Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

If reports are to believed (which the Liverpool echo is pretty realiable) Everton and Koeman believe they have a chance. I wouldn't imagine that is plucked from thin air, especially given his agent is the same as Koemans...

If the money is right, he'd consider a move anywhere... just look at all those heading to china....

When have I said he will go to Everton? All I've pointed out is there is a chance, like there is a chance (a bigger one at that) that he'll stay at us.

Everyone on this place said Koeman wouldn't go to Everton... look how that one ended up.

I'm not saying they will outbid an elite club.. but if they want the man that desperately, they can and they would need to.

You seem to be ploughing through a huge number of posts going on and on about how Everton are going to sign VVD while simultaneously going on and on about how you don't think it will happen and how dare you suggest I think it will happen I don't actually think it will happen but it might happen it could happen I don't think it will happen but it might but it won't but it might but it won't but it might. it won't. it might. it won't. it might.

He will not sign for Everton. Get over it.

Everyone on this place said Koeman wouldn't go to Everton... look how that one ended up.

Same posters making the most noise on this thread also repeated many times that Koeman won't go to Everton

They went very quiet when errrr Koeman went to Everton.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56495-Koeman-to-Everton#.WO_1F3PTXqA

Think the same people also insisted we wouldn't sell Fonte without a Jan replacement... They will get one right soon enough. Laws of averages n that

So Heisenberg thinks Everton will sign Virgil in the summer. Me and SKD don't agree but fair play, it's brilliant when someone has conviction. Nice one mate.

They might.... More chance of Chelsea, Man C, if he does leave at all

Not seen a single post on here suggesting he will join Everton. Just a few suggesting that he might.

Its a football forum mate - Have a Wispa and calm down.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-ready-to-challenge-chelsea-and-manchester-city-for-the-signature-of-virgil-van-dijk-121636

Sound like the biggest load of bullsh!t I have ever read. So this clown knows who Liverpool want, Real Madrid want and we want.

And weren't these Liverpool connected hacks saying Liverpool had no chance of signing Virgil when they were saying Chelsea were getting him to push Sakho on to us?

Almost sounds like it's season ticket renewal time.

Liverpool journos with good connections are saying that Van Dijk is Klopps fist choice and our price tag is 50mil. I'll die if another key saints player goes to Liverpool. It's taking the ****ing **** now.

http://www.footballforums.net/threads/summer-transfer-rumours-thread.265293/page-37

All right, calm down. No need to top yourself over what journalists say. If everyone did that there wouldn't be anyone left.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-ready-to-challenge-chelsea-and-manchester-city-for-the-signature-of-virgil-van-dijk-121636

Sound like the biggest load of bullsh!t I have ever read. So this clown knows who Liverpool want, Real Madrid want and we want.

**** me, if that's the biggest load of bull sh1t you've ever read, you can't have read many football articles. I actually think it's a pretty sensible piece. Klopp is looking to sign him, but faces a battle with City & Chelsea, but Madrid are also "monitoring " him. Koeman wants him, but knows he faces an uphill battle. I can't for the life of me see what's working you up , it's a pretty sensible take on it.

The only dodgy bit for me is the Sakho stuff. But IF we are interested in him, then that surely does strengthen Klopps hand. I'm not saying they're ITK and it looks like a lot of stories cobbled together, but as far as gossip goes it's a pretty decent article. I bet Madrid monitor dozens of players, in fact it would be pretty bizarre if they didn't look at VvD. Equally, it would be strange if 3 or 4 top clubs didn't want him. If an article like that winds you up, you're going to have a coronary by the end of the summer window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** me, if that's the biggest load of bull sh1t you've ever read, you can't have read many football articles. I actually think it's a pretty sensible piece. Klopp is looking to sign him, but faces a battle with City & Chelsea, but Madrid are also "monitoring " him. Koeman wants him, but knows he faces an uphill battle. I can't for the life of me see what's working you up , it's a pretty sensible take on it.

The only dodgy bit for me is the Sakho stuff. But IF we are interested in him, then that surely does strengthen Klopps hand. I'm not saying they're ITK and it looks like a lot of stories cobbled together, but as far as gossip goes it's a pretty decent article. I bet Madrid monitor dozens of players, in fact it would be pretty bizarre if they didn't look at VvD. Equally, it would be strange if 3 or 4 top clubs didn't want him. If an article like that winds you up, you're going to have a coronary by the end of the summer window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A contradiction if there ever was one:lol:

I would love to know how a Liverpool based hack would know who Real Madrid intend to sign, even before Madrid's mouthpieces Marca and AS find out.

And then there is the standard "Southampton want Sakho" line that Liverpool have been pushing for the last couple of months. If we wanted him we would have got him in January when his stock was lowest, not give him the opportunity to put in some good performances for Palace and increase his value. As if stealing our players wasn't enough, now they use us to drum up interest in a player they no longer want.

But none of this actually winds me up. What does is that people believe and give credibility to someone who doesn't actually report any news but simply pushes the agenda of whoever feeds him with information they want in the public sphere, whether it is real or not. In this case, like last month with the VvD story to Chelsea, it's blatantly Liverpool behind it. But this is not just about Virgil or football, it's about everything. For some reason, people believe these bullsh!t merchants and have their opinions infuenced by them and, while sometimes the stories are just money making clickbait, sometimes there are more sinister motives behind them.

They might.... More chance of Chelsea, Man C, if he does leave at all

Not seen a single post on here suggesting he will join Everton. Just a few suggesting that he might.

Its a football forum mate - Have a Wispa and calm down.

Right you are then, sweetheart.

Happy Easter X X X

If and when (as in this close season or another in the future) VVD leaves us, he should go to one of the great clubs, but, and it is a big but, he could easily end up at Everton if they agree to pay us and him a stonking great fee. From a football perspective he would be daft but agents aren't always motivated by football reasons and neither are the players who 'follow' them and take their advice.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that if Everton bid £50m for him......as well as Liverpool, Citeh, Chelsea etc then he won't go Everton. Were the Dugout Pioneers the ONLY club to bid then I suspect it might be different. Even if Everton offered say £10k per week more over the Chelsea's of this world I would be surprised if he'd choose that over probable silverware. I'd also be surprised if the big guns ALLOWED themselves to be outbid and for him to go to Everton. Just an assumption.

He's the best cb I've seen for decades.

No way will he go to Everton if he's got any ambition

He'd walk into any team in the world... surely he'll go to a champions league club?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He has too.

Him coming to us was a proof of concept that he is good enough in this league, he has exceeded that and is now the finished article.

There are not many world class CBs available so think the price will be closer to 60m if he goes and I expect him to go to a mega club (replace Pepe if Varane goes to Man U).

Press are ramping up the articles and links. Seems he will get his pick of any of the top 7 in the premier league.

Top 8 if we finish there and he decides to stay. Can't see it though, amazing as it'd be. (On both counts)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-van-dijk-arsenal-chelsea-12942746.amp

Liverpool echo have been pretty much spot on when it comes to our players being Liverpool targets in the past...

Another promising career ruined as the Bank Of Southampton arrange new refinancing deal for our legendary club

There won't be a bidding war because VVD, and his agent, will all ready have decided which club he wants and thrashed out his new mega contract before we get the bid. It's not like the old days were a player found out he'd been sold after the clubs had all ready agreed a price.

If he goes let it be... I'm not fussed 50 million+ sign up We could strengthen across the whole team it's not the end of the world. Stay at Saints and aim for mid table or triple your money and play Champs league. No brainer if I was Virgil I'd be out the door already.... You gotta look at the bigger picture we won't break the top 6 next season so why would he stay? He has bigger ambitions than Saints.....

If he goes let it be... I'm not fussed 50 million+ sign up We could strengthen across the whole team it's not the end of the world. Stay at Saints and aim for mid table or triple your money and play Champs league. No brainer if I was Virgil I'd be out the door already.... You gotta look at the bigger picture we won't break the top 6 next season so why would he stay? He has bigger ambitions than Saints.....

I agree but why then have we got a defectors thread?

Because people live in the past. Become bitter that players leave. Myself life goes on we sell players stick to the gameplan and recruit wisely sometimes we get it wrong I.e Osvaldo, Ramirez, however sometimes we uncover gems. I don't like players thinking they are bigger than the club. It doesn't make any sense to hang onto disruptive olayers either. Get the best money we can get and rebuild sensibly. Even big clubs get poached for their assets. This is football it happens we March on!

Agreed but if we'd kept Mane, wanyama etc it'd be a lot easier to keep vid and maybe we would be in the top 6 next year

On Football Weekly recently they were talking about Jack Wilshire and his recurring injureis, and one of the journo said that ankle injuries can be much more serious than even an ACL injury. as the joint is so complex.

It could mean that Virgil will no longer be a 40 game a season player, or it couild mean that other clubs will want to see him back in action for a few months, before they commit to spending 50 or 60 million?

Don't agree at all. Club has to draw a line sometime as we are going nowhere fast. He's got another 4 years on his contract. He will be worth more in a year so no excuse for selling at all.

I really believed we would get one more season out of him - but that was before he got injured. Since the dirty pikey **** mashed his foot he would have just sat in the stands witnessing the dull, uninspiring 90 minutes of football (Wembley aside) from SFC week in, week out. And if the football aint turned his head then the crowd atmosphere (or almost total lack of) will probably have him realising he's along way away from Celtic Park these days and a move to one of the big boys will be looking more appealing than ever. Can only see another summer of discontent.

I really believed we would get one more season out of him - but that was before he got injured. Since the dirty pikey **** mashed his foot he would have just sat in the stands witnessing the dull, uninspiring 90 minutes of football (Wembley aside) from SFC week in, week out. And if the football aint turned his head then the crowd atmosphere (or almost total lack of) will probably have him realising he's along way away from Celtic Park these days and a move to one of the big boys will be looking more appealing than ever. Can only see another summer of discontent.

Sadly I think you might be correct. Like you I expect(ed) one more season, he would still have 4 years left on the contract next summer, but it does seem like the vultures are circling. I accept that players have ambition and as a supporter of a medium sized club the players who come to us will always potentially have bigger clubs to look up at but it's a double edged sword for us fans. When VVD does move I just hope we get upwards of 60m for him and he goes to either Real Madrid or Barcelona as I think he is that good. I could stomach him going to Manure, City or Chelsea, but anyone else (except possibly Arsenal -despite their real lack of ambition for a big club) and it would amuck of a money move over career and he does not need to worry about that.

We have to accept that when we find the rough diamonds and polish them up that we have to sell to survive. It what we must ensure is that our baseline standards remain intact, i.e. that we are an established top 10 side. Any lower is a poor season, top 6 is a good one.

To be a 7-10 ranked side you do not need to have a world class CB like VVD, but we do need better than Maya and Stephens so we need to buy two really good CB to replace him!! There is the real concern, but then again we have spotted a few good ones over the years!

It's going to be another annoying summer I feel.....

VVD already in talks with Liverpool and Arsenal according to this

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/01/liverpool-and-arsenal-open-talks-with-southampton-defender-virgil-van-dijk-6608091/

Is anyone else just getting numb to it now? It seems it bothered me more back when Poch left now I'm just resigned to the fact we will see a mass exodus every summer let's hope Les and co ( or their Chinese equivalent) do a better recruitment job this summer than last....

VVD already in talks with Liverpool and Arsenal according to this

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/01/liverpool-and-arsenal-open-talks-with-southampton-defender-virgil-van-dijk-6608091/

Is anyone else just getting numb to it now? It seems it bothered me more back when Poch left now I'm just resigned to the fact we will see a mass exodus every summer let's hope Les and co ( or their Chinese equivalent) do a better recruitment job this summer than last....

Whilst I get the policy..and that we get to see these players for a couple of years, but I can't help think that it will ultimately stop youngsters following the club.

Whilst I get the policy..and that we get to see these players for a couple of years, but I can't help think that it will ultimately stop youngsters following the club.

Hasn't stopped my nipper its in the blood. Kids follow their parents clubs because that's what they are brought up with my regardless of players and managers.

Hasn't stopped my nipper its in the blood. Kids follow their parents clubs because that's what they are brought up with my regardless of players and managers.

If it is as simple as that , we cannot grow our fan base anyway unless every saints fan has 6 or 7 kids each?