Ipswich 3-2 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

40 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

looks like a good list to me , but I would be more concerned about 6, 7 and 8  if the shoot-out goes beyond 5. 

It's academic as we will probably not get to the pay offs.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

He hasn’t really dropped KWP surely? 👀

Just back from a muscle injury and intense schedule. Is surely due to that.

Strong team, strong bench.

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

If kwp isn't injured then ffs... 

It's fairly obviously fitness related, one way or another. Clearly he has been assessed as not ready to play twice in four days.

2 hours ago, benjii said:

Some of you lot are very miserable.

We are less likely to finish in the top 2 than the teams above us but the reality is that if we win all of our remaining games we will finish top 2 (probably first).

And if we win today, confidence will be up.

I'm not saying we will do this, but we're certainly not at the "give up" stage yet. 

You won’t find an older average age of snowflakes / melts anywhere else on the tinternets. 

1 minute ago, Viking Saint said:

Best RB in the league on the bench, a RB at LB at a CB at RB. WTAF?!?

It remains to be seen where exactly they line up on the pitch but who would you rather played? Manning?

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It's fairly obviously fitness related, one way or another. Clearly he has been assessed as not ready to play twice in four days.

Wouldn’t be on the bench if he wasn’t fit.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

And at the end of the season we finish fourth.

Any chance you could repeat this every 47 minutes just in case someone misses it? Cheers 👍😉

GIF by Bradford City AFC

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

You won’t find an older average age of snowflakes / melts anywhere else on the tinternets. 

Unless you visit every football fans forum of course.

• Like 2

KWP probably our best player but like others I expect he's been assessed as needing a break. He looked a little off his high standards on Friday, not as dynamic. If he was close to missing a game then Boro would have been better but who knows if we had the knowledge to make that call, I doubt it. Not been dropped. 

We're putting out a strong team today and should give them a game. 

2 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

What is a melt?  I’ve only heard it on one of those shitty hooligan films.

16 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

He hasn’t really dropped KWP surely? 👀

14 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

If kwp isn't injured then ffs... 

13 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Just back from a muscle injury and intense schedule. Is surely due to that.

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Fingers crossed we don't get an early injury and have to call upon him then... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wade Garrett said:

Wouldn’t be on the bench if he wasn’t fit.  

If he is assessed as not able to play 90mins without perceived high risk then bench is exactly where he would be.

Just like stacks of other players who are returning/have just returned from injuries.

Probably the exact same as why Fraser was on the bench on Friday.

1 minute ago, Dusic said:

If he is assessed as not able to play 90mins without perceived high risk then bench is exactly where he would be.

Just like stacks of other players who are returning/have just returned from injuries.

Probably the exact same as why Fraser was on the bench on Friday.

Maybe if that’s correct he should have left him on the bench Friday and played him today…..I mean it’s an old fashioned approach but I’d go with playing your best players in your tougher more important matches? 

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beatlesaint said:

Maybe if that’s correct he should have left him on the bench Friday and played him today…..I mean it’s an old fashioned approach but I’d go with playing your best players in your tougher more important matches? 

Or after the game on Friday they assessed his fitness and decided he couldn’t play another 90 straight away?

1 minute ago, saintstowin said:

KWP probably our best player but like others I expect he's been assessed as needing a break. He looked a little off his high standards on Friday, not as dynamic.

Also his concentration dropped at the end and his marking for their goal was poor.

But let the posters get their sarcastic jokes in. The odd sarcastic comment would be fine but some of them are unremitting and tiresome; it seems their only form of humour.

The sun is out so a leisurely stroll to the only local pub with Sky to watch the game, just hope they've remembered to renew their contract, unlike ast time!

• Like 2

There isn't a cow's arse in all of Suffolk that won't have felt the touch of Che's banjo before this day is done. Mark my words 

Edited by coalman

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Or after the game on Friday they assessed his fitness and decided he couldn’t play another 90 straight away?

So the manager’s quote that KWP and Frazer were back, like they’ve never been away and are ready for the run in was incorrect then? Ok

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ipswich 3-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic