Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

I disagree - Obviously I don't want it to happen but if the club received an offer upwards of £60m for him, I can understand why they'd accept. That is a huge sum of money and could enable us to buy a suitable replacement plus 2/3 high quality players for the squad.

Like boufal and hooijberg. We are a laughing stock for selling so many.

Ryan Sessegnon. Great prospect and out of our league already

Quite possibly but, if he believe the Fulham based opinion, he will leave for the right club. Can only assume that means real pathway to first team. Should we lose Bertrand we could have him actively competing with McQueen and/or Targett. Though he does seem more like a Baines replacement at Everton and they seem to be trying to reel in young English talent.

Long is a good player when used correctly and we play to his strengths (as Koeman did last season) but I've yet to see Puel do that so it may be for the best if he moves on.

I think if Puel had his way he'd get rid of all our strikers except Gabbiadini

How do you correctly use a striker who can't finish? Do you mean that he's a good athlete?

Shots fired

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Interesting!!!

But Charlie was never gonna come out and tweet, 'yeah the ITK is right- I have been a bad influence'...

Mind you, i dont think he is a bad influence, but wonder why some might think he is one

How do you correctly use a striker who can't finish? Do you mean that he's a good athlete?

Surrender possession, sit deep with men behind the ball and play on the counter. As we did when we thumped Arsneal 4-0 and Long was man of the match, or away at Spurs when we won playing very good counter attacking football, and once again Long was fantastic. But Puel is not interested in that type of football so there isn't much point in having him here

Players all get on well with Austin and he's great attitude in training

He seems like a popular bloke among the squad from what i've seen on social media and seems to take a lot of the youngsters under his wing - hope LeG is chatting ****, i've always been a big fan of Austin. Although I have always found it a bit odd that he doesn't particularly talk about Saints much on social media when he's out injured, not often showing his support. Not that it matters, but most players do (probably told by their advisors), him not so much.

Think the chat about a £13m release clause means we can pretty much dismiss that article - we don't do release clauses but if we did, why would we do one at that price, just a few million more than we signed him for, when he's since established him as a proven Prem player and signed a new deal last summer.

Also, if I was Arsenal fan and Tadic was the man who replaces Ozil, I'd be more than a little underwhelmed.

Media salivating at the prospect of meltdown #whatareweuptonow? plus agents getting to work = yet another Saints player leaving "news" piece

Surrender possession, sit deep with men behind the ball and play on the counter. As we did when we thumped Arsneal 4-0 and Long was man of the match, or away at Spurs when we won playing very good counter attacking football, and once again Long was fantastic. But Puel is not interested in that type of football so there isn't much point in having him here

Long's chance conversion just isn't good enough to warrant playing like that on a regular basis. Surrendering possession and then relying on a player who has averaged only a goal every five games throughout his entire premier league career would be a recipe for relegation.

SAINTS EYE SIGURDSSON AND JANSSON

Sky sources understand Southampton are targeting the signings of Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson and Leeds defender Pontus Jansson this summer.

Both are under contract to their respective clubs until June 2020, but the Saints believe they can lure them to St Mary’s if the pair are faced with the prospect of Championship football next season.

Sigurdsson, 27, is fighting a relegation battle with the Swans, while Sweden international Jansson expects to secure a play-off place with Leeds.

Southampton have been tracking Sigurdsson, whose family is settled in Swansea, for two years and made an attempt to sign him in 2016.

The South Coast club are also resigned to losing centre-back Virgil van Dijk when he recovers from an ankle injury and see Jansson as a replacement.

^ From SSN Transfer Centre

If Swansea go down then I'm sure Sigurdsson will leave but I also expect he will have a host of decent options.....

Poch is a fan. If he could be convinced to return to Spurs again after his previous bad time there.

Would be dream signing for us.