Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

10 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

Tella isn't unhappy, and is very willing to stay.

MS drives some at the club nuts.  Think's he's brighter than he is, won't be told anything and is lazy by nature.  I don't know if the management are desperate to get rid but some of the day to day staff certainly are.

If we got an offer of £10 million for Salisu I'd be accepting that very quickly. Probably about the same as what we paid for him and I don't think he's improved a great deal. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sambosa75 said:

Massive question marks over his temperament and overall bottle though for me.  It’s a big gamble for anyone.  Physically he’s got everything required but mentally I’m not so sure.

He’s a strange one, seems to be quite a divisive character. His whole scenario with Ghana from the start was very odd, seems like he’s not the most popular of players behind the scenes. Very good player on his day though and definitely PL level, prob needs to play alongside someone older and more experienced, knuckle down a bit, listen, and refine his play.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

If we got an offer of £10 million for Salisu I'd be accepting that very quickly. Probably about the same as what we paid for him and I don't think he's improved a great deal. 

Ditto. I'd be delighted to get back what we paid for him. The lad could be amazing, but something's off. 

• Like 3

Think Tella will be key, not just because of his ability, but he always seems very positive, and isn't tainted by last seasons depressing lack of character. 

Looking at midfield and attacking options, clearly Lavia is as good as gone. I don't know if JWP is, but if he stays, we have Charles, JWP, Smallbone and Alcarez, Stu, maybe Aribo for 2 or 3 central roles. Maybe enough, but bit weak defensively, particularly if JWP goes would need replacing. Has Manning played there a bit? 

Wide players, Tella, Sulemana could be great.

Sam AA looks very good and will get plenty of playing time, Bournemouth were struggling with him and persistently fouling him. Im also happy with Edozie as a starter. Djenepo is fun but as a sub! 

Forward is weaker - unless Tella is seen as first choice in a central role, I can see Adam A as first choice (with confidence refresh he may do well) and Mara as cover. Need to get PO and CA out quickly if they are off. 

Edited by West end Saints
  • Like 1

Just now, egg said:

Ditto. I'd be delighted to get back what we paid for him. The lad could be amazing, but something's off. 

I agree. As others have mentioned, he certainly has the physical attributes but clearly has a major temperament issue. Not ideal when you're looking to build team spirit after a terrible season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

One of my favourite Burnley replies… I mean.. it literally makes no sense 

IMG_8627.jpeg

Are all the people up there as thick, entitled, and childish as this? Or is it just the Liverpool and burnley fans. Guy sounds like he thinks they have a god given right to buy Tella rather than us having the right to sell him at a price we're happy with... or not at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last post from me today (because I've run out - really must pay the bloody fiver)

One other thing I was told is that AA is super happy at the moment and is buzzing about the club.  He felt played out of position / not to his strengths under RH, but is really buying into RMs way of playing / doing things. He's really up for it for it this season.  I guess there might be a bit of seen it, done it in his growing confidence and contentedness... but that's me speculating.

I hope he plays for us this year the way he did for Blackburn.

• Like 19

13 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Are all the people up there as thick, entitled, and childish as this? Or is it just the Liverpool and burnley fans. Guy sounds like he thinks they have a god given right to buy Tella rather than us having the right to sell him at a price we're happy with... or not at all.

I don't think it's a matter of geography. West Ham fans are the same about JWP 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

Last post from me today (because I've run out - really must pay the bloody fiver)

One other thing I was told is that AA is super happy at the moment and is buzzing about the club.  He felt played out of position / not to his strengths under RH, but is really buying into RMs way of playing / doing things. He's really up for it for it this season.  I guess there might be a bit of seen it, done it in his growing confidence and contentedness... but that's me speculating.

It's good to hear that there are some happy players! Despite being poor last season I think we could do with guys like Armstrong and Smallbone etc who actually really want to be here. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Winchester Red said:

It's good to hear that there are some happy players! Despite being poor last season I think we could do with guys like Armstrong and Smallbone etc who actually really want to be here. 

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

You're just mocking him now with your double posts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katalinic said:

No I heard this, it was the opposite I think. Peterborough were interested in one of our players who decided to go somewhere else, I assumed it to  have been Nlundulu as we haven't sold anyone else around L1 level. Was very complimentary about Ankersen and Martin though.

Oh OK fair enough, I wasn't listening at all haha.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, coalman said:

I don't think it's a matter of geography. West Ham fans are the same about JWP 

I think all fan bases, or any significant group of people at all for that matter, contain a moderate number of absolute weapons, Saints included.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I think all fan bases, or any significant group of people at all for that matter, contain a moderate number of absolute weapons, Saints included.

Only exception being the skates who are all absolute weapons

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

He’s a strange one, seems to be quite a divisive character. His whole scenario with Ghana from the start was very odd, seems like he’s not the most popular of players behind the scenes. Very good player on his day though and definitely PL level, prob needs to play alongside someone older and more experienced, knuckle down a bit, listen, and refine his play.

Ron Atkinson is a massive fan apparently 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Chelsea have really f*cked that then.

Guess they are only interested if Caicedo price is too high, but by that point Lavia is already set on Liverpool. Would be great for us if Joe Shields could convince him and we got a bigger fee though. He owes us a favour or two.

3 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Guess they are only interested if Caicedo price is too high, but by that point Lavia is already set on Liverpool. Would be great for us if Joe Shields could convince him and we got a bigger fee though. He owes us a favour or two.

If we have a big offer from Chelsea, reject the Liverpool one.... His heart may be set on them, but we hold his registration.

As you say, fingers crossed on Joe Shields.

Edited by Colinjb
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

If we have a big offer from Chelsea, reject the Liverpool one.... His heart may be set on them, but we hold his registration.

As you say, fingers crossed on Joe Shields.

That little shit bag owes us. He could start his redemption with outbidding the Mickys and stopping us having to endure how Klopp has turned lavia into a world class player after 2 months there

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 4

Just now, Turkish said:

That little shit bag owes us. He could start his redemption with outbidding the Nicky’s and stopping us having to endure how Klopp has turned lavia into a world class player after 2 months there

According to the scousers, Lavia isn't ready to be a starter for a team like Liverpool. This despite him putting in MOTM performances vs Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United last season 🤷

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Fair enough, some journalists will be given snippets of information by agents, so may have the inside track, but fuck me, there is not a chance in hell that any agent or player speaks to a journalist while negotiations are taking place and says they "prefer Liverpool or X or Y". No way. Not a chance. Lavia would be absolutely over the moon to get a move to either club. So I call this `bullshit'. It's made up, fucking bullshit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Not that I like Chelsea, but it would be funny if they hijacked the deal. Judging by Liverpool fans on Twitter, Lavia signed about 4 days ago.

I forgot how much I genuinely dislike that lot until now. 

They’ll be on flight watch as well - absolute tools the lot of them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sfcphilc said:

Not that I like Chelsea, but it would be funny if they hijacked the deal. Judging by Liverpool fans on Twitter, Lavia signed about 4 days ago.

I will never forget how much I dislike them---anyone but Liverpool!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Chelsea have really f*cked that then.

Possibly, but on the other hand, perhaps you could say that they have waited, allowed Liverpool to show their tightfisted colours and then waltzed in at the eleventh hour and got their man by simply paying the fee needed. The only possible reason Lavia would turn Chelsea down is if he is concerned about starting games - and that issue would not be solved by Chelsea coming to the table earlier.

As I said earlier on this thread. Chelsea to come in with a £60m take it or leave it offer, job done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sfcphilc said:

I agree... Would sell him to Chelsea for less :lol:

But his agent probably has everything lined up with Liverpool, so will be difficult even if we accept the higher Chelsea bid. It will just drag out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winchester Red said:

Thank you, good to hear. Armstrong is better than we've seen. Played properly, and with some confidence, he could have a great season.

And @stevegrant, please upgrade this fellas membership, he's got info to share. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Like this bidding war. Do I hear £55m from Liverpool, do I hear £60m from Chelsea? Ah, we have a new bidder Al Hilal.....

He'll be going for £80mil at this rate! 

47 minutes ago, bugenhagen said:

I agree... Would sell him to Chelsea for less :lol:

But his agent probably has everything lined up with Liverpool, so will be difficult even if we accept the higher Chelsea bid. It will just drag out.

There's no way we'd sell him for less to the scousers if chelsea bid more than them. Bring on the bidding war I say

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Possibly, but on the other hand, perhaps you could say that they have waited, allowed Liverpool to show their tightfisted colours and then waltzed in at the eleventh hour and got their man by simply paying the fee needed. The only possible reason Lavia would turn Chelsea down is if he is concerned about starting games - and that issue would not be solved by Chelsea coming to the table earlier.

As I said earlier on this thread. Chelsea to come in with a £60m take it or leave it offer, job done.

And send us a player or two as part of the deal, don't they need to offload more players from their bloated squad?

11 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

There's no way we'd sell him for less to the scousers if chelsea bid more than them. Bring on the bidding war I say

Sure, we probably won't sell him for less, I agree. Just think agents have a lot more influence on deals, but they are rarely mentioned on here ;) If Liverpool ups their bid it can probably be done quickly, or else it may take time. The agent is talking with all parties and knows how a deal can be struck.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

I think he plays for either personally, Chelsea are in as much need for a decent No.6 as Liverpool… possibly more so

Id fucking love it if he went to Chelsea over the scousers

• Like 5

2 hours ago, egg said:

Thank you, good to hear. Armstrong is better than we've seen. Played properly, and with some confidence, he could have a great season.

And @stevegrant, please upgrade this fellas membership, he's got info to share. 

Already a class above any of the other social media teens that have spent too much time listening to Talkshite or following Jim White.