Toby Alderwhatshisname

jawillwill

If it's his hammy, it's the third time he's done it this season. Seems injury prone.

Takes a while to get over hamstring injuries, you need to get rid of the scar tissue or else it will just tear when you stretch too far.

Shame, he could play in 2-4 weeks probably, 3-6 to be completely sure IMO

Takes a while to get over hamstring injuries, you need to get rid of the scar tissue or else it will just tear when you stretch too far.

Shame, he could play in 2-4 weeks probably, 3-6 to be completely sure IMO

Rushed back too soon do you think?

We cannot recall Stephens or Turnbull. Looks like young McCarthy is next cab off the rank at CB.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2013-14/standardised-rules.ashx

1. Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31stAugust to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31stJanuary (the January transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season.
    A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where thePlayer is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registeredcontract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for theClub (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season.Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission fromthe Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short TermLoan Transfers.

Didn't he do his hammy at Arsenal and only miss one game? In any event I thought Gardos did really well today but with Fonte and Gardos being our CB pairing, we have NO cover there if anything happens to them. I know Wanyama could probably fill in there and I think Schneiderlin has in the past as well but the problem there is we'd miss them both in CM. Cork is now back in training isn't he? I seem to remember that in his first spell with us, he was a CB so I'm guessing he could probably slot in there.

Wanyama could cover at CB in a crisis. Would be a shame for Stephens or Turnball to be recalled when they are doing so well on loan and getting match time to help their progression.

Wanyama is just as comfortable at centre back so no problem moving him there if Cork is back. Gardos did look quite assured tonight which was good.

Hopefully Toby's injury isn't anythint major, however.

We cannot recall Stephens or Turnbull. Looks like young McCarthy is next cab off the rank at CB.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/rules-of-the-association/2013-14/standardised-rules.ashx

1. Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31stAugust to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31stJanuary (the January transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season.
    A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where thePlayer is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registeredcontract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for theClub (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season.Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission fromthe Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short TermLoan Transfers.

Stephens' loan is currently scheduled to end at the end of January. As far as I can determine, it has not been extended but Swindon wants to.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/swindon-town-sign-southamptons-jack-stephens-on-loan-1962482.aspx

I've had GM injuries twice: once deep in the muscle where I had so much pain and lack of control that I headed the ground with my nose, and earlier this season where I just tore the muscle sheath in training. The second time my recovery was _much_ quicker, so let's hope it's that..

We will be fine whilst he's out, Gardos will do a good job for us for a few games.

You're missing point. If Gardos or fonte get injured we are in trouble. With champs league at stake one game under strength may be difference.

It's possible his reaction was just because it was early on in a crucial game, nothing more.

That's how I saw it, we'd started pretty well, he was playing well, we had a game plan...and then bang. I'd be pretty ****ed too!

He was apparently on crutches etc, but the policy is that we immobilize any leg injury directly after - even if it's nothing too bad. He is such a class act though, best CB i've seen play for us. Just really hope it's not bad.