Watford 1-1 Saints - Match Thread

goodymatt

Alcaraz really poor so far but the desperation to hate on a 21 year old South American kid who was probably our only highlight of last season is a bit much.

He's very erratic but he also has the individual quality (Plymouth H) which is why the fans stick by him.

• Like 1

This is shockingly bad.  Alcaraz with the dumbest booking possible.  Bunch of strangers.  Rothwell was a very weird loan signing and looks appalling....but then so do the rest of the team.

This is as bad as it has been for a long time and Watford look like they could score every time they come forward.

• Confused 1

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

Alcaraz really poor so far but the desperation to hate on a 21 year old South American kid who was probably our only highlight of last season is a bit much.

He's very erratic but he also has the individual quality (Plymouth H) which is why the fans stick by him.

It’s only one bloke trying to look like he’s clever, don’t worry

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Not too impressed with Dibling just strolling around.

his `matt le tis' running style is going to frustrate the fuck our of me until he beats three men and curls one in the top corner, which he looks like he might have in him. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how much Martin cares about a cup run at half time. Obviously it's not a priority, but surely he can't be happy with this performance? Then again I thought that at Gillingham and we went down without a fight.

Just now, Monk said:

Alacaraz having a very poor game.

Rothwell stepping it up.

Dibling has a strange sulky demeanour.

Referee is garbage.

I fucking love THB. 

Mara is also garbage 

Just now, Monk said:

Alacaraz having a very poor game.

Rothwell stepping it up.

Dibling has a strange sulky demeanour.

Referee is garbage.

I fucking love THB. 

Rothwell stepping it up?  Really?  He has been terrible IMO.  HIm and CHarles have ceded total control of midfield to Watford

• Like 2

Just now, washsaint said:

Rothwell stepping it up?  Really?  He has been terrible IMO.  HIm and CHarles have ceded total control of midfield to Watford

Yeah, you can see his intensity and comfort has risen. 

gone from being shite to just average now. 

THB about the only player who wouldn't normally be in line to be hooked off. Feel a bit sorry for Adams though, as the ref hasn't got a clue when he's being fouled.

Despite everyone being quite shite, it's only a bit of ladies' goalkeeping separating the sides.

KWP for Holgate, Smallbone for Alacaraz (appalling today!), Fraser for Dibbling (why is he picked ahead of SAA?).

• Like 1

What a terrible, terrible half. Embarrassing performances out there. Alcaraz, Rothwell, Holgate, Doubling, Adams all poor.

Mara has been absolutely shocking. Really wouldn't be against selling him now.

• Like 2

Extremely disappointing from Martin tbh. Historic moment to set new club records, winnable cup tie, decent chance of a good cup run, 5k away fans... and he fooks around like this. Impressive disrespect. Needs to fix it second half.

I will never have any time for saints managers that throw winnable cup games with shit like this. True of Poch vs sunderland, and its certainly true of Martin - who has no right to be cocky about anything yet.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 6

If it hadn't been for that calamity free kick cobblers inside the first 5 minutes we might have been in with a chance of grabbing 0-0 but as it is we'll likely have no interest in the 5th round draw.

Just now, Harry_SFC said:

What a terrible, terrible half. Embarrassing performances out there. Alcaraz, Rothwell, Holgate, Doubling, Adams all poor.

Mara has been absolutely shocking. Really wouldn't be against selling him now.

Lumley should be on that list. If McCarthy lets that in he'd be hung drawn and quartered on here. He basically just waves it past him. Embaressing.  

Just now, Chez said:

Lumley should be on that list. If McCarthy lets that in he'd be hung drawn and quartered on here. He basically just waves it past him. Embaressing.  

Yeah tbf I forgot him. Can't blame me really, forgettable performance.

10 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Trouble is he’s seeing very little of the ball.

He's been in a lot of space at times and been ignored.

Mainly our passing has been poor. There's also a lack of movement when we have possession at the back so there's no really any great options for a pass.

I'm stood at the back behind the goal so can see everything in front of me. 

Was a very poor goal to concede and it's all down to Lumley not opting to have a wall and then misjudging the shot.

I don't really think Watford have been that great, Lumley only made one save.

• Like 1

Making this very easy for Watford so far for obvious reasons. The side we have out there has no composure or much self belief. The passing and movement is very poor and, when we lose the ball, we do not win it back anything like as quickly as our normal first eleven. I know we have non-regulars playing so that explains a lot. However, none of those given a chance to play are showing any skill or desire to make RM want to pick them for the starting eleven in league games. The likes of Lumley, Dibling, Holgate, Rothwell, Alacaraz, Mara and Melohma have all been pretty poor and they don't appear to be busting a gut to impress the manager. I've said before it won't bother me if we lose today and, unless we make some quick changes, it looks as though we will indeed be concentrating on the league. Very shoddy half of football from us.

Not a great half by the Saints, Watford should be 2 or 3 nil up.
Charly, Mara, Charles, Skip, Rothwell, Holgate all clearly lacking game time and rusty as hell.
The Academy boys aren't doing too bad.

I actually don't mind us playing our second string, they obviously need the outing and today is the right day.
Our focus is the league, cup run (if any) is a bonus.

• Sad 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Watford 1-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic