Saints 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday - Saturday 3pm

goodymatt

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Listening to Dean Hammond, you have to wonder how have not won the league already

Being this dominant but only having 1 goal to show for it is the common theme. Not complaining with today’s display, as long as we win it from here 

• Like 2

Dominant first half. Should be 3 or 4 nil, as usual. Great finish by Che. A def penalty not given to us. More cards to come second half I’m sure. Am predicting a penalty to saints also. Law of totting up the fouls. 
Ryan on fire just hope his injury not serious and he plays on second half. SW are massive but ideal for our nippy forwards. 
Do same again we surely must score at least another. SW will need to score two at least to beat us. Not to tempt fate but 100 year recird is 45 minutes plus injury time away….COYS!

Sheffield Weds are a lot like watching us play during the Ralph days. Nice pressure at the start. Ball nearly breaking forwards then increasingly sitting back inviting pressure and playing so narrow that pressure it invited out wide.

Wed get a shot in. That started from us trying a longer, direct pass through the middle. A lot riskier to control and bring others in to, than the pass availalbe out wide. Don;t mind doing it, but when possession is lost, we have to deal with something. Which we're much better at these days.

Bedders trying for a glancing header. Good run there. Just needed a better contact.

They did end up with someone in space there. At least one of our players saw him. However, not for the first game, we seem comfortable knowing the quality of delivery it would take to give that player an excellent chance, and prefer to put more pressure on the ball. No doubt, we'll end up with a few "why was noone picking him up2 moments. But it has been working.

Just now, Maggie May said:

I was met with an add promising to “take your w**k to the next level”.

I’m hoping that means we score a couple more in the second half.

I was hoping it meant Kenzie will be streaking on the pitch.

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Saints 4-0 Sheffield Wednesday - Saturday 3pm
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic