Get Rid Of Goal Music

SaintsLoyal

12 minutes ago, ant said:

We've never struggled with atmosphere and/or limbs after a goal. So it just seems unnecessary. Kinda crushes the genuine reaction.

Yeah really annoying when we scored the winning goal and I realised I needed to cut short my celebration as hearing the music was going to make me miserable again. Fucking goals

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

It's a bit of fun I'd say the majority of the stadium join in on, it lasts like 15 seconds if that, you can still celebrate in your own way whilst also having the music play, why must we bitch and moan about everything. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Oh great! Somehing else to moan about......don't like the goal music......Saints Brass play too slow.....even though it's the speed that it was being sung at yesterday.....attendance announcement...and I am a miserableoldgit.🙄

Attendance announcement ruined the day for me. You are far too cheery

1 minute ago, saintwbu said:

Our home atmosphere has been crap for years, this doesn’t make it worse, arguably it makes it better because people carry on making noise for a bit after the goal celebration. 

Some even wiggle their bottoms as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

What is pathetic when they announce the gate  “ a massive….” Like wow it is 30k

And then people clap, haha. That gets me every time. 

As for the music, it's shit and it spoils the celebration because it comes on while people are still cheering and shouting.

If they are going to have tinpot stuff like this at least wait until people have stopped celebrating ffs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, whelk said:

What is pathetic when they announce the gate  “ a massive….” Like wow it is 30k

44 minutes ago, The Cat said:

And then people clap, haha. That gets me every time. 

Seems like a ‘The Price is Right’/ ‘Generation Game’ mentality being let loose. 

“Had we won today, look at these three points we would have won … but instead …”

Immediate response is to agree with the OP. Don’t like it, just Americanising the game for no purpose.

Have to agree that it’s ‘foam hands’ , crap, really naff, tinpot, and ‘noddy’ even.

Taking my miserable old bastard head off for a minute though, three positives:

1)it does seem to be enjoyed by a fair number, young and old in all sections of the ground 

2)Vastly better than when they used to play ‘I feel good’

3)It must really get on the away fan’s tits, standing in silence having seen their team concede to witness the nauseating spectacle. ( For that purpose alone I was quite content with it yesterday thinking how it would wind those gobbier cunts up).

42 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Announcing the player of the match during the game winds me up more. That’s fucking noddy, I fucking hope to god we don’t do it when we’re losing, as that’s double Noddy.

Can't wait to hear what's triple Noddy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thereisonlyonemickychannon said:

It is a very clever way of control. Stops certain chants being made by the crowd. Also played at the end of a match. Total mind control sheeple.

Yes it's clearly the deep state hard at work, I shall bring a roll of tin foil next week to protect myself.

We (many football clubs) have been playing ‘goal celebration music’ for decades now, this is nothing new. In the Burley seasons we used to play I feel good; I distinctly remember that because about a week after James Brown died, it randomly started playing on the PA, whilst the ball was in play.

Anyway, if we’re going to play anything, I’ll hang my hat on Kernkraft 400, it’s a great tune and a proper stadium anthem. Not exactly American either, Zombie Nation are a German techno ensemble.

• Like 2

Normally I'd be anti it but for some reason, I'm enjoying it so far! We get a chance to properly celebrate the goal, then after around 10-15 seconds it comes on and feels like a chance to act like a dick and enjoy the moment again! Especially if you're near the away supporters!

Edited by the boy from saints
  • Like 1