Virgil Van Dijk Loan deals do count

Liverpool 8/13

Chelsea 7/2

Manchester City 12/1

Manchester Utd 14/1

Everton 22/1

Tottenham 25/1

Barcelona 25/1

To Stay at Southampton (Does not include returning on loan following a permanent deal elsewhere) 4/1

Liverpool 8/13

Chelsea 7/2

Manchester City 12/1

Manchester Utd 14/1

Everton 22/1

Tottenham 25/1

Barcelona 25/1

To Stay at Southampton (Does not include returning on loan following a permanent deal elsewhere) 4/1

So we're 3rd favourites!

Liverpool 8/13

Chelsea 7/2

Manchester City 12/1

Manchester Utd 14/1

Everton 22/1

Tottenham 25/1

Barcelona 25/1

If Virgil wants more money then why not walk down the bookies with 100k and get 4/1 on staying with us.

Easy money I say.

Chelsea looking at Jerome Boeteng as a VVD alternative, as the Puel situation throws VVD's move to Chelsea into doubt...according to the Sun:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3675020/chelsea-enquire-about-bayern-munichs-jerome-boateng-as-possible-alternative-to-virgil-van-dijk/

The Independent currently linking Man City with Marquinhos.

He's going to end up at bloody Liverpool isn't he?

The Independent currently linking Man City with Marquinhos.

He's going to end up at bloody Liverpool isn't he?

Noooooo!! He can't!! I had a bet with a Liverpool fan on Saturday. Said guy was adamant VvD is going there; I said no chance, he would have far better offers. Basically, if VvD joins Liverpool this summer I have to pay for a night out for him; if VvD stays with us, or signs for anybody else, he has to pay for me. I was sure that I was on to a winner with that bet........

Why sell him this season? he's on a long contract and his value will not drop after next season, infact it may even go up. I know from someone who works at the club that shops at my work, when asked about the VVD situation, he said he truly believed he would end up at either Barca or Real as they were both sniffing around, so why the hell would we sell them to Liverpool? wouldn't it be best to offload players to clubs that we do not face every year?

Why sell him this season? he's on a long contract and his value will not drop after next season, infact it may even go up. I know from someone who works at the club that shops at my work, when asked about the VVD situation, he said he truly believed he would end up at either Barca or Real as they were both sniffing around, so why the hell would we sell them to Liverpool? wouldn't it be best to offload players to clubs that we do not face every year?

I would have no problem with selling him to either of those team (obviously I'd rather he stayed at us for as long as possible)

Viktor Fagerström‏ @ViktorFagerLFC 1m1 minute ago

More

#LFC are ready to pay Virgil van #Dijk their best financial package of around £200,000-a-week. (John Cross)

He got that info from here, I think:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-receive-virgil-van-dijk-10530922

I'm not sure how credible Cross is. Both Arse and Liverpool willing to pay VVD 200k per week, according to Cross but VVD is "attracted" to Klopp. Cross also notes that four teams have contacted VVD's advisor. So tapping up x4, then.

If this was true then NO WAY would Virgil Van Dijk have done a photoshoot modeling the new kit if any deal was agreed.

I know for a FACT he did it. That's not to say he won't leave the club, I just don't believe for one second any deal to join Liverpool has been agreed and definitely not months ago.

Because someone's took a picture of someone in a shirt wil not stop a multi milllion pound from happening.

Oh and stop making stuff up and paigarising other people's info.

If this was true then NO WAY would Virgil Van Dijk have done a photoshoot modeling the new kit if any deal was agreed.

I know for a FACT he did it. That's not to say he won't leave the club, I just don't believe for one second any deal to join Liverpool has been agreed and definitely not months ago.

Think Fabian Delph did this at Villa, he was featured at the centre of all the pre-season build up advertising photos, sat on a fat contract, pledging his allegiance to the club (which VVD hasn't done any of) 10 days later he is on his toes up the M6 to Man City having signed a bench warming contract with them, meanwhile back in Brum fresh billboard posters complete with his beaming mug on, were shouting about Villas imminent season.

If nowt has been set firmly in concrete as to where he will be playing, all the new kit PR hullabaloo has to be put in place ready to roll on launch day. So just about everyone would have had a snap taken wearing the new kit.

It is about time we just tell Liverpool (and spurs TBF) to do one its getting beyond a joke. VVD is good enough to play for a much better team than Liverpool fair enough I except he will he leave at some point but at least he should leave for a truly good team.

If he does go to Liverpool their first team will contain 5 ex saints players. Les should stipulate, in the VVD deal that, any trophy they win has "Courtesy of Southampton" engraved on it.

There's been a few of them... Not that they mean anything of course.

I'd seen quotes about us being able to turn down offers before. This is the first one I've personally seen that's just flat out quoting us as him not going anywhere.

True that it doesn't mean much though.

I'd seen quotes about us being able to turn down offers before. This is the first one I've personally seen that's just flat out quoting us as him not going anywhere.

In previous years it's been "we won't sell anyone we don't need to", as opposed to a flat out "X player won't be leaving".

Here's hoping the change in language reflects a change in attitude.

In previous years it's been "we won't sell anyone we don't need to", as opposed to a flat out "X player won't be leaving".

Here's hoping the change in language reflects a change in attitude.

It'll certainly help secure a much larger fee if some persuading is needed first.

Been told that its well documented between the staff that he's off to United. (insert confused face).

Would be preferable to Liverpool to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure I read a bullish Ralph interview the day after the Cup Final pretty much saying nobody's off this summer, but haven't been able to find it since.

BBC reporting he wants to go to Liverpool. If it's true, **** him. In fact, not just him but the LFC coffers.

Isn't that just in the gossip section? They are saying the daily mirror are reporting that.

Must be true if it's in the mirror!

Much noice about all but done to Liverpool. WHY are we sellin so early? Why not wait for a bidding war, with arsenal, city, Chelsea all interested it seem like a golden opportunity to hold on a bit..

Doesn't work like that. I have a mate with contacts at Boscombe, he told me last summer (when we were talking about Mane) that nowadays agents will be given the price we're willing to sell at & they'll then tout him round. Any bidding war will only benefit the agent as he'll "influence " where they go. Our price is our price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Times saying that City are offering him 180k a week.

He would be a fool to turn down that sort of money. Four times his current Saints salary.

Those numbers are why its an utter no brainer to leave Saints.

He would be a fool to turn down that sort of money. Four times his current Saints salary.

should he depart, it will still be Les Reeds fault in some people's eyes, ignoring the fact that you can't keep a player happy when that sort of contract is on the table, unless you match it, which we can't.

At least it isn't Liverpool.

Hopefully City & Chelsea want him so we don't have to be subjected to Liverpool submitting ridiculously low offers every other day.

I personally feel he owes us another season considering he's spent half of the last one injured. :thumbup:

I'm sure he could manage on his current salary for another 12 months (pretty sure it's higher than £45,000pw as well) and his stock will be just as high next summer.

I personally feel he owes us another season considering he's spent half of the last one injured. [emoji106]

I'm sure he could manage on his current salary for another 12 months (pretty sure it's higher than £45,000pw as well) and his stock will be just as high next summer.

We make a huge profit. What exactly does he owe? He would be wasting a year of his career in a midtable side and esrning far less money at the same time.

Its a no brainer for him, as it would be for any one of us. Better job, better pay, more propsects.

I personally feel he owes us another season considering he's spent half of the last one injured. :thumbup:

premiership footballers having had an outstanding season and attracting all kinds of interest don't then sign five year deals for £45k a week. That said £180k a week is probably going to be beyond our means...