Outs:

Onuachu - sold

Lyanco - sold

Aribo - sold

Sulemana - loaned out

ABK - sold 

I’d add McCarthy to that list 

1 hour ago, Harry_SFC said:

€25m release clause. Can't see us paying that for a 28 year old? 

Release clause is the amount they have to accept, they may accept less depending on their, and the player's views - eg how much he is needed, do they need money, how long left on contract. 

No nothing about this guy

15m is good business for a striker who couldn’t score goals in the Premier, even from one yard out. Would have been decent in the Championship but always felt that Che thinks he’s a better player than Che actually is. Ah well. Move on. Big time to get some bodies in, or we will all be suspecting the owners’ intentions. Ps noted that Piroe not necessarily out of the question. A new contract just puts the price up. Prem clubs sniffing around. Guess the same with Grimes? Might it be a way of softening those blows? Repairing the Swansea rift?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

Release clause is the amount they have to accept, they may accept less depending on their, and the player's views - eg how much he is needed, do they need money, how long left on contract. 

According to the original article they won't accept less than the release clause because he's their best player. 

19 minutes ago, West end Saints said:

According to the original article they won't accept less than the release clause because he's their best player. 

4 minutes ago, Block41 Saint said:

Looks like the owners are recouping their losses over the last two transfer windows imo. 

As they rightly should, they spent a bloody fortune in the past two windows. We also must still have an enormous and unsustainable wage bill that won’t have been fully addressed by the reported wage drops incurred.

We do need to spend some money on new players, no doubt. But it’s been mooted several times that it’s likely to be practically it’s one in one out from here, and I reckon we won’t spend anywhere near as much on players in as those they’re replacing.

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

As they rightly should, they spent a bloody fortune in the past two windows. We also must still have an enormous and unsustainable wage bill that won’t have been fully addressed by the reported wage drops incurred.

We do need to spend some money on new players, no doubt. But it’s been mooted several times that it’s likely to be practically it’s one in one out from here, and I reckon we won’t spend anywhere near as much on players in as those they’re replacing.

Well that's absolutely obvious. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't spend 100 million in this league. 

Just now, The Kraken said:

I’m not talking about the money in already. I’m talking about further sales.

Not sure I agree with that. Entirely conceivable we could spend 15 million on a replacement for Adams. Doubt we'd spend whatever we bring in for kwp on a rb but could see maybe 15 million on a cb. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CampionSaint said:

If they were that close to buying Adams he wouldn't have been playing yesterday and become an injury risk prior to a move.  Don't believe all you read 🙂

Or things have escalated in the over 24 hours since that game?

I thought Dyche would get Everton ticking this season but I’ve probably been proven wrong off the back of that. The Everton forum makes for grim reading and I don’t think he’ll have long left. 

It’s a tricky one for Che. He seems like a Dyche signing. If that’s the case, why risk not being in favour with whoever comes in next if the board pull the trigger? His stock will be far greater helping propel us up the league at the end of the season than it will if he fizzles out in a very poor Everton team. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Not sure I agree with that. Entirely conceivable we could spend 15 million on a replacement for Adams. Doubt we'd spend whatever we bring in for kwp on a rb but could see maybe 15 million on a cb. 

We’ll see. At best, from this point onwards I think we’ll break even on transfers in and out, and imo that in itself would be a decent result.  And I don’t think we’ve yet explored the loan market as much as we could; Burnley last season had 4 players on loan who played 30+ games for them (Tella, Harwood Bellis, Matsson, Beyer) so it’s obviously a decent market to explore.

4 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

I thought Dyche would get Everton ticking this season but I’ve probably been proven wrong off the back of that. The Everton forum makes for grim reading and I don’t think he’ll have long left. 

It’s a tricky one for Che. He seems like a Dyche signing. If that’s the case, why risk not being in favour with whoever comes in next if the board pull the trigger? His stock will be far greater helping propel us up the league at the end of the season than it will if he fizzles out in a very poor Everton team. 

56 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Martin will be gutted. I'm sure he feared we would lose quite a few but like me I'm sure he thought we'd draw a line somewhere. 

No signs of the money being re-invested yet apart from a midfielder coming in on loan.

Rather than gutted he seemed pretty relaxed about it all after the game yesterday.

As he and Jason Wilcox have strongly hinted all summer, lots of players will leave. Adams will, KWP will, Sulemana will. Its hardly a suprise or shock to him.

As for no sign of replacements, Russell Martin clearly knows more about whats happening on that front than us, so whilst he is calm about it I don't see why any of us should worry.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CampionSaint said:

I like the line “Whether or not this move happens, or if it is just a story aiming to see Southampton drop their valuation of Adams is yet to be seen.”

Lads, ffs, just read the Liverpool Echo to see what happened with your city rivals consistently under-bidding for Lavia and maybe put 2 and 2 together?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would be

52 minutes ago, DT said:

15m is good business for a striker who couldn’t score goals in the Premier, even from one yard out. Would have been decent in the Championship but always felt that Che thinks he’s a better player than Che actually is. Ah well. Move on. Big time to get some bodies in, or we will all be suspecting the owners’ intentions. Ps noted that Piroe not necessarily out of the question. A new contract just puts the price up. Prem clubs sniffing around. Guess the same with Grimes? Might it be a way of softening those blows? Repairing the Swansea rift?

Che would be a better finisher if he had more confidence, not less

52 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Maybe they should have spent the money on better players to keep us up. 

Just as we expected all of the talent is being sold off.... 

Could see Sulemana, Adams, Tella and Kotchap and Alacarez all going in a short space of time.

And we hope to fill the gaps with some unproven Man City kids / scraping the barrel with dross...

Seems like we haven't learnt anything if we don't reach play offs we will look like absolute tits......

Edited by ally_uk
Spell

7 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Could see Sulemana, Adams, Tella and Kotchap and Alacarez all going in a short space of time.

And we hope to fill the gaps with some unproven Man City kids / scraping the barrel with dross...

Seems like we haven't learnt anything if we don't reach play offs we will look like absolute tits......

Yep....100% sure that this is what will happen....🙄🙄

I'll reserve judgement until after the window closes. 

There's been noises that we'll likely lose Adams, Tella, KWP, ABK and Sulemana for a few weeks now, so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. If players don't want to be here, I'm all for them leaving once we get the best possible price. 

Let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks and we can have a proper meltdown on 2nd September if the club drop the ball. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Weren’t our best players from this season (so far) and last season both Man City kids?

• Like 3