Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

But that, surely, is up to the players, right? I can imagine that some deferments will be waived, but why on earth would you agree to a 100% wipeout?

I was not implying that they would directly agree to a 100% wipeout, but agreeing that in n years the club would pay you without any guarantee's is near enough that for all intent and purposes.

I was not implying that they would directly agree to a 100% wipeout, but agreeing that in n years the club would pay you without any guarantee's is near enough that for all intent and purposes.

In the film business there's a contract clause known as 'favoured nations', This means that you do not agree to terms any less favourable than other named individuals. So long as players hold to the same football creditor terms as others making the same claim, they should be both protected (relatively speaking) and can argue that they've have done their bit.

David James on SSN telling players not to rip up contracts as they are entitled to what they've signed for, LOL.

Another Skate legend going against the 'bestestests' fans in the world.'

What a legacy their time in the sun has left.

Right up there with Yarmouth - congrats!

I have an office and warehouse in (Great!) Yarmouth. It IS a ****hole full of fat chavs, pikey traders, has a very high dependency on government handouts, has the 11th highest unemployment in the UK...do you think that this map was an early twinning excercise?

Of course Yarmouth residents know it's a toilet, they have a crap football team and recognise it as such and certainly don't delude themselves that they are special by either definition. To my knowledge said team has never stolen from it's supporters to try to buy success and no manager has ever had a dog with a Monaco bank account so it all falls to pieces a bit in the modern equivalent....but then again it isn't Yarmouth that's falling to pieces!?

A historical conundrum

I appear to have been diatribing on the Telegraph article again:

So rich players are arguing over sums of money most of us can only dream of with rich owners.

Meanwhile, the fans, club staff and local businesses (some of whom will get burned by having thousands of pounds worth of bills unpaid) suffer.

"Fit and proper persons" test, eh?

The FA, the Premier League, the Football League, the PFA and the government are a disgrace.

and so we move on to yet another of the modern myths....

You have to consider the Fit and Proper test as just the MOT of owners. Its just a limited number of tests that checks on things like insolvency events not some moral judgement on the people being tested.

In the same way that you would not buy a car blind because it had an MOT certificate so it was the responsibility of those selling pompey to look deeper than the FAPPT before agreeing to sell the club. Just because CIS passed the FAPPT does not mean they were guaranteed to take over. Those selling the club had an obligation that what they were doing what was best for the club.

At the time there was a copious amount of evidence that CIS were apparently dodgy (e.g. the FSA not granting them a licence for their bank) but nothing that broke the empirical rules of the FAPPT. It should however have rung bells that would, in any normal club, have halted the sale.

Why did it proceed at pompey? Because perhaps no one respectable would touch them and it was only someone wanting to continue the use and abuse cycle at pompey that was prepared to put their (or, as it turns out, lithuanians pensioners) money into the club.

In fact it may well be said that had the FAPPT been more stringent and proactive then pompey would have found themselves without an owner and heading to the rocks several years ago.

Edited by pedg

And the largest claimant... Probably why AA is involved to do a deal with his master.

There's a thought. Has TBH's inflated salary - plus the enormous bonuses he used to earn - simply been a money laundering/debt repayment conduit, involving Pini, Chinny and Gaydamak?

The media (and those still holding onto the emotive reigns as its 'football') need to start by dropping the whole sentimental clap trap simply because we are talking about a football club... they need to stop looking at who is to blame and the fans/media/ignorant fricken morons feeling sorry for the club and fans need to fricken wake up and recognise the simple facts:

2009 - 135m of debt - go bust due to excessive transfer and wage spending to gain promotion and win a cup

2010 - new co pays NOTHING Back to creditors even though they agreed to pay 20%, instead spends money on squad it can still not afford resulting in.....

2012 - going bust with debts of 58mil, and still having not paid a penny to any unsecureded creditor from the previous administration....

That is all there is too it.

The ONLY fair and rational/moral and ethical way to deal with a club like that is to liquidate and let the fans start a new 'clean' club that they can have pride in.

Anything else is simply bowing to sentimentality and ignoring the simple fact that over 100 mil of non secured creditors money has in effect been paid to those who always get paid, in chasing top flight status and cup dreams... NOTHING else matters except these facts.

IF the fans want to use the owners past and present as the reason for the criminal mess, then they should be walking away from the criminal legacy and starting again... otherwise they will be tainted with the same corrupt festuring stench.

Spotted this comment on one of the articles about TBH.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/andronikou-convinced-on-player-compromise-1-4095098

''2old2beg

5:42 PM on 26/07/2012

A cat among the pigeons, maybe, because the story is that Tal Ben Haim is not contracted to PFC but he has a limited company, set up before he joined Pompey for "tax reasons", which is his employer. As such, he is employed as a director by his company and his company has a contract with PFC for his services. Therefore, his "company" stands to lose, as a creditor, and not the amount of money that Mr Ben Haim is claiming is personally owed to him.

Food for thought, eh? But, surely, Mr Birch knows this and, being as astute as we are learning to believe, will handle the matter prudently!''

Kanu is the interesting one. The others will get contracts elsewhere, but he won't due to his age. He has nothing to lose by sticking to his guns.

Kanu being in Nigeria also means he is out of reach of any persons who wish to do him physical harm making him

feel quite safe.Wheras players who live in England will have to keep both eyes open all the time just in case.

Spotted this comment on one of the articles about TBH.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/andronikou-convinced-on-player-compromise-1-4095098

''2old2beg

5:42 PM on 26/07/2012

A cat among the pigeons, maybe, because the story is that Tal Ben Haim is not contracted to PFC but he has a limited company, set up before he joined Pompey for "tax reasons", which is his employer. As such, he is employed as a director by his company and his company has a contract with PFC for his services. Therefore, his "company" stands to lose, as a creditor, and not the amount of money that Mr Ben Haim is claiming is personally owed to him.

Food for thought, eh? But, surely, Mr Birch knows this and, being as astute as we are learning to believe, will handle the matter prudently!''

Very standard practice in the UK. There are hundreds of thousands of these constructions - perfectly above board. Ultimately it doesn't matter whether Tbh is a service provider or employee, the FCR will still apply.

... and yes' date=' if it was us, I would want nothing more to do with the 'official club' and would support a pheonix one.[/quote']

I would have to agree with you FC.

The name of Portsmuff Football Club is so tainted with scandal, dishonesty, immorality and disgrace that if I were in their shoes I would simply be unable to support such an excuse for a club, and instead would pledge my money and support to a new club whatever division it had to start out from.

anyone who thinks that font was a good idea deserves to be liquidated.

And what do all of those characters on the winner of the backward kids' scary poster competition have in common?

fortress fatpipe legends, one and all!

All of them were held up as heroes at one time or other.

Methinks they need to be a bit more selective over who they welcome in.

Though after years of criminality and two insolvency events I guess its a bit late for that sort of advice, even if I was trying to be helpful. :?

The latest PR masterpiece from our friends at the Pompey Trust...

56a13bfd-b649-2c60.jpg

They appear to have cast Chainrai as some sort of god figure, able to summon lightning bolts at will to strike down the plucky few. In fact the whole thing has a "pantheon of the gods" thing going on. Perhaps that's the inner inferiority complex of the average skate showing through.

The problem with all that is that will mean pompey are driving a bus straight through the FCR, which the footballing authorities have been protecting for around a decade now, fighting off HMRC in the courts numerous times.

If pompey destroy the FCR the whole system is completely f*cked...

Hence why the PFA are listed as a major creditor on the CVA committee, they are safeguarding the contracts.

pompey are shattering what little integrity remains in the beautiful game... they really should just liquidate and be forgotten about.

Mind you I am also warm to appys world class development squad starting the campaign. It will be a shock to the big spending skates. Either way I believe and sincerely hope the deluded cheats have a hard reality check on their way.

SHALALA

This.

Top post, hole. :)

@pn_jordan_cross: In The News tomorrow, Kanu lets fly at Trevor Birch and the #Pompey administrator responds with a fascinating proposition.

According to a poster on the Palace forum:

Had lunch with our auditors today who happen to be.....

Anyway, unoficially, the auditors are considering reducing their fees. However the fact that this money is would go to a player is of great discomfort. And would set an unusual precedent.

However it would be best bit of PR, ever in the Audit world.

According to a poster on the Palace forum:

PKF contemplating deferring a portion of their fees to pay Kanu a settlement figure?

Just when you thought this saga couldn't get any weirder...

Edited by trousers

PKF contemplating deferring a portion of their fees to pay Kanu a settlement figure?

Just when you thought this saga couldn't get any weirder...

Not so sure that will be a good PR as far as the other companies they have had in Admin are concerned.

Shows their fees are way to high if they can afford to do that and also IF they did it for other companies

it would have helped the creditors of those companies to get more money back than they did.I also wonder

if other companies they have not helped in that way could have legal redress??

The Portsmouth virus: "the former Birmingham City and Portsmouth player Aliou Cissé, accused Team GB of hypocrisy for complaining about the treatment they received in the game.

"I'm surprised to hear that, coming from Great Britain. They are well known for their physicality and fighting spirit, not Senegal," he said. "I can't say I saw a bad tackle on the pitch. All I saw was my players trying to get the ball in a fair way. There was absolutely no bad tackles on the pitch."

Bestest fans, not our fault, absolutely no bad tackles... aargh, it's catching.

Kanu being in Nigeria also means he is out of reach of any persons who wish to do him physical harm making him

feel quite safe.Wheras players who live in England will have to keep both eyes open all the time just in case.

But I can't see Kanu being a problem for Chinny, if he really has opted to go for litigation. Not much chance of an enforceable judgement within the 2 years Chinny needs to sweep up the remaining PPs.

The bestest fans are in the picture as well. Are they finally admitting their complicity in the fiasco ?

First thing I thought, they seem to be accepting blame for about 50% of it. Also, no players?

56a13bfd-b649-2c60.jpg

I though PFC were still hanging on in there but has one of the few had a premonition of PFC being dead, or they just can't wait?

So when will Appy and his tourist party receive the bad news?

56a13bfd-b649-2c60.jpg

Anybody else feel that Storrie might be issuing a writ for defamation of character to the trust?

After all, the word 'guilty' is directly under his ugly mug. Didn't the judge say he was 'not guilty'? ;)

Also, as others have said, why no players on there? For the last two weeks we've been told how they are the ones single handedly killing the club! I'm guessing Neil Allen wasn't allowed any input into this poster ;)

56a13bfd-b649-2c60.jpg

and what do they all have in common? Yes, they've all been hailed by the phew at some point as heroes, they even queued for AA's autograph he was that much of superstar on Portsea Island. And now, here they all are bandied together as mass murderers - kinda ironic with Sacha in there given Arkadi's track record.

Yet the beast is not yet dead, so not quite sure how they're murderers just yet? And if the beast does not die, then Balu looks like the most likely person to pick up the remains of the carcass so what will the PST do then? Will they cheer his name to the rafters as the saviour of the club (again) (well at least for couple of years til the parachute payments have found their way to Hong Kong) or will they arrange a boycott as the 'murderer' returns? The PST, if they take the latter option, could then get a place on their own poster!

And yes, they should have started the phoenix club already...

56a13bfd-b649-2c60.jpg

I must say it shows some degree of advanced planning that they have left a gap in the bottom left of the 'villains' for who ever is going to be blamed next.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})