Coventry 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

Jack

10 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Martin said someone who has been great recently will miss out tonight and said it'll be a difficult conversation. 

Now the team has been announced I'm assuming it's Alcaraz and the conversation was difficult more because he doesn't speak English very well rather than being great.

Edited by stknowle
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Wait until you get inside of the concrete arena…

I came here before when we were in the Championship but that was a Saturday and we did train, taxi and beers. 

Drove tonight, left my car somewhere I'm likely to get a ticket. Probably lose now to top the evening off! At least I'll be able to look back on this in a few months and laugh about it. 

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Looks more like team that was on a loosing streak a few weeks back. Let’s hope all the players at RM’s disposal are able to do a good job. I remain to be convinced, but we’ll find out tonight. COYS!

That's what crossed my mind. Looking to see how many weak links from our slump were in there. 🙂

16 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Now the team has been announced I'm assuming it's Alcaraz and the conversation was difficult more because he doesn't speak English very well rather than being great.

There was a short spell in our last game, where the play stretched. It was perfect for Alcaraz, but he was off by then. He may be able to come on and use his energy to make a real difference tonight. I hope so, anyway.

Alcaraz has been a major disappointment for me so far this season. He has the ability to be a top player at this level but his performances have been patchy at best. I really like the lad and am desperate for him to show us all that he is the player we believe can win us games.....at the moment he just isn't! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Anyone remember how to get red button games on sky go? 

Its on the sky sports app if that’s any help but if you go about halfway down the homepage on Sky Go there’s a “More Live football” heading and it’s there !

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's one of our weakest starting lineups of the season for me... 

Not one that would strike fear in the opposition that's for sure. Still, good for the planet because I expect to see a lot of pointless recycling.

19 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

Moran x 3

Danny x3

Big Frank x 1

David Armstrong (RIP) x 1

What a game that was!

Also RiP Frankie Worthington 😞. I cheered louder for his goal, (a tap in IIRC) than any of the others, absolutely loved the guy. I think this was Moran's first hat trick, and DW let him keep the ball, or it might have been the other way round, it was a long time ago.

There was also the 5-5 a season or so earlier.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spitz said:

Only if you buy the pass though

35 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Anyone remember how to get red button games on sky go? 

I'm stuck at work and have Sky Go but apparently it doesn't support the red button facility. The SS app does apparently so I'm looking into that. My usual stream isn't working so if the SS app doesn't work then I'm reduced to SSNews and BBC website/SaintsWeb.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coventry 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Jimmy_D unpinned this topic