Pre Season Friendlies 2023/24

Master Bates

1 hour ago, iansums said:

I quite often go to Reading with a Boro supporting mate, we normally park at the Holiday Inn, have a beer and a bite to eat there before walking to the ground, about 10-15 minutes.

I asked my Reading mate, he recommended that as well. 

Can also pre book parking at the stadium on the Reading website 

Screenshot_20230704-150406_Gallery.thumb.jpg.89142cf9cec1ee1994d5dd225315a910.jpg

25 minutes ago, warsash saint said:

Thanks - do you have to pre-book & whats the price?

No need to book, just turn up and park, pay at hotel reception. Don't know about the price but not silly money. Good business for the hotel, charging for parking and then food and drink at the bar.

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I asked my Reading mate, he recommended that as well. 

Can also pre book parking at the stadium on the Reading website 

Screenshot_20230704-150406_Gallery.thumb.jpg.89142cf9cec1ee1994d5dd225315a910.jpg

The Select Car Leasing Stadium?

I'm glad we've managed to avoid having a sponsor's name added on to or replacing St Marys.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2023 at 13:38, warsash saint said:

Train strikes on that Saturday!!

Judging by past strikes by RMT you should still be able to get to and from Reading game by train 

https://news.gwr.com/news/strike-action-gwr-advises-customers-to-check-which-services-will-be-running

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/other/news-and-media/news/2023/may/swr-outlines-strike-day-services-in-may-and-june

Pleased to see that this year we are upping our pre season competition. We usually play some part timers in a foreign league and then maybe one decent team just we start the season.

This year looks as though we mean business and none of this ‘It’s about fitness’ nonsense.

Looking forward to seeing us play and definitely going to a friendly or two.

Göztepe friendly has been pushed back a whole 15 minutes to 20:15pm KO their time, as its meant to be 35°c at kick off. Can see it getting pushed back to midnight if the temperatures online are accurate. 

I'm going over for it, can't wait. 

Edited by Sfcphilc
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Do we know if this means live TV or just a radio broadcast by Adam & Co? TV is usually referred to as streaming. Broadcast suggests radio.

The little tv emoji suggests to me this will be a tv broadcast

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

Is it 3 our time? Can't see the team anywhere

It is indeed - I guess as it's a "behind closed doors" friendly they're a bit less on it than normal - still get the impression we are only streaming it cos Benfica are. 

5 minutes ago, josebaiw said:

It is indeed - I guess as it's a "behind closed doors" friendly they're a bit less on it than normal - still get the impression we are only streaming it cos Benfica are. 

To be fair to them, it's on the Google calendar that the club set up because it's just reminded me, so I don't think they're hiding it. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Can't say I've heard of Meghoma! It'll be good to see more of Amo-Ameyaw though, is he the one who came on against Liverpool and looked the brightest player on the pitch?

Quality player, going to cook in this friendly.