Koeman to Barca

Delboy Dave

Garcia hasn't even gone yet and they are only 1 point off top albeit playing 1 game more. They won't sack him till at least the summer I'd presume.

Assume you mean Luis Enrique? If he has fallen out with Messi I can only imagine one winner there. Having said that I imagine Barca might be getting a bit fed up with Messi's ego which is rumoured to be getting out of control.

Don't know why he benched him and Neymar though the other day against Sociedad as that was the first game back from winter break so couldn't have needed a rest.

Like Poch to Madrid when we were doing well last year?

Not really. Poch would never conceivably have made that jump from mid table Saints to Real.

Koeman to Barca is a more realistic move because of his affinity to the club, and the fact that while Real only really appoint Galactico huge name managers, Barca are less inclined to do that and more inclined to appoint "one of their own".

I wouldn't lose much sleep over it, but along with the Dutch National job there are the couple of roles I think RK would walk for.

RK signed a three year contract and he seems to be enjoying his time here. He's operated in La Liga before so is well known over there as a manger when he had mixed success, as well as for his time as a player at Barcelona

I would need to be convinced that they would take a risk on him yet, after all they have the pick of the crop from any country so there are quite a few ahead of Ronald.

If we do get the s***** end of the stick yet again at least can screw Barca for a few million quid compensation....

We are used to our players being cherry picked so it's gutting that we might now suffer the same way over our managers. Bug.ger me we'd be the best team in the world if all those other avaricious sods would just leave us alone!

This may be really stupid, and apologies if so.

Does their transfer embargo have any affect on non-playing staff? Are they allowed to poach other managers when that comes into place? Or would they have to promote from within?

it is just to prevent them signing players

everything else, is fair game

RK simply would not turn down barca. no chance at all

He'd be better off going in the summer. Fair enough he couldn't turn them down. Who knows what he'll do with us over a few years, but if he goes there, he can make himself a successful manager, rather than have people point out failures elsewhere. Be a shame but we know the board will have a few names in mind in case it happens.

Bugger that, I'm starting to really like the bloke.

He'd be better off going in the summer. Fair enough he couldn't turn them down. Who knows what he'll do with us over a few years, but if he goes there, he can make himself a successful manager, rather than have people point out failures elsewhere. Be a shame but we know the board will have a few names in mind in case it happens.

There's that German guy, Tuchel who'll be available in the summer. If it comes to Koeman leaving of course.

He's definitely be on their shortlist and is currently 2nd fave with the bookies. Could never begrudge a manager of ours going to Barcelona, that in itself sounds weird after the years we've had.

I really like Koeman but I would expect the board to be prepared if he went.

Personally I expect Barca to go for someone with more experience.

He's definitely be on their shortlist and is currently 2nd fave with the bookies. Could never begrudge a manager of ours going to Barcelona, that in itself sounds weird after the years we've had.

I really like Koeman but I would expect the board to be prepared if he went.

more experienced at what?

At doing well in the Champs league for more than a season or two I would expect, getting into the Semi's etc. Someone like Klopp who had done fantastic with Dortmond and came runner up Fifa manager of the year not so long ago or Simeone who is quickly up and coming. We are talking the best team in the world here with Barca but would it be as attractive if Messi leaves?

At doing well in the Champs league for more than a season or two I would expect, getting into the Semi's etc. Someone like Klopp who had done fantastic with Dortmond and came runner up Fifa manager of the year not so long ago or Simeone who is quickly up and coming. We are talking the best team in the world here with Barca but would it be as attractive if Messi leaves?

barca dont really recruit like that, they go from within/their past so to speak

Guardiola had almost zero experience. Barca like going for their 'own' people, like Koeman. I think they will be interested in him but that Koeman will be principled enough to see out his contract here if the board say no.

Don't know why he benched him and Neymar though the other day against Sociedad as that was the first game back from winter break so couldn't have needed a rest.

They had an extended leave over the break, to go "home" to south america and apparently had only just flown back

And because of that, it's becoming largely irrelevant as a 'tool'. Unfortunately, those of a low IQ and some media outlets, still seem to lap up the utter guff that people write on there and pass off as fact.

I cant really stand it.

It is rather annoying that SSN give us 'twitter updates' and it is now an added section to the BBC gossip column with no gossip. Just that player X thinks that his ice cream tastes like XXXX or something pointless