Carlos Alcaraz

Master Bates

Hopefully Alcaraz is the creativity and drive through central midfield that we've badly needed since... a depressingly long time ago. It's a gamble, but we can't afford south american talent that's already proven in Europe, so if we want those gems we have to find them ourselves.

Sign a striker, and suddenly the team looks well balanced for 4-2-3-1 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Hopefully Alcaraz is the creativity and drive through central midfield that we've badly needed since... a depressingly long time ago. It's a gamble, but we can't afford south american talent that's already proven in Europe, so if we want those gems we have to find them ourselves.

Sign a striker, and suddenly the team looks well balanced for 4-2-3-1 

his YouTube clips imply he is forward thinking in the middle of the pitch, but clips only show 99.5% of one's play.

I am going to choose to keep a positive mindset, which only seems to occur during transfer windows lately when i look back over the last year. - On pitch performance, however, has created a different mindset altogether.

Edited by SaintTex

22 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

I don’t see how he’s the tough tackling midfielder we need. i’ve heard he’s aggressive but from the clips he seems nothing more than a flair luxury player. 

Think I read somewhere he can be a headcase, and his antics sparked a massive brawl in one match. 

Which is great, I've always wanted a return to the Alehouse days. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Think I read somewhere he can be a headcase, and his antics sparked a massive brawl in one match. 

Which is great, I've always wanted a return to the Alehouse days. 

Most Argentinians are tough and can dish it out a bit. I suspect this guy won’t be any different.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

We've finally signed Carlos Kickaball!  I've been waiting fucking years to use that cliché.  Ordinarily I'd be all over this signing - young South American flair player I've never heard of - it's every transfer fans dream.  Hopefully he's good but without a decent striker then I can't see it making much difference.

• Haha 2

Not going to pretend to know anything about him but I really wanted a winger & 8 this window and they’ve done that pretty quick. We’re still absolutely in need of a striker & cover for Lavia, we’ll see how that goes.

I’d hope this means we’re planning on playing the 4-3-3 long term, but we’ll see.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Can anyone translate the rest? 

My Spanish is woeful:

Start with the sentimental part, this farewell is difficult because what I love the most is my family and leaving now without them is going to be difficult, but I know that soon I will have them with me.

This is a surprise?

The truth is that I was about to start training and they told me that everything was closed and that I had to leave because I had a flight now at 2:30 p.m. I'm about to leave Racing to follow my dream.

There was a lot of talk in each transfer market about a possible transfer. Do you think it was the right moment? 

I really don't know. I know I'm going to miss racing a lot. I'm going to miss the club a lot because it's my home. I'm really going to miss the day to day with my teammates the people who made me feel great.

So its farewell, unbeatable, not with a title, but with a very important goal?

Yes, yes, amazing, that you tell me if I had thought like that, maybe not, but I didn't think that goal was going to be the last in racing, but I think that there was no better way than that to end it, that's how it seems to me anyway. We were very close, it was very close, but today I talked to my teammates and I know that they are going to give it 100% to grab that title, we really deserve it, so a lot of good luck to them.

The next stage is Southampton and the Premier League. What expectations do you have?

The PremierLeague is a great league. I know I'm going to have to work hard, play against the best rivals, the expectations are good because I know that I have to earn my place, as at Racing, so that will be beautiful.

What do you want to say to the racing fans?

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart because these two years have always made me feel very, very comfortable despite the occasional bitch that I received, they were always very good to me and my family for their treatment, so it's not goodbye but see you later and I hope to see the pros

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

My Spanish is woeful:

Start with the sentimental part, this farewell is difficult because what I love the most is my family and leaving now without them is going to be difficult, but I know that soon I will have them with me.

This is a surprise?

The truth is that I was about to start training and they told me that everything was closed and that I had to leave because I had a flight now at 2:30 p.m. I'm about to leave Racing to follow my dream.

There was a lot of talk in each transfer market about a possible transfer. Do you think it was the right moment? 

I really don't know. I know I'm going to miss racing a lot. I'm going to miss the club a lot because it's my home. I'm really going to miss the day to day with my teammates the people who made me feel great.

So its farewell, unbeatable, not with a title, but with a very important goal?

Yes, yes, amazing, that you tell me if I had thought like that, maybe not, but I didn't think that goal was going to be the last in racing, but I think that there was no better way than that to end it, that's how it seems to me anyway. We were very close, it was very close, but today I talked to my teammates and I know that they are going to give it 100% to grab that title, we really deserve it, so a lot of good luck to them.

The next stage is Southampton and the Premier League. What expectations do you have?

The PremierLeague is a great league. I know I'm going to have to work hard, play against the best rivals, the expectations are good because I know that I have to earn my place, as at Racing, so that will be beautiful.

What do you want to say to the racing fans?

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart because these two years have always made me feel very, very comfortable despite the occasional bitch that I received, they were always very good to me and my family for their treatment, so it's not goodbye but see you later and I hope to see the pros

Thanks Chez, much appreciated!

Sounds like it’s difficult for him to leave his club, I hope he’s ready to make an impact for us quickly.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

What makes him any more exciting than the teenagers we've signed from City?

played 80 odd games for Racing, so has played senior football. Not sure that makes him more exciting, but it's what is different from those signings. So more of an ABK type signing than an Edozie.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Carlos Alcaraz