Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

This season has been a total waste of Sheffield United's time, they've not even given it a go. They sold their best players from last year before a ball was kicked, really odd set up there.

I don't think they'll be any sort of threat next year, it's hard to recover from a season as bad as this and bounce again. They don't even have any good players for Championship level as their best players from last year were sold.

• Like 1

Bayern playing tomorrow , trying to salvage something from a season with Tuchel in charge ! He has , true to form , fallen out with half the team  apparently . Wasn't he asked to take on Saints in the Prem ??

Didn't someone on here suggest Wilder CDAJFU ???

Edited by East Kent Saint

2 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

Bayern playing tomorrow , trying to salvage something from a season with Tuchel in charge ! He has , true to form , fallen out with half the team  apparently . Wasn't he asked to take on Saints in the Prem ??

I think he was linked after we lost Koeman, but he wanted bigger/better and we ended up with Puel.

He has been a manager of better pedigree than us though tbf, did a good job at Chelsea.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I know Arsenal are good but I wouldn’t expect a non-league side to be this off the pace in a cup match.
This performance is completely embarrassing 

Any team who starts with McBernie up top is pretty much pub level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've said it before, on any given match day, these top sides could easily win 10-0 against the teams near the bottom. More often than not it's just some luck and some wayward finishing that prevents a thrashing.

4 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Gosh I really hope we go up!

Not!

The Prem is a joke. We got up just in time to establish ourselves before it went properly bonkers. £50million chucked about by the top sides without any expectation of them actually guaranteeing good performances. 

Really not bothered about going up this season. Hopefully the European super league happens soon and then the top flight will be interesting once more for those outside the top 6.

• Like 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

The Prem is a joke. We got up just in time to establish ourselves before it went properly bonkers. £50million chucked about by the top sides without any expectation of them actually guaranteeing good performances. 

Really not bothered about going up this season. Hopefully the European super league happens soon and then the top flight will be interesting once more for those outside the top 6.

you do realise the super league will not mean the top 8 or so will depart the premier league...?

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

you do realise the super league will not mean the top 8 or so will depart the premier league...?

If they want to play in it they will, the Premier League said last time it reared it's head that they cant play in both.

7 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Gosh I really hope we go up!

Not!

Have to say, a season of struggle, losing most weeks, a chance of an absolutely pounding against the top sides, trying to scrape 36 points to stay up does not appeal to me whatsoever.

The issue is if we don’t go up this season or next, it’s probably death by a thousand cuts. 

Football at the top level has really just become a joke and a bit pointless really.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Saint_clark said:

If they want to play in it they will, the Premier League said last time it reared it's head that they cant play in both.

And the same with UEFA competitions...They aint going..

The Champions League next season is all the 'super league' they need

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

And the same with UEFA competitions...They aint going..

The Champions League next season is all the 'super league' they need

It's not a closed shop though which is what they really wanted. 

31 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

This season has been a total waste of Sheffield United's time, they've not even given it a go. They sold their best players from last year before a ball was kicked, really odd set up there.

I don't think they'll be any sort of threat next year, it's hard to recover from a season as bad as this and bounce again. They don't even have any good players for Championship level as their best players from last year were sold.

They already have the third worst goal difference in premier league history and still got 11 games to go (Yes I know football existed before that but can’t seem to find any record of that) only Huddersfield and that horrendous Derby team which got promoted instead of us are worse with 54 and 69 respectively 

They could easily beat their own record low points of 23 and already have a worse goal difference by 6. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Tater at 5-0 said Arsenal' xG was 1.86. So they aren't all that. 🙂

We'll see if Arsenal continue this demolition, or if it will fizzle out with lots of subs and a slower pace.

Did somebody say xG?

IMG_0866.jpeg

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Did somebody say xG?

IMG_0866.jpeg

Arsenal showing they are just a smidgen more clinical. But Martin would be looking at that, wondering just how much bettercwe'd have been with a working striker and replacing Tella in the summer.

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

Surely to God they can get 4 more in half an hour.

Sheff Utd used all subs now. Hopefully hamstring pull and a sending off. Jesus hat trick 

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Subs have killed the game, shame.

Shows how crazy a 9-0 is, let a lone two of them. We were special kinds of shite in those two games.

We were, but we could also point to some contributing factors, like playing with 10 men for most of the game, and down to 9 against United. I think arsenal are done here now, can't see them getting near nine.

5 minutes ago, Micky said:

We were, but we could also point to some contributing factors, like playing with 10 men for most of the game, and down to 9 against United. I think arsenal are done here now, can't see them getting near nine.

There comes a point where professionalism comes into play though, you just have to forget playing any philosophy and just shut the game down. Make it bitty, make it ugly - exactly what Sheff U have done in this second half. The enormous gulf is still there, but they've just dug in a bit.

10 men or not, we just let Leicester and Utd do exactly what they wanted for 90mins and the players should be ashamed of themselves for the rest of their careers, certainly the ones who were part of two.

Edited by S-Clarke