Ipswich 3-2 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Maybe if that’s correct he should have left him on the bench Friday and played him today…..I mean it’s an old fashioned approach but I’d go with playing your best players in your tougher more important matches? 

Perhaps it was hoped that he would be able to play both games but having assessed his fitness since Boro it has been decided that on the balance of things, it's better in the long run to have him on the bench. All the matches are important, they're all worth three points.

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Perhaps it was hoped that he would be able to play both games but having assessed his fitness since Boro it has been decided that on the balance of things, it's better in the long run to have him on the bench. All the matches are important, they're all worth three points.

Except the ones with the bonus point for possession ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It's fairly obviously fitness related, one way or another. Clearly he has been assessed as not ready to play twice in four days.

Heard they're worried about Moore and want someone more physical in defence to mark the lump. Not too sure about that, but apparently that's the theory.

KWP has only just come back from injury so we got to carefully manage him with a turnaround in such a short space of time. Don't get how people can't see this. 

Edited by davefizzy14

16 minutes ago, Block41 Saint said:
15 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Wouldn’t be on the bench if he wasn’t fit.  

THB at RB by the looks of it. KWP on the bench. 

He did not take on his man much if at all on Sat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davefizzy14 said:

KWP has only just come back from injury so we got to carefully manage him with a turnaround in such a short space of time. Don't get how people can't see this. 

We need to save him for the more important play off games 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It remains to be seen where exactly they line up on the pitch but who would you rather played? Manning?

I'd rather play a RB, like Bree, at RB, and a CB at LB as that's only one out of our four defenders playing out of position.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Heard they're worried about Moore and want someone more physical in defence to mark the lump. Not too sure about that, but apparently that's the theory.

Can't be true... Russ has previously said "we play the way and don't change to accommodate perceived strengths in the opposition" (words to that effect)... Although he has also previously admitted to over-thinking team selections at times....

• Like 1

Regardless of KWP fitness etc, quite why he’s insisting on breaking up the THB and Bednarek partnership is beyond comprehension, and ties in with our drop of form. Idiotic, if unsurprising, by Martin. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

To be honest KWP didn't look all that on Friday. I'm not overly surprised at him being benched, though it is a shame.

Anyone any idea what has happened to Shea Charles? Seems like a good bench option if fit.

The team picker tombola strikes again.

Che can't hit the broad side of a barn, and we're playing the tractor boys, something about farms, I don't know it seems clever when I started typing this shite out 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Regardless of KWP fitness etc, quite why he’s insisting on breaking up the THB and Bednarek partnership is beyond comprehension, and ties in with our drop of form. Idiotic, if unsurprising, by Martin. 

It's utterly bizarre

I've tried to back RM throughout the year but the insistence on this in particular is fucking stupidity 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Promoted by an idiot manager….

Ok then. 

It’s the bare minimum with this squad, wouldn't change the fact he’s made plenty of idiotic decisions along the way. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Can people honestly not figure out why a player who's been injured for a month isn't starting his 2nd game in 3 days?

I know.  If you can’t see this is the only way to shoehorn Jack into the side there must be something wrong with you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

Stephens is forever losing his man in the box.

• Like 1

He keeps playing with defence as if he  doesn’t know what to do. The problem is the tactics. Our full backs are too far advanced along with our midfield which leaves huge gaps for the opponents to exploit. We concede far too often. We also appear not to mark up which is very weird. I’m afraid most of our deficiencies are down to a lack of coaching and tactics.

We don’t seem to coach composure either ….

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Can people honestly not figure out why a player who's been injured for a month isn't starting his 2nd game in 3 days?

Some of the people on this forum post as if they've been following football for about 3 weeks. 

24 minutes ago, LGTL said:

This with big knobs on. Totally get KWP needs to be managed carefully and I've no problem with Stephens. However play him at RB and Bree at LB. This is not where our major problems lie

THB and Bednarek at CB - 19 goals conceded in 22 games 

Any other CB partnership - 29 goals in 15 games. 

To have them fit and available and not pick them together is ridiculous. 

37 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Don't let logic and reason get in the way of a good meltdown.

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Sky showing the lineup at Stephens LB, Bree RB. 

Actual lineup……looks like they’re right.

Stephens appears to have a free role. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ipswich 3-2 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic