Other Games 23/24

skintsaint

You've got to hand it to them, they are a very good side, they just keep going and their intensity is fantastic.  We won't be catching any of these three.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Micky said:

You've got to hand it to them, they are a very good side, they just keep going and their intensity is fantastic.  We won't be catching any of these three.

Tbh their intensity is on a different level. If we turn up to their place like we did Vs Millwall and Hull we will get soundly beaten.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Typical Ipswich, quite hard to see what they do especially well and yet could have scored 5 in this half.

Bristol City been pathetic since Wells missed the chance for 2-0.

they are quick and direct 

not sure if i’d rather them or leeds in the playoffs 

Wouldn’t surprise me if we seriously underwhelm tomorrow now. Not a whole lot to gain and everything to lose. Playing second is shit sometimes 

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Tbh their intensity is on a different level. If we turn up to their place like we did Vs Millwall and Hull we will get soundly beaten.

I don't think it really matters, all three of them are better than us, we won't be overtaking any of them now.  It's the glory of the playoffs now or a very long time in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, obelisk said:

Need another 6 points this week. Nothing less will do if we're going to keep up with the top two. This league is relentless.

Very much this. Bloody Ipswich making a real fight of it. 

When we lost 4 in Sept it took 4 months and 20+ unbeaten to get back into it.

We've just lost another 3 and only have 11 games left.

Autos look gone, prepare for the playoffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cabrone said:

When we lost 4 in Sept it took 4 months and 20+ unbeaten to get back into it.

We've just lost another 3 and only have 11 games left.

Autos look gone, prepare for the playoffs.

And yet come Saturday everyone will be saying how we really need Leeds and Ipswich to lose. Any of the teams in it could suddenly go four without a win, nothing's over until we're out of it mathematically.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

And yet come Saturday everyone will be saying how we really need Leeds and Ipswich to lose. Any of the teams in it could suddenly go four without a win, nothing's over until we're out of it mathematically.

They’re not losing. Ipswich have only lost four all season.

The only way we are going to make a difference is to beat all three of them when we play them, can anybody really see us doing that, I think the exact opposite is likely to happen, our record against sides in the top half is not good.

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Most likely to be us though, let’s be honest!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Micky said:

The only way we are going to make a difference is to beat all three of them when we play them, can anybody really see us doing that, I think the exact opposite is likely to happen, our record against sides in the top half is not good.

we concede too many shit goals is about the long and short of it 

maybe we are too ‘brave’ or not ‘brave’ enough 

it’s very frustrating to be this far off at this stage with the players we have in the squad 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

we concede too many shit goals is about the long and short of it 

maybe we are too ‘brave’ or not ‘brave’ enough 

it’s very frustrating to be this far off at this stage with the players we have in the squad 

Recently we have yes, but thats not been the case over the whole season. We've had good defensive runs in the league (11 clean sheets total) and need another to finish the season

And so do Ipswich, in fact they've conceded more than us, but they're still only 3 points off the top

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Micky said:

I think we will beat Ipswich at their place. 

I don't think you would be able to deny Ipswich and Leicester the top two places if they get them.They have been the best two sides this season for sure.

Out of all the sides the one I'd least like to play in a play off final is Ipswich. 

• Like 2

We are on an awful run and can't really expect to get away with that.

We can try to keep winning to keep the pressure on, but i think we'll have to settle for a playoff place.

It is frustrating because we had worked hard to get ahead of the pack and then totally thrown it away.

Edited by BotleySaint
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Recently we have yes, but thats not been the case over the whole season. We've had good defensive runs in the league (11 clean sheets total) and need another to finish the season

And so do Ipswich, in fact they've conceded more than us, but they're still only 3 points off the top

true regarding ipswich. they seem to play with a greater intensity that gets them out of holes.

we need to look at why we conceded lots of goals in September and February  

35 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Pretty sure people have been saying autos were gone for weeks, not sure why they’re still bothered by the Leeds / Ipswich / Leicester scores.

Frankly, this has been the most interesting season for many years re. Saints.  I love this League - if we go up, fantastic but I'll be quite happy if we stay in the Championship for one more season.

Yes, we'll lose more players but then hopefully the likes of Meghoma, SAA, Dibling and Ballard will get more of a chance.

The Prem is overhyped garbage and we would get tanked most weeks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, washsaint said:

Frankly, this has been the most interesting season for many years re. Saints.  I love this League - if we go up, fantastic but I'll be quite happy if we stay in the Championship for one more season.

Yes, we'll lose more players but then hopefully the likes of Meghoma, SAA, Dibling and Ballard will get more of a chance.

The Prem is overhyped garbage and we would get tanked most weeks.

Yeah but I can’t see you saying this when we turn into the next Stoke. That’s the reality we face. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Pretty sure people have been saying autos were gone for weeks, not sure why they’re still bothered by the Leeds / Ipswich / Leicester scores.

Maybe there are different "people"?

let’s get the defence sorted, fraser fit and keep downes in cotton wool and we have a good chance in the play offs. not sure i’d fancy us against ipswich though - strike me as the sort of team that could run through us and they use the wings very effectively which is our achilles heel playing a 4-3-3 

31 minutes ago, Maggie May said:

Yeah but I can’t see you saying this when we turn into the next Stoke. That’s the reality we face. 

What is this odd obsession with 'the next Stoke'?  We will have one more year of parachute payments and should be strong again next year.  Personally, I will take this entertainment, winning games and proper stadiums and fans over the overhyped, non-competitive Prem.  The only thing going for the Prem is the money.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, washsaint said:

What is this odd obsession with 'the next Stoke'?  We will have one more year of parachute payments and should be strong again next year.  Personally, I will take this entertainment, winning games and proper stadiums and fans over the overhyped, non-competitive Prem.  The only thing going for the Prem is the money.

Agreed Why can’t we be the new Norwich? Promotion regularly and near top of league ever other season. 
Those that go love it in this league those that sit and snipe on match threads hate us doing well . 
If we go up will we be the new Sheffield Utd or Burnley 🙂

8 hours ago, Micky said:

I don't think it really matters, all three of them are better than us, we won't be overtaking any of them now.  It's the glory of the playoffs now or a very long time in the championship.

Exactly the focus now should be on preparation for the play offs. Automatic promotion isn't going to happen , we're not getting above 2 of the top 3. 

7 hours ago, washsaint said:

Sports Republic have been awful owners, and anyone who has confidence in them maintaining a promotion chance without parachute payments, is quite frankly…..nuts

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Sports Republic have been awful owners, and anyone who has confidence in them maintaining a promotion chance without parachute payments, is quite frankly…..nuts

Why? Our academy or players recruitment into it are starting to bear fruit. Why are you writing off Meghoma, SAA , Dibling, Bragg ? Plus a fit The Loch Ness Drogba 🙂

Our best players have been loans why would that stop when we will have moved on the high earners?

we are doomed , doomed Capt Mainwaring

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Maggie May said:

You should read the articles about Stoke, fortunately Saints are not like that, but it will be harder to compete the longer Saints stay in the division.

8 hours ago, Galway saint said:

let’s get the defence sorted, fraser fit and keep downes in cotton wool and we have a good chance in the play offs. not sure i’d fancy us against ipswich though - strike me as the sort of team that could run through us and they use the wings very effectively which is our achilles heel playing a 4-3-3 

Agree they look very good, reacted really strongly last night again, I would much prefer our chances against Leeds.  All of that said, with ten to go it wouldn't surprise me if a team like Preston got into the playoffs and then win it, it's that much of a lottery.

Saints Web view of Ipswich performance - Relentless, always find a way to win - absolutely no way we catch them or beat them in the playoffs.

Saints Web view of same performance if it had been Saints - Into the crucial period of the season, full house against a team in freefall.....and we just didn't turn up. No energy, no creativity and fully deserved to be behind after an hour (would have been 4 or 5 against Leicester, Leeds or Southampton). Get an equaliser out of nothing and managed to concede again - absolutely gutless. A late rally papers over the cracks (again) and let's not talk about the penalty miss (good luck in the playoffs bottling things like that! Lol) but anyone thinking we hold off Leeds and Southampton or beat them at Wembley needs to give their heads a wobble.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tisspahars said:

Saints Web view of Ipswich performance - Relentless, always find a way to win - absolutely no way we catch them or beat them in the playoffs.

Saints Web view of same performance if it had been Saints - Into the crucial period of the season, full house against a team in freefall.....and we just didn't turn up. No energy, no creativity and fully deserved to be behind after an hour (would have been 4 or 5 against Leicester, Leeds or Southampton). Get an equaliser out of nothing and managed to concede again - absolutely gutless. A late rally papers over the cracks (again) and let's not talk about the penalty miss (good luck in the playoffs bottling things like that! Lol) but anyone thinking we hold off Leeds and Southampton or beat them at Wembley needs to give their heads a wobble.

…the same Bristol City who Saints DID fail to turn up against (and Hull and Millwall the following week). The Birmingham result IS papering over the cracks IMO. 

You don’t think we’ve been very poor recently?

16 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

As Ipswich have found out.

Yep, 20+ seasons in divisions 2 & 3 and this season have a chance, although it’s still not certain. Like so many other teams that have dropped from Division 1, if no promotion after the first three seasons it’s difficult to find that promotion winning combination. 

7 minutes ago, Jack said:

…the same Bristol City who Saints DID fail to turn up against (and Hull and Millwall the following week). The Birmingham result IS papering over the cracks IMO. 

You don’t think we’ve been very poor recently?

I don't think I said anything of the sort did I?

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You want to take a look at some other clubs if you think they are awful. And I take it your hard-on has gone about the transfer window you were telling everyone was amazing?