Ron Koeman

Saint Fan CaM

Tell Everton fans, if Barcelona come calling at anytime he will be off.

His job is clearly to leave Everton in a strong position, if he does that and raises the clubs profile while a new stadium is being put in place then Everton themselves will be in a great position to attract a strong manager every time, I'm sure their club is aware of that. If Barcelona come calling you leave, no matter what club you're at.

IMHO Koeman is leaving for ONE reason

AMBITION

He said recently that he would be having talks with the Owners, to see if their Ambitions Matched his

Obviously, they don't, so he's going to go to a BIGGER Club, who DO have Ambition

I don't blame him one bit, I blame the Owners

Shame on them

Are you suggesting that he was going in any case....regardless of the Everton "offer?"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The usual suspects coming out I see, trying desperately to still validate their opinions from 2 years ago. Bit weird, but I guess some people cannot accept they were wrong and move on with their lives.

Sooner or later we will have a bad season and they'll be like flies around ****.

The usual suspects coming out I see, trying desperately to still validate their opinions from 2 years ago. Bit weird, but I guess some people cannot accept they were wrong and move on with their lives.

Your opinion means no more than theirs. Just because you post every day doesn't mean you are right.

Sounds like The Pompy way of selling a dream

I did suggest that earlier but got shot down. ? But it does seem that the plan is based on spend, spend, spend and lots of promises.

Wonder how much planning for structure and sustainability is going on?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

His job is clearly to leave Everton in a strong position, if he does that and raises the clubs profile while a new stadium is being put in place then Everton themselves will be in a great position to attract a strong manager every time, I'm sure their club is aware of that. If Barcelona come calling you leave, no matter what club you're at.

Koeman isn't interested in infrastructure. New stadia take years to become reality. Cash is king but at the moment it's all paper talk. Let's see whether the promises are fulfilled. Even if they are, there are significant risks in spending big. Randy Lerner spent big in a tilt at the top four and then Man City came along. Where did that get Villa. I like Koeman and wish him well but he's swapping stability for uncertainty.

Would quite like him to stay but managers come and go. He's not a Saints fan so is gonna be motivated by money and transfer budget. The club have done well in the past managerial appointments and I trust them to do well again. Ideally I would like a bigger name that Eddie Howe, simply because I'm not sure how much pulling power that sort of manager would have. Gonna be another interesting summer, for sure.

Your opinion means no more than theirs. Just because you post every day doesn't mean you are right.

I'm not saying it does, but their opinion was clearly wrong from a year/18 months ago.

I struggled at points 2 years ago to work out what the **** was happening, but it doesn't take a genius to someones take a breather, realise you were wrong and go again. There are some people on this forum who cannot do this.

IMHO Koeman is leaving for ONE reason

AMBITION

He said recently that he would be having talks with the Owners, to see if their Ambitions Matched his

Obviously, they don't, so he's going to go to a BIGGER Club, who DO have Ambition

I don't blame him one bit, I blame the Owners

Shame on them

Oh God, you're back again...

Yes . Exactly that .

Why own a football team in the EPL if all you want to do is avoid debt ?

This is why I don't believe the team when they mention ambition and Champions League . I don't believe for a second that the board really want that as they lack the attitude to fund it .

Its all ******** to fool the fans

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

When does the debt get paid back, this season or ten years time, but then won't you be screaming that we have lost our ambition. What you want is for us to chase the the big boys by spending more than we can afford and what you really want is for someone else to pay for out of their own money. Idiots like you wrap all this up in the word ambition and the throw it around a football forum.

its all ******** to excite other idiot fans.

Instead of crying on here that someone won't bank roll your dreams why don't you and all the other idiots set up a direct debits of a £1000 a month to pay for all these transfers and wages.

On Evertons Swedish fans forum they are now discussing the players that will follow RK - Long, Tadic, Van Dijk and Forester is expected to join - this is offcourse only fans speaking but still so bloody disrespectful behaviour.

If Ronko goes there I hope there is in the agreement that he's not allowed to buy Saints players for a couple of seasons.

I'm not saying it does, but their opinion was clearly wrong from a year/18 months ago.

I struggled at points 2 years ago to work out what the **** was happening, but it doesn't take a genius to someones take a breather, realise you were wrong and go again. There are some people on this forum who cannot do this.

But we got Koeman 2 seasons ago. We won't have him anymore. Who says a new manager will do as well?

When does the debt get paid back, this season or ten years time, but then won't you be screaming that we have lost our ambition. What you want is for us to chase the the big boys by spending more than we can afford and what you really want is for someone else to pay for out of their own money. Idiots like you wrap all this up in the word ambition and the throw it around a football forum.

its all ******** to excite other idiot fans.

Instead of crying on here that someone won't bank roll your dreams why don't you and all the other idiots set up a direct debits of a £1000 a month to pay for all these transfers and wages.

I get that you're not very bright so I will keep the words as short as possible .

I said I don't believe Les Reed when he talks about ambition . I think the board have no interest in it at all .

At no stage did I say they should spend up big to chase the big boys . Just wish they would stop harping on about it .

We won't match Koemans ambition .

May be idiots like you should read posts more carefully

On Evertons Swedish fans forum they are now discussing the players that will follow RK - Long, Tadic, Van Dijk and Forester is expected to join - this is offcourse only fans speaking but still so bloody disrespectful behaviour.

If Ronko goes there I hope there is in the agreement that he's not allowed to buy Saints players for a couple of seasons.

In a couple of seasons he'll ne somewhere else

If he goes, expect the club to dig in its heels even harder to stop an exodus of players to any other clubs. Only Vic will be allowed to leave (and Juanmi).

I get that you're not very bright so I will keep the words as short as possible .

I said I don't believe Les Reed when he talks about ambition . I think the board have no interest in it at all .

At no stage did I say they should spend up big to chase the big boys . Just wish they would stop harping on about it .

Christ, you must be all over the place today. You don't rate Koeman, but clearly you don't like the board either. What on earth is your mind thinking? must be having it's own #metldwon

If he goes, expect the club to dig in its heels even harder to stop an exodus of players to any other clubs. Only Vic will be allowed to leave (and Juanmi).

Poch will have already been in touch with vvd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But we got Koeman 2 seasons ago. We won't have him anymore. Who says a new manager will do as well?

New manager does not as well as Koeman: entirely the boards fault.

New manager does as well or better than Koeman: all in spite of the board.

That'll be about right, right?

Poch will have already been in touch with vvd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes of course. But that doesn't mean that we'll let vvd go, just after signing a longer contract

Maybe you should listen to the club more carefully

"With continual growth and the opening up of the league and the parity of the league everybody has a shot at the Champions League.

It can’t be our expectation yet. That would be arrogant and unjustified –we don’t have a history yet to justify that kind of demand, but that we are striving for that over time is logical."

That's our much maligned chairman seems a good attitude to have ambition is there but it will be done in a careful measured way.

Of course if you think the board are lairs it doesn't really matter what they say.

About this new owner of theirs, loaded up with "ambition".

Remind us who all these wealthy Middle Eastern Arab billionaires are that keep shovelling their own cash by the truckload into football clubs? I'm talking about wealthy businessmen, not state-owned corporations like Qatar Airways, or Etihad, or Emirates. I remember Pompey had a couple. And I think Leeds have got one. Notts County had "ambition" as well a few years ago.

We do need a 'like' button on this forum.

Really thought Koeman had earned the right to go to a bigger club when leaving us. Disappointed in him. Yes Everton are going to throw some money around after their takeover but so are Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool this summer. All 4 clubs have bigger drawing power than Everton so he will still be shopping in the same market he is at Southampton yet dealing with a squad full of dead wood, questionable team spirit and massively over rated young talents such as Barkley and Stones. I guess he will be earning more money but he risks spoiling his legacy by going to Everton and doing an average job. It just doesn't make sense. See out your contract here and earn yourself a bigger job at a much more prestigious club than Everton.

Yes . Exactly that .

This is why I don't believe the team when they mention ambition and Champions League . I don't believe for a second that the board really want that as they lack the attitude to fund it .

Why do you just crawl off of your lilly pad when things aren't going so well? Just curious.

Really thought Koeman had earned the right to go to a bigger club when leaving us. Disappointed in him. Yes Everton are going to throw some money around after their takeover but so are Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool this summer. All 4 clubs have bigger drawing power than Everton so he will still be shopping in the same market he is at Southampton yet dealing with a squad full of dead wood, questionable team spirit and massively over rated young talents such as Barkley and Stones. I guess he will be earning more money but he risks spoiling his legacy by going to Everton and doing an average job. It just doesn't make sense. See out your contract here and earn yourself a bigger job at a much more prestigious club than Everton.

I couldn't agree more. He only stays 3 years anywhere. So what does he expect to achieve? Top six next season would be unrealistic from the squad he is inheriting. Maybe top six the year after, then final year of contract.....

To be considered successful there, with £100m+ kitty, he needs to win some silverware and go some way into European competition. That's a big big ask

New manager does not as well as Koeman: entirely the boards fault.

New manager does as well or better than Koeman: all in spite of the board.

That'll be about right, right?

Not at all will praise the board for choice.

If (if) he goes I'll have mixed emotions

Positives -

Our end of season form

Our league table finishes last 2 years

Improved Long, Mane and VVD

Negatives -

Early season form and dumped out of Europe very early

Doesn't seem to promote much youth and academy talent drying up

Didn't have a stamped style of play like Mopo or Klopp

If he goes we will have a long list of top quality managers desperate for the job and Reed and Co know how to pick a decent manager.

Either way we will survive and come back stronger next season (I hope)

I couldn't agree more. He only stays 3 years anywhere. So what does he expect to achieve? Top six next season would be unrealistic from the squad he is inheriting. Maybe top six the year after, then final year of contract.....

To be considered successful there, with £100m+ kitty, he needs to win some silverware and go some way into European competition. That's a big big ask

Newcastle's total net spend for the 2015-16 season was just a touch more than £70m, or more than any club bar Manchester City. That ended well, didn't it?

"Everton’s interest in appointing Ronald Koeman was considered so unlikely to tempt the Southampton manager that key figures at the club cannot recall there even being a meeting about it. The polite answer being that they would not expect to lose a player to Everton, and certainly not their manager."

Yes . Exactly that .

Hermit saint crawls out to post some of his "special wisdom"......:lol:

Newcastle's total net spend for the 2015-16 season was just a touch more than £70m, or more than any club bar Manchester City. That ended well, didn't it?

A move to Everton does defy all logic for him, at this stage in his career, unless he wants to stay there for longer than his typical three year stint.

It defies all logic until you put a lot of zeros onto the pay cheque...