Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

Yeah it's not looking good, even the most positive Saints fan in the world would struggle to spin that we're still in the hunt for an auto spot but as long as it's mathematically possible we shouldn't completely give up hope. We still have all 3 of them to play, let's say for a second we win those six pointers and keep winning, it's not completely inconceivable we could sneak back in. We're getting key players back too and have a nice break coming. I do think play-offs beckon though and I just hope we keep the key players fit for that and we go into them in some kind of decent form.

Fail to go up and it's just a shame that what has otherwise been a good season would have been ruined by (at time of writing) two short, bad spells.

10 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Yeah it's not looking good, even the most positive Saints fan in the world would struggle to spin that we're still in the hunt for an auto spot but as long as it's mathematically possible we shouldn't completely give up hope. We still have all 3 of them to play, let's say for a second we win those six pointers and keep winning, it's not completely inconceivable we could sneak back in. We're getting key players back too and have a nice break coming. I do think play-offs beckon though and I just hope we keep the key players fit for that and we go into them in some kind of decent form.

Fail to go up and it's just a shame that what has otherwise been a good season would have been ruined by (at time of writing) two short, bad spells.

Its definitely still possible (albeit unlikely), but we would need at least 8 wind from 11 and likely to win vs at least two of the top 3 away from home.

But fair enough, we can only control what we do. Leeds and Leicester were better than us last year and especially Leicester for a good few of the years before that.

Personally I would fancy us in the playoffs against any of the teams apart from Leeds. Would rather face WBA than Hull also.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

If neither of us go up let's swap managers.

All got our views.and bound to get defensive. I've been close to Ipswich for 25 years including this season. When Burgess went to Oz, Morsy was suspended due to his ill discipline, and Hirst was crocked, results nose dived. And aside from beating us in September, not sure Leicester Leeds or WBA have had too many problems aside from a nervy ended for WBA away hanging onto their away draw. Mick Mills stated Bristol deserved to win the other night.  All about perspective and bias I guess.

Fair play to Leeds and all the top teams this season tbf. 

Insanely high points totals. 

We just haven’t had the match winners or the defensive solidity to get over the line. 

Fucking playoffs man. Terrifying prospect 

I do not think Leicester or Ipswich will win today.

It really will be down to those 2 away games for me Ipswich and Leicester, then we will see if Leeds away means anything. Think Leeds will win the league and Leicester might hold on to 2nd, but will depend on the form of us and Ipswich. 

Hats off to Ipswich they do not look like dropping away, even though they did a while back. 

Playoffs will be fun, but could be heart ache. 

Still all up for grabs at this stage for sure, but we have made it slightly more hard work with the loses at home to Hull and Millwall. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

I do not think Leicester or Ipswich will win today.

It really will be down to those 2 away games for me Ipswich and Leicester, then we will see if Leeds away means anything. Think Leeds will win the league and Leicester might hold on to 2nd, but will depend on the form of us and Ipswich. 

Hats off to Ipswich they do not look like dropping away, even though they did a while back. 

Playoffs will be fun, but could be heart ache. 

Still all up for grabs at this stage for sure, but we have made it slightly more hard work with the loses at home to Hull and Millwall. 

I think Ipswich and Leicester will win today with ease.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Watching the Premier League lunchtime game, Penchester United 2-0 Everton. 
BeinSports with Keys and Gray is very anti-United which is quite funny. 😂

(I’m abroad).

Keys just doesn't understand anything about football. Which is quite remarkable, really. 

Ipswich often look poor in long spells but find a way to win. Cardiff started well but faded a bit, still no clear Ipswich chances though. 

3 minutes ago, benjii said:

Keys just doesn't understand anything about football. Which is quite remarkable, really. 

I’m surrounded by United fans, but then again you’re never more than three metres from one. A bit like Watford managers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Galway saint said:

predictable stuff - just do enough to win even when not playing well  

think that will be 7 or 8 on the bounce 

That is the difference when you keep it tight at the back - which we are seemingly incapable of doing at the mo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That is the difference when you keep it tight at the back - which we are seemingly incapable of doing at the mo

Not surprising when we have to fit Jack fucking Stephens into the team every week 

• Confused 1

You know that they've conceded more than us right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

to be fair ipswich don’t often keep it tight at the back but they can change gear if they need to 

If we were to win our two and Leicester somehow lost to Hull, 5pts could separate 1st and 4th.

It would still be a massive task, undoubtedly considering our form, but I’m trying to be optimistic - Hull, West Brom and Leeds would really be toughest three you could get within in the Playoffs.

Quite interesting watching Arsenal at the moment. One of the best passing sides in the country yet they have rarely played it out from the back. Ramsdale has mainly kicked or thrown the ball long.