New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

I have heard a rumour that we have already appointed Claudio Foscarini, manager of some serie B team and the deal also involves the signing of one of their strikers Matteo Ardemagni.

I don't know if you're on a windup but this sounds really quite plausible... :-o

Surprised no one saw fit to post that earlier.

Unless they did and I missed it as I was away.Perhaps someone can post me a link to the spotting of MON after the Orient game if posted previously.

Nobody mentioned it previously because it's bull****. There's no way a high-profile name like that would be able to attend a football stadium on a matchday without being seen by a lot of people. Not that I wouldn't mind him coming here though! If it's not him or Stuart Pearce I'll be disappointed.

Fellas, I have just received a call from Cortese. I said I would only take the job if he could get a wi-fi connection down to the dugout so I could have SaintsWeb Forum available to help with tactics. He's going to look into it for me. I'll get back to y'all but if I do take the job then I will expect only sensible suggestions like putting Kelvin up front and Rickie in goal.

Mowbray is the best realistic option I've heard... Purely on his track record with promotions AND his style play.

If this "will eventually be known as the southampton style" stuff is true, then there isn't a chance we'll get there with 90% of the names mentioned.

Would be happy with

Chris Coleman

Martin O'Neil (not likely imo)

Glenn Hoddle

Gareth Southgate

Alan Shearer

wouldnt be happy with

Gianfranco Zola

Ian Dowie

Tony Mowbray

along with most of the others listed in this thread fwiw

Mental IMO.

Coleman, Hoddle, Southgate or Shearer ahead of Mowbray?

Yep, just mental!

If it's going to be an Italian, Bologna sacked their coach Franco Colomba a few days ago due to new owners wanting their own man. He kept them in Serie A last year and has managed a fair few Serie A & B clubs.

Surprised no one's mentioned Alan Irvine, doing well with Wednesday, familiar with the Championship, and as David Moyes' former assistant certainly knows the Premier League too. Big difference between us and Wednesday is that they are skint and will probably be in administration within a year. My only concern is that he though Ostemoboor was good enough to sign... Certainly better than Phil Brown or Kevin Blackwell.

However, I have a feeling it will be Zola. He did well enough with West Ham in their first season, particularly as he was saddled with all the duds Curbishley had brought in (Kieron Dyer etc....).

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/manager-specials/t10002896.html

AP now come in at 20/1 for villa job!

MO`N now 5/1 for saints job!

So hope it's Martin O'Neil, but he's not a great bet at 5/1

Until he formally rules himself out though, I'm holding out hope, however fantastical it seems.

I think it's going to be Poyet or Zola...or some continental manager I've never heard of...

Eddie Howe, Sean O'Driscoll, Lee Clarke, Nigel Adkins, Danny Wilson would all do a good job this year but I think Cortese is now looking for the manager for the rest of the five year plan so this may take a little while yet.

Would be happy with:

Tony Mowbray

Martin O'Neill (but in no way do I see that as a possibility)

People I'm undecided on:

Zola

Southgate

Coleman

Brown

Would not be happy with:

Dowie

Hoddle

Shearer

Are you mad ? Hoddle should be one of the favourites. Clearly you are having a bad day !

It will be interesting to see if NC will get someone in for the long term or someone purely to just get us promoted this season. Either way I can't it being o'Neil, hoddle, sven etc....

Personally It may be a short term placement someone who has been successful at this level perhaps someone like Paul Jewell.

I have to say I'm getting the return of the feelings I had during the Lowe era already. I have visions of an appointment of a foriegn manager who has no experience of english league football and an idealistic unrealistic approach. Jan Poortvliet anyone?
Except he does... :)

O'Neill would be a fantastic appointment obviously but I can't see it really happening. As far as I'm concerned there's only one person Cortese should be on the phone to now and that's Tommy Widdrington. The only man who would make up for the disappointment of losing Pardew and I know I'm not alone on this.

O'Neill would be a fantastic appointment obviously but I can't see it really happening. As far as I'm concerned there's only one person Cortese should be on the phone to now and that's Tommy Widdrington. The only man who would make up for the disappointment of losing Pardew and I know I'm not alone on this.

I think you probably are

Tommy Cooper more like