Carlos Alcaraz

Master Bates

1 minute ago, ArgentinianSaint said:

Hi! 

Argentinian and big Racing Club fan here! Following Saints since 2013 and a big fan of the saints aswell.

Alcaraz is a great player, hopefully he will fit in the current squad. Very excited to see Alcaraz making his big move to the PL and to the team I support.

Thanks for your input. I've never seen Alcaraz play, is there anyone in the current European leagues you could compare him with? Is he another Alexis Mac Alistair, or more of a Leandro Perades or Rodrigo De Paul type?

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Thanks for your input. I've never seen Alcaraz play, is there anyone in the current European leagues you could compare him with? Is he another Alexis Mac Alistair, or more of a Leandro Perades or Rodrigo De Paul type?

He is not like Mac All nor Paredes. He does not have that game vision like the two mentioned. His strenght is mainly his dribbling and his forward playing, he tends to make the midfield more dinamic by getting the ball and carrying it to the opposition's side. He has scored some goals as well, great header. 

His main strenght I would say it is, like we say in argentina, that he has some big balls. Despite being young, he is a born leader, he tends to carry his team forward and he is one of Racing's most liked. He scored the last penalty at Maracana's shotout against Flamengo in Copa Libertadores, and last month he scored the winning goal in the cup final against Boca. He is a good signing, hopefully he will acquire that mental skills that paredes and de paul got in Europe. 

• Like 29

1 minute ago, ArgentinianSaint said:

He is not like Mac All nor Paredes. He does not have that game vision like the two mentioned. His strenght is mainly his dribbling and his forward playing, he tends to make the midfield more dinamic by getting the ball and carrying it to the opposition's side. He has scored some goals as well, great header. 

His main strenght I would say it is, like we say in argentina, that he has some big balls. Despite being young, he is a born leader, he tends to carry his team forward and he is one of Racing's most liked. He scored the last penalty at Maracana's shotout against Flamengo in Copa Libertadores, and last month he scored the winning goal in the cup final against Boca. He is a good signing, hopefully he will acquire that mental skills that paredes and de paul got in Europe. 

Thanks for that, ok sounds like he's more of an AMC then rather than a conventional CM. We do need legs in the attacking third of the midfield to do just what you say though, drive forward and carry the team into the opposition half. I would argue we are still crying out for a more physical deeper lying CM though.

Character is a plus, will be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt. Long contract until 2027 too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Thanks for that, ok sounds like he's more of an AMC then rather than a conventional CM. We do need legs in the attacking third of the midfield to do just what you say though, drive forward and carry the team into the opposition half. I would argue we are still crying out for a more physical deeper lying CM though.

Character is a plus, will be interesting to see how quickly he can adapt. Long contract until 2027 too.

I see him adapting quickly, hope that aswell. 

I agree that it is a player that the current saints squad needs, it will be good for the team a young fresh player for the remaining season. If he adapts quickly, he will be a great signing. Lot of potential too. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Lavia, Edozie and Bazunu are all to 2027, Lis too, for some reason.

5 minutes ago, ArgentinianSaint said:

I see him adapting quickly, hope that aswell. 

I agree that it is a player that the current saints squad needs, it will be good for the team a young fresh player for the remaining season. If he adapts quickly, he will be a great signing. Lot of potential too. 

he looks like he has the technical ability. I bet other technically gifted players like Lavia will take to him straight away, help him settle quickly and he'll then be a starter in no time at all. Hopefully his fitness isn't too bad. Its been a long time since he last played.

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

So we're buying in compatriots.

Orsic (Caleta Car)

Alcaraz (Caballero)

Easy for assimilation into the squad.

No idea if he speaks English, but while not buying compatriots, they will of course be pretty important to get them settled and up and running. A pretty huge upheaval for an 18 year old to make.

Lavia, JWP and this lad in a central 3 seems like it could be a thing.

Grateful for any and all players we can get. But at 19 and coming from South America, plus Not having played a competitive game since early November, he’s likely going to need time. So I hope we don’t rush him.

19 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Ffs he's back?!

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, angelman said:

No idea if he speaks English, but while not buying compatriots, they will of course be pretty important to get them settled and up and running. A pretty huge upheaval for an 18 year old to make.

There’s a few Spanish speakers at the club, I’m sure I read Nathan Jones speaks Spanish, he certainly played there in his career. Ruben Selles and Juan Larios obviously, and Lyanco will be able to converse. And big Willy as mentioned, perhaps others too.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, angelman said:

Larios will be key here. Closer to his age. Good to have Cabellero offering a bit of experience too though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Grateful for any and all players we can get. But at 19 and coming from South America, plus Not having played a competitive game since early November, he’s likely going to need time. So I hope we don’t rush him.

He's 20. but you are spot on. However, I have a feeling he will jump straight in and thrive.

14 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

There’s a few Spanish speakers at the club, I’m sure I read Nathan Jones speaks Spanish, he certainly played there in his career. Ruben Selles and Juan Larios obviously, and Lyanco will be able to converse. And big Willy as mentioned, perhaps others too.

Yeah well remembered he does I remember reading that as well.

12 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Yeah well remembered he does I remember reading that as well.

Played for Numancia and another side I think. Will make telling him to chase long balls easy. 

Edited by Colinjb

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

your wish is my command 

Appears promising on there, although doubt some of his free kicks will creep in against GK in England as they did there.

Look forward to seeing him play, expecting some fireworks and dramatics along the way though. 

I expect Adam Blackmore is at home practicing :  " goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll ... !

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

There’s a few Spanish speakers at the club, I’m sure I read Nathan Jones speaks Spanish, ...

1 hour ago, Chez said:

My Spanish is woeful:

The next stage is Southampton and the Premier League. What expectations do you have?

Dunno mate, but the manager speaks Spanish and has promised me a night out in Merthyr if we stay up...

Have updated the translation

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

Appears promising on there, although doubt some of his free kicks will creep in against GK in England as they did there.

Look forward to seeing him play, expecting some fireworks and dramatics along the way though. 

I expect Adam Blackmore is at home practicing :  " goooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll ... !

Don't think he'll be on free kicks with JWP and Orsic around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Prepare for a mind f*ck. 

A contract till 2027 is only 4 years long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Prepare for a mind f*ck. 

A contract till 2027 is only 4 years long. 

Yeah I don't know where time is going at the moment!

It feels like only yesterday I was watching Bales debut. Now he's retired, and David Beckham's son has rocked up at Brentford FFS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It feels like only yesterday I was watching Bales debut. Now he's retired, and David Beckham's son has rocked up at Brentford FFS.

Ian Wright's grandson playing for Stoke is the real kicker for me, he's not even a kid either, 21 now. I swear grandpa was scoring at The Dell last week.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Can anyone translate the rest? 

Alcatraz is leaving Racing....its not goodbye, just see you later

Or something very similar...sorry didn't see the whole thing had already been done

Edited by jimmer42

4 hours ago, The Kraken said:

I agree - but Jones absolutely rims a good 5-2-3 sadly...

Edited by Saint86

Looks like a solid signing on the face of it. Young Argentinian talent that should fit in nicely with what we are doing here. Do still think we need a veteran on this club to help us going forward, but can understand why they got this kid. Welcome Carlos.

1 minute ago, verlaine1979 said:

Seems a bit reminiscent of Oscar who used to play for Chelsea? 

I despise Chelsea and everything thing stand for, but yes if he is anything like how Oscar performed for them, then all Saints fans will be very happy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

His brother Brooklyn was at Arsenal academy for a while. My son reffed him at Staplewood.

A player living on his dad’s reputation and very very average and saw better in many tyro games.

Was fun listening to parents whinge why their son was subbed and he stayed on.

• Haha 2

Heard Tim Vickery this morning talking about Alcaraz and the Argentinian chap Brighton have just signed.

He said Alcaraz makes well timed late runs into the box, similar to how Lampard did. Also said he's a bit of a wild child!

I'm sure Nathan's religiousness will calm him down.

26 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Don’t forget the Maya Yoshida link. Expect one or two from

Japan’s World Cup side to come on board. 

I know he's only been at Munchengladbach since the summer, but Ko Itakaru would surely tick multiple boxes. Former Man City. International Central Defender. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Kraken said:

I think you're right about Jones speaking Spanish but I am not sure Lyanco does? I'm not sure there are any senior Spanish speaking players other than Willy. So Jones, Willy, and Selles? Larios obviously does, but hard to call him a senior player lets be honest - barely involved. All in all, hopefully he speaks some english?

Edited by Saint86

2 hours ago, petermcpete said:

Lyanco will speak Portuguese, which is similar to Spanish but not the same. Should be able to communicate on a basic level though.

All Portuguese will tell you Spanish is very poor Portuguese 😁

For both, each written is easier to decipher than spoken - main thing is Jones will be able to communicate in football Spanish. 

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Larios obviously does, but hard to call him a senior player lets be honest - barely involved. All in all, hopefully he speaks some english?

keep in mind that the 90 minutes of football is just a small part of the working week. Larios is a fully fledged member of the first team, so he will be fully involved in all activities - training, meetings, travel etc. so there will be a Spanish speaker alongside him at work and maybe more importantly outside of work too. Let's hope the get along.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Carlos Alcaraz