepared to get on a plane' hardly sound like the description of someone who's particularly enthiusiastic. You do wonder if he'd even be on our radar if it wasn't for the desire to get Tall Paul off the books.

15 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

The question on everyones lips is what Saints African winger is Paintsil going to replicate ?

Manè ?

Boufal ?

Djenepo….

dunno, but from the five minute video I just watched he looks like one of those wingers that have fast legs but don't run all that fast, appears to have the ball under control but it never is, threatens but never threatens, shoots but never scores...

...my hopes are not high. Which means things can only work out better than I had hoped. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

Have not seen him play. I can only go off stats that I am aware don't tell the whole story but he's a pacy winger, with 11 assists AND 14 goals from his last 30 game full season(22/23). Already has 2 assists in 4 games this season. Sure, it's the Belgian league so take it as you see it but they're not horrible stats and I'm interested to see what he brings. 5 foot 7 inches so another small player mind meaning we'll continue to be horrible from set pieces.

Moussa got 11 in 39 in belgian league too in his last season.

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

Can't say i'm excited by the prospect. May turn out to be a good player but terms like 'prepared to get on a plane' hardly sound like the description of someone who's particularly enthiusiastic. You do wonder if he'd even be on our radar if it wasn't for the desire to get Tall Paul off the books.

Yes. Getting shot of a player who no longer wants to be here, to be replaced by a player who doesn’t really want to be here either. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Better than ‘not prepared to get on a plane’

5 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Moussa got 11 in 39 in belgian league too in his last season.

7 goals and 1 assist according to FotMob. So if they're correct, not even half as good as Paintsil.

Edited by Greedyfly

11 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

The reporting on this transfer could very well be skewing things. For all we know (and I would bet) he has been extremely keen to join us. Obviously his agent will be working to get him the best deal possible from current and new club. His current club will be trying to get the best deal for themselves.  

He may have already done his medical today, never mind him being prepared to get on a plane...

Edited by Chez

27 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

The question on everyones lips is what Saints African winger is Paintsil going to replicate ?

Manè ?

Boufal ?

Djenepo….

African nationality aside, I'm hoping he's not another Steve de Ridder. And Paintsil doesn't seem to be chomping at the bit to sign for us. Fingers crossed he's decent and makes a big impact.

4 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Has Moussa been padding his wikipedia.

image.png.30b20ea741449df6260526f63be26b4d.png

🤣 possibly, the lying Malian bastard. Transfer market has him at 7 goals 3 assists as well so I'm thinking he probably did.

Edit: I was only looking at League goals in fairness

Either way it's certainly not 14 goals, 11 assists. 

I can understand why people are a little down on this one given we've been burnt by Tall Paul but I think this is one we can just be optimistic on/ wait and see. Play the man, not the history.... Or something.

I fully understand he could be utter dross.

Edited by Greedyfly
Edit: I was only looking at League goals in fairness

15 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

African nationality aside, I'm hoping he's not another Steve de Ridder. And Paintsil doesn't seem to be chomping at the bit to sign for us. Fingers crossed he's decent and makes a big impact.

Forgot you can edit wiki!

Why didn't we collectively think of this at the start of summer and edit Mara and Tall Paul's Wiki to have them scoring a tonne of goals for us last year? Perhaps tricked a few other teams into thinking they were half decent.