Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

According to graeme bailey vvd has chosen Chelsea. Saints won't stand in his way as they will get valuation.

Is this early doors business being done before takeover to cash in assets or to give puel his summer transfer kitty I wonder?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

If the take over is imminent then there is no point giving Puel anything as he will likely be the first casualty of any new owners. If its being done so Kat can grab a bit of cash before the new owners take over I assume that would mean the VVD money would pay off the money the club owes to Kat rather than go back into the squad?

According to graeme bailey vvd has chosen Chelsea. Saints won't stand in his way as they will get valuation.

Is this early doors business being done before takeover to cash in assets or to give puel his summer transfer kitty I wonder?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Also said VVD's reps have been talking to other clubs with Saints' approval so there is little point in Puel, Reed, Krueger pretending publically that we are trying to keep him.

Interesting it says we have asked about getting Ake or Christiansen permenently as part of the deal and Chelsea just said no, but there is potential for a loan. Surely we have a decent bargaining position but I guess if VVD has decided then in a way, we don't. Chelsea hold the cards if he wants to go there.

Anything under a guarenteed £50m is poor.

Well (IMO of course) they would be the wrong type of buyer then.

Why ? It's like going to buy a car you get given a price but the current owner decides to sell the engine before giving it to you !

How does that work? If we get 50m+ for VVD, that money is still in the club. No serious party is going to judge buying a club based on a few players being there because they'd be investing for years and player turnover will always be high.

I think he'll go to Chelsea. Sounds like his family doesn't want to move far, they have the money, they'll be Champions, they play 3 at the back but have an ageing defence, already rumoured to loan Zouma next season. Maybe they can loan us Zouma and Ake and we'd be sorted.

I guess that depends on weather the new buyers are in it to try to push the club onto the next level or if their plan is to stay exactly how we are , Making a profit on our best players every summer ! I know if I was just about to invest my money in something I wouldn't want the star of the show being sold before I'd have done the deal .

I guess that depends on weather the new buyers are in it to try to push the club onto the next level or if their plan is to stay exactly how we are , Making a profit on our best players every summer ! I know if I was just about to invest my money in something I wouldn't want the star of the show being sold before I'd have done the deal .

Well if this article has any truth to it I don't think our new owners will be looking to push anything but their bank balance to the next level

http://www.atimes.com/article/swiss-saints-sino-sinners-chinas-soccer-shadow-play/

No show at the players award with some daft claim of a knee appointment consultation. Like that couldnt be rearranged ffs

Very disappointing. Thought he was better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard VvD was all dressed in his tux but knocked Claude's drink over by accident at the players pre party gathering. Puel immediately launched into him, grabbing his throat.

Took kelvin and Yoshida to peel them apart

Bit of a shame that everyone is resigned to losing our best player without a fight after less than two seasons and only a few months after signing a long term contract. We will still be fed the "no need to sell players" line but we all know he is going.

Not saying we can keep him, just that its so BAU for us to sell so readily that nobody even thinks there is more than a 1% chance he will stay which is a bit demoralising after four summers in a row of this.

I hope we do better than we did in hindsight for Mane. Is £50m really enough given the money available to these teams? He is probably the best CB in the league with no real downside or weakness.

Completely agree. Would love to see us just put up something of a fight to keep him. Mane fee was conditioned by the length of contract left, but no excuses not to demand £60m or no sale for VvD given the length of his deal. Do our business early and if we really feel we have to sell (we don't), then drag it out until the end of the window after a bidding war.

Everyone knows we will meekly give in to the first willing suitor and sell for £50m on 1 July. Meanwhile every club we are negotiating with for players will bump up their prices, and we will spend the rest of the summer haggling away. So crushingly predictable.

Completely agree. Would love to see us just put up something of a fight to keep him. Mane fee was conditioned by the length of contract left, but no excuses not to demand £60m or no sale for VvD given the length of his deal. Do our business early and if we really feel we have to sell (we don't), then drag it out until the end of the window after a bidding war.

Everyone knows we will meekly give in to the first willing suitor and sell for £50m on 1 July. Meanwhile every club we are negotiating with for players will bump up their prices, and we will spend the rest of the summer haggling away. So crushingly predictable.

It's the way of the world! F**k me sometime in the near future we will be relegated. How the f*** are you entitled m**gs going to react then

BREAKING NEWS

Southampton manager Claude Puel says Virgil van Dijk will play for the club next season.

worth reading much into that...?

That's it then, he's staying.

BREAKING NEWS

Southampton manager Claude Puel says Virgil van Dijk will play for the club next season.

More than happy to clutch at straws and icrease hope of watching the great man in action at SMS next season

BREAKING NEWS

Seems like a pretty brave thing for him to say unless he is confident that is the case....not that any of us will believe it after the last few summers.

Here's a bit more, which isn't as clear cut...

""It was a bad injury. But now it's okay," said Puel. "The surgery is finished, he can work normally, he can start the gym work and rehab to come back for next season... and with us.

"He is our captain. He is important for us. He is fantastic player. We wait until beginning of season to see him again on the pitch. He has a long contract and I think the Directors want to keep him".

""It was a bad injury. But now it's okay," said Puel. "The surgery is finished, he can work normally, he can start the gym work and rehab to come back for next season... and with us.

"He is our captain. He is important for us. He is fantastic player. We wait until beginning of season to see him again on the pitch. He has a long contract and I think the Directors want to keep him".

Gone by July 1st then

That will never do. The people who know far better than the Board and the manager have already told us he is off next season. Proof, if any were needed is that he didn't attend the players do the other night. I'm with the bedwetters on this. They are always right!

I got my hopes up when I saw the notification from SSN flash up, thought it was too good to be true.. investigate a little further and it turns out it was.

May as well had just said we want to keep him, but if the player wants to go and we get a bid that matches our valuation then he will be free to leave.

We've heard all this 'long contract' 'we want to keep the player' nonsense before.

It's just trying to get the price up. Do keep up. Also, it may be Puel getting it out there early so fans don't blame him even more for the mostly dross we've been dished up

Yeah that sounds more like a manager pleading to the board not to sell....

I got my hopes up when I saw the notification from SSN flash up, thought it was too good to be true.. investigate a little further and it turns out it was.

May as well had just said we want to keep him, but if the player wants to go and we get a bid that matches our valuation then he will be free to leave.

We've heard all this 'long contract' 'we want to keep the player' nonsense before.

TBF I'm sure Puel does ( desperately) want to keep him but he really doesn't get a say in it. The decision will be made between the player and people higher up in the club than Claude.

Wasn't it always stated that he got the Captains position by promising "One more season"?? He'll then be allowed to find something for the year after.

I'm not sure being captain of Southampton is going to stop VVD signing for Chelsea it certainly didn't make Lallana think twice.

Edited by doddisalegend

That will never do. The people who know far better than the Board and the manager have already told us he is off next season. Proof, if any were needed is that he didn't attend the players do the other night. I'm with the bedwetters on this. They are always right!

I remember when the manager said he was not going to everton....he then went to everton

Until Virgil comes out and tells us all he is not going anywhere, the attention is going to grow a heck of a lot

It's unfortunate that Saints will probably be the last to know. Once his agent works out terms with another club (Chelsea seem like favourites according to press speculation), Saints will then learn that he wants to leave and they will have to decide if they want to strike a deal with the team of his choosing or keep him. I'm hoping that he stays and helps develop Stephens for a season. It's a forlorn hope.

I don't understand why the press think he is going to sign for an English team. He is a foreigner living in a foreign country. The world is his oyster. Juve apparently want him, and they seem to have plenty of money at the moment. If he has another good season, then the Spanish clubs might want him not least as their CBs are ageing, and it will be cheaper/easier for them to sign him off of us rather than Chelsea.

Lol deluded if you think he will be here next season.......

Agreed. He is however on a long term contract so we'll fleece whoever buys him for megabucks. Its then up to the board to make that available plus additional funds to strengthen the side for next season.

You really need him to be sold to justify your rigid position. You cannot countenance the fact that the club, as they did with Morgan and Victor, may have told him he's not going anywhere for season 17/18.

I hope that is the case. His value won't change much if we hold onto him for another season, if anything it could go up.