CSA96 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago (edited) To be fair there were some similar grumbles about the recruitment not really being addressed in some key areas around the same time last year, then Fernandes moved right near the end of August and we signed Jander, Azaz and Fellows all in the same day - with Scienza following on deadline day - and it seemed to go away I presume it's going to be the same sort of thing with Spors where we will make some more decent signings that he has had on the back burner for a while, just towards the end of the month using the money from Charles (and maybe THB/Jander/Scienza, if one or more of them suddenly move on) Just annoying that the transfer window works in this way (especially when you're not at the top of the pecking order) and you then have to wait until after the September international break before your squad/team really starts to settle down and gel properly Edited 8 hours ago by CSA96
hypochondriac Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago 8 minutes ago, CSA96 said: To be fair there were some similar grumbles about the recruitment not really being addressed in some key areas around the same time last year, then Fernandes moved right near the end of August and we signed Jander, Azaz and Fellows all in the same day - with Scienza following on deadline day - and it seemed to go away I presume it's going to be the same sort of thing with Spors where we will make some more decent signings that he has had on the back burner for a while, just towards the end of the month using the money from Charles (and maybe THB/Jander/Scienza, if one or more of them suddenly move on) Just annoying that the transfer window works in this way (especially when you're not at the top of the pecking order) and you then have to wait until after the September international break before your squad/team really starts to settle down and gel properly That may well be the case. Just frustrating that the main advantage we had over our slow start last year was that we had a more settled squad and a better chance to settle in with a winning mentality. That's not really going to be the case if we lose a load of players at the last minute and replace them all with players who haven't been here over preseason. I know it can't be helped but as you say it's frustrating.
qwertyell Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago 12 minutes ago, CSA96 said: To be fair there were some similar grumbles about the recruitment not really being addressed in some key areas around the same time last year, then Fernandes moved right near the end of August and we signed Jander, Azaz and Fellows all in the same day - with Scienza following on deadline day - and it seemed to go away I presume it's going to be the same sort of thing with Spors where we will make some more decent signings that he has had on the back burner for a while, just towards the end of the month using the money from Charles (and maybe THB/Jander/Scienza, if one or more of them suddenly move on) But we still did a poor job of it that needed rectifying in January. 2
CSA96 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago 4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said: That may well be the case. Just frustrating that the main advantage we had over our slow start last year was that we had a more settled squad and a better chance to settle in with a winning mentality. That's not really going to be the case if we lose a load of players at the last minute and replace them all with players who haven't been here over preseason. I know it can't be helped but as you say it's frustrating. Totally agree with you. Still wish there was a way to get the federations to unify around an early cut-off for transfers, but with all the calendars sitting slightly differently, it won't happen. Either that or find a way of capping the ins/outs once the games start
Saint86 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago (edited) 7 minutes ago, hypochondriac said: That may well be the case. Just frustrating that the main advantage we had over our slow start last year was that we had a more settled squad and a better chance to settle in with a winning mentality. That's not really going to be the case if we lose a load of players at the last minute and replace them all with players who haven't been here over preseason. I know it can't be helped but as you say it's frustrating. Its one defeat Hypo, relax. This squad will get wins as it is, its far more settled than what we had this time last season, and we know its good for the league - and if we lose a couple and buy a couple, we can only really have faith in Spors at this point... he bought in Azaz, Jander, Scienza, Peretz, Larin, Fellows, Roerslev, Dobbin after all - Those are all good players for this level and the only blot on his copybook is Downs for me. Edited 8 hours ago by Saint86 1
qwertyell Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago 2 hours ago, goodymatt said: Down to the Zs already. When they tell us to fuck off too, do we start again with Aarhus? 7
CSA96 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago (edited) 15 minutes ago, qwertyell said: But we still did a poor job of it that needed rectifying in January. Yeah true, I think at the time I was saying how maddening it was that we were attempting another season just flip-flopping between Bazunu and McCarthy and people felt that would be just fine. A new GK should've been a priority last summer. That said, we tried for Peretz then and he went to Hamburg, only to end up with us in January, so it kind of worked out... The striker position was a bit more of a muddled mess. We actually did spend a decent fee for the level (£7m) we just unfortunately spent it on Damion Downs. Then Still kept playing Armstrong as a lone striker, stumbled onto a solution with Stewart as the lone striker and overplayed him to the point he was back in the treatment room Edited 8 hours ago by CSA96
Saint86 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago (edited) 1 hour ago, hypochondriac said: I think if you ignore the pr stuff from the club, players would obviously be very pissed off with the situation and maybe there was more private unrest or requests to leave than we know about. Publically it's been all united and going for automatics but if what Pilchards says is correct and they all want out then I don't see how it can be as united as is claimed. Yeah, Peretz and Larin signed as a PR stunt and they really don't want to be here. They've actually got a gentlemen's agreement in place that we'll sell them on by the end of the window. Meanwhile Solak's running around threatening to leave horseheads under their duvets if they let slip. It's dark days in the SFC dressing room... Won't laugh if that actually happens 🙃 Edited 8 hours ago by Saint86 1
Draino76 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Leo Scienza has started following Imran Louza on insta 👀 1
Bob60 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, Draino76 said: Leo Scienza has started following Imran Louza on insta 👀 Oh no Leo is going to Watford🤣🤣🤣 1 2
Weston Super Saint Posted 44 minutes ago Posted 44 minutes ago 8 hours ago, Disco Stu said: How much are we paying them? No idea. Still a bargain though.
Lee On Solent Saint Posted 39 minutes ago Posted 39 minutes ago 9 hours ago, macca155 said: Problem is you need a reasonable back up on defence. Most defenders serve a ban or get injured at some point. Championship sides cannot afford to have a top quality defender sitting on the bench. Jack serves that purpose as and when needed. I'd prefer a youngster but Jack is probably as good as we'll get as back up. Wood I think, is more front line and is prepared to attack the ball. You need that in the Championship. He was a fixture last year l, so I'm surprised he isn't being used. I certainly think he is a player who improves with game time. Yep he can bollox it at times, can't everybody, but you have to use the resources available. I get that. But essentially we have one defender in THB that would be a automatic starter for a promotion rival. The likes of Wood, Stephens and Quarshie wouldn't be. We are using back up players as starters. 1
hypochondriac Posted 39 minutes ago Posted 39 minutes ago 7 hours ago, Saint86 said: Its one defeat Hypo, relax. This squad will get wins as it is, its far more settled than what we had this time last season, and we know its good for the league - and if we lose a couple and buy a couple, we can only really have faith in Spors at this point... he bought in Azaz, Jander, Scienza, Peretz, Larin, Fellows, Roerslev, Dobbin after all - Those are all good players for this level and the only blot on his copybook is Downs for me. It's got nothing to do with the defeat. That's irrelevant.
Challenger Posted 22 minutes ago Posted 22 minutes ago 10 hours ago, goodymatt said: Here's me thinking it's down to him being shit and nobody wants him, when actually the marketing department has fucked up with the advertising.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now