Saints 0-1 Cherries - Match Thread

SotonianWill

Jones was right to start fighting with some of these cunts. Their lack of effort or care is infuriating. Some of them are on 80-100k a week too  

Even had the nerve to walk round with a pathetic clap at the end like they actually give a fuck.

I actually hate this team more than any Pompey team

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Detest this club. Just want someone to actually tell Selles what a shit manager he really is. No honesty. Tell us why players aren’t being selected! It can’t be your ineptitude solely? Can it? Really?

Edited by DT
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Wiggles31 said:

The most spineless team in the history of the premier league. They can all fuck off. Selles is equally as bad as Jones. 

Total needed reset next year. 

I can’t quite believe I’m saying this, but he might actually be worse. The way he set us up tonight and against Palace? I mean what the actual fuck? 

Not being good enough is hard enough to take. No centre forward, no fight, no passion, no attacking intent is just dereliction of duty. 

The other thing pissing me off tonight? Football journalists. Adam Blackmore and Alfie House and all of them big it up on social media with words like clueless and abysmal but then throw soft shoe bullshit questions at the manager and anyone else responsible. Ask them what everyone is thinking FFS.

Anyone want my Forest ticket? Not sure I can bear it. 

Roll on the reset and Rotherham away in the Championship on a freezing Friday in February. ‘Ave it. 

• Like 3

I’m baffled - what on earth was that ‘performance’. Why didn’t we play a striker in a game we have to win ?, why replace Jwp with Lyanco ?, why did the players seemingly not get out of first gear ?, what was the plan ? Etc etc

They didn’t even look that bothered at the end of the game. There is something seriously amiss with this club at the moment.

I reckon it’s going to take us a year to turn this around it’s such a mess, we need to make sure we don’t get sucked into a relegation fight in the first half of next season which I can see happening.

Once the few family jewels are sold we really don’t have many players equipped for a championship battle

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaptopSaint said:

I can’t quite believe I’m saying this, but he might actually be worse. The way he set us up tonight and against Palace? I mean what the actual fuck? 

Not being good enough is hard enough to take. No centre forward, no fight, no passion, no attacking intent is just dereliction of duty. 

The other thing pissing me off tonight? Football journalists. Adam Blackmore and Alfie House and all of them big it up on social media with words like clueless and abysmal but then throw soft shoe bullshit questions at the manager and anyone else responsible. Ask them what everyone is thinking FFS.

Anyone want my Forest ticket? Not sure I can bear it. 

Roll on the reset and Rotherham away in the Championship on a freezing Friday in February. ‘Ave it. 

You can't forget the setup against Forest at home though, that was a total ''WTF'' show. I have no idea what that was all about and we deservedly lost that one.

Lumping balls down the channels all game to small players. Granted we did very similar tonight, but part of me is starting to wonder if this is what the players default to as their safety mode.

• Like 1

How long would you say the below statements ring true?

1. Almost certain that we will let a goal in

2. Almost certain that we will not score a goal

3. Almost certain there will be no real fight & we will mostly be 2nd to every ball

4. Almost certain our Defenders or Keeper - should've done better

5. We are scratching our heads over team selections & substitutions 

If the consensus is that it's a fairly short period of time - then I guess the powers above can be excused!

52 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

This won’t be my most eloquent post.

It’s been years of shit recruitment (since Koeman left). Those nerdy cunts have a lot to answer for.

Running perfectly alongside that came the years of self-congratulatory backslapping about how innovative we are.

Tons of posturing about being progressive all the while talking and not actually doing… and many key positions in the club being taken up by these types.

Waffling away with catchphrases, slogans and executive speak, pissing around with analysing bullshit metrics. 

‘Bold’ . Fuck off with your empty platitudes you gutless bunch of cunts.

Youve pissed off thousands of good people with your cunty actions for seasons now. Fuck you fuck you fuck you.

just had a thought… there’s that poor fucker in Australia whose gotta wake up to this yet. Went to bed hoping for a Saints win..

Yes and I have now what a shower of sxxx, no urgency at all no words really. What I expected  from this lot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

The big negative is we are likely going to be stuck with a fair number of these garbage players. 

That’s what worries me.

I don’t think the championship will be as easy as people think with this horrendous squad and these bell ends in charge of the recruitment.

Genuinely see us going down again. We got battered by Grimsby ffs 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SW11_Saint said:

That’s the irony. The good ones go, the shit ones stay with us - and are likely okay EFL standard. 

That's an unknown. These same players lost to L2 Grimsby, struggled to Pens against L1 Sheffield Weds and sneaked through against Lincoln.

I don't think they've shown anything to suggest they can even compete at a lower level, in fact it will be a wake up call for a lot of them. I think we need to be absolutely brutal this summer, if we have money from sales I'd be tempted to pay off contracts just to clear the deadwood out. We can't try and hang any positivity on the players that have consistently failed us.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

That’s what worries me.

I don’t think the championship will be as easy as people think with this horrendous squad and these bell ends in charge of the recruitment.

Genuinely see us going down again. We got battered by Grimsby ffs 

I don't think people on here think that. The trouble is, the clowns calling the shots probably think this way. 

• Like 2

Absolutely done with this team. They don't care and it's evident. Ruben Selles is as useful as a concrete parachute. Eastleigh FC have announced a takeover this evening, going to be getting a season ticket there next season. Been at a few games there this season and enjoyed it. The passion is there, it's more affordable and hopefully, I'll feel more attached to the club than I do at the moment with Saints although, that's not hard at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I just don't understand how a group of highly paid, professional sportsmen can contrive to be so consistently inept, week after week.

Every single time we've had a 'must win' home game against a lower half team, we've fucked it up. I mean, surely by the law of averages we could have managed to fluke a win in at least one of those games with a massive slice of luck and the other team being just worse than us on the night, surely? But no. We fuck it up... Every. Single. Time.

You make your own luck. The reason we haven't had any good luck all season is because we haven't worked hard enough to earn it.

I think we used all our ‘flukes’ up on the Leicester game tbh. 

Some of our players are worth keeping - a few - but we need a new attack minded manager to decide who they are, who we can sell, who goes out on loan and who needs to fester in the reserves until their contracts expire. New manager also needs to be backed with some proper funding to buy a striker. I'd give Che another go in the Championship, but not as the main man. Plymouth Argyle would absolutely hammer Saints at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SFCTony said:

Absolutely done with this team. They don't care and it's evident. Ruben Selles is as useful as a concrete parachute. Eastleigh FC have announced a takeover this evening, going to be getting a season ticket there next season. Been at a few games there this season and enjoyed it. The passion is there, it's more affordable and hopefully, I'll feel more attached to the club than I do at the moment with Saints although, that's not hard at the moment.

it’s full of annoying kids tho

Another absolute clusterfeck of a selles tactical masterclass. Once again another game given up before kickoff. Is Selles actually blind because how he couldn’t see the issues at the beginning of the second half was just bizarre. We got pinned in, no out ball, no pace to counter…it took him until we’d gone one down before he changed. The guys a fraud, our board are a fraud our players are frauds. I hope there is a huge clear out over the summer, total reset, rebuild with a manager who’s gonna get the fans onside and a coaching team with experience. 

in all my years going to matches this is the worse bunch of gutless cumpts I’ve seen representing out club. 
personally feck selles off tonight, get adkins in until the end of the season, can’t do any worse but would at least unite the fan base.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Jones was right to start fighting with some of these cunts. Their lack of effort or care is infuriating. Some of them are on 80-100k a week too  

Even had the nerve to walk round with a pathetic clap at the end like they actually give a fuck.

I actually hate this team more than any Pompey team

What was the reaction at the end 

7 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

He ran. I think that's the best you can say about his performance 

When I read that Ralph didn’t want him signed it underlined a lot that was wrong with the way the club was run. Dickhead analysts telling the manager who’d be signed to improve the team.

And that was before Ankersen arrived. 

24 minutes ago, Appy said:

Adam Armstrong pretty much sums up the drop off we’ve had, he’s absolutely atrocious, far from the only one, but doesn’t have a single attribute I rate. 

What's his contribution in 2 years, 3 goals or something. Absolutely shocking for a forward. Sums up the problem with most of our players, not a single ounce of accountability.

Had that been me I'd have been working like a crazy man on my weaknesses, analyzing game footage,  putting in strength work,  technique etc.

This lot can't wait to get back to their cellphone to post on Instagram. 

Cunts!

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Cherries - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic