Saints 1-2 Millwall - Match Thread

ErwinK1961

Saints are far too easy to defend against. They take so long to attack the defence has all the time in the world to get themselves organised.

Two rows of five and mark the wingers very tight. Hardly rocket science.

Very disappointing at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, Micky said:

Looking at the bright side our possession has gone up from 80 to 82% this half, Russ will be over the moon.

Yep we will have lost because we weren’t brave enough. That’s always the reason for losing, never his dull as dishwater tactics 

So, it seems to me we have conceded 2 goals from mistakes, and have missed a few sitters. 

I think the issue we have had is that our bad luck seems to all come in bursts. It's very easy to get behind the football we play when we are winning, but is also very easy to criticise when we're not. 

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Russell Martin post match interview prediction:
”I’m so proud of the lads”.

Possession was off the scale and that's all we aim for! 

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

So, it seems to me we have conceded 2 goals from mistakes, and have missed a few sitters. 

I think the issue we have had is that our bad luck seems to all come in bursts. It's very easy to get behind the football we play when we are winning, but is also very easy to criticise when we're not. 

It’s not the football, it’s the stupid team selection by the manager. Stephen’s trying to play a hybrid number 10/Cb role, KWP on the left just both haven’t worked. Stupid experiments. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dman said:

It’s not the football, it’s the stupid team selection by the manager. Stephen’s trying to play a hybrid number 10/Cb role, KWP on the left just both haven’t worked. Stupid experiments. 

And at the worst possible time. He doesn’t know his fucking best 11 and we’re nearly in March, ridiculous. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dman said:

And yet this was what was called for last week by many fans as Manning and Rothwell were shite. 

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

And yet this was what was called for last week by many fans as Manning and Rothwell were shite. 

If you can show me a single post which suggests THB at right back, Stephen’s at CB playing higher than our midfield and KWP at Left back, I’ll be amazed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Who are the many fans who called for Stephens to play as a hybrid number 10/CB with KWP on the left? Don't recall reading that on here.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-2 Millwall - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic