Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

As I said yesterday, the media literally have no idea. Yesterday, he was going to Man City, nailed on. Tomorrow, it'll be Chelsea.

Media might not, but most ITK's do and everything points to him being at Liverpool come the start of next year.

So we have VVD's agent travelling backwards and forwards trying to get his client a better deal.

We have the cream of the premiership climbing over each other to buy him.

If Les Reed sells him for less than 70m then he deserves to be shot.

Bless you sir. Your optimism is commendable but the media know more than we do. There is no smoke without fire. Never.

Last year, they kept reporting he had a cheap release clause, which turned out to be wrong of course.

They might be right this time, they might be wrong. But I treat everything they say with a pinch of salt.

So we have VVD's agent travelling backwards and forwards trying to get his client a better deal.

We have the cream of the premiership climbing over each other to buy him.

If Les Reed sells him for less than 70m then he deserves to be shot.

Most outlets saying £60m and that's a decent price.

Don't really care where he goes, they're all as a bad as each other these days.

Indeed. He was always going to go (I didn't think it would be the scousers though).

We wouldn't have any money to spend otherwise.

No idea why that should be the case though. It certainly shouldn't be if we're managed well in a financial sense. In this day and age in the PL, Palace can spend £32m on a player without selling before.

i get people are annoyed about us being a bit of a selling club, about us selling lots to liverpool but with VVD people need to get a grip. He would improve any squad in world club football, is world class and would sort out a clubs defence for about 8 yrs and be class throughout - he was never staying here a long time, hes played hard and acted decently whilst we have been lucky enough to have him. Shouldve just enjoyed him while he was here knowing he was going. Other signings i get but this is about us having taken a chance on a footballer other wouldnt and him turning out to be simply world class, now the world is interested and he, at 25, should be plying his trade at the absolute top. Just need a suitably huge fee and really noone can moan

i get people are annoyed about us being a bit of a selling club, about us selling lots to liverpool but with VVD people need to get a grip. He would improve any squad in world club football, is world class and would sort out a clubs defence for about 8 yrs and be class throughout - he was never staying here a long time, hes played hard and acted decently whilst we have been lucky enough to have him. Shouldve just enjoyed him while he was here knowing he was going. Other signings i get but this is about us having taken a chance on a footballer other wouldnt and him turning out to be simply world class, now the world is interested and he, at 25, should be plying his trade at the absolute top. Just need a suitably huge fee and really noone can moan

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern - they're the top. He's selling himself short if Liverpool is his choice, they'll get raped in the CL.

Now breaking news on the BBC. Another typical summer from Saints awaits - a lot of hot air about not needing to sell and we are half way to selling our best player in the first week of June.

So is this the well briefed story that the poster said last week was going to happen this week or do we think it is the real deal?

I notice the BBC is now saying Liverpool is only his preferred destination "if" he leaves.

Without a fee agreed between the clubs I suspect this will run for a little bit.

Sad if true

Would have liked VVD to join a club than might WIN the CL in 2018/2019 after doing one more season with us.

Going to Liverpool from us isn't quite a sideways move, but it's not the leap that Barca, PSG or Real Madrid would be

With 3 big clubs at least supposedly after him i'd be very curious to understand why we'd settle for anything around the starting price of £50 million mark when there should clearly be scope to use them against eachother to drive the price up unless there's a limiting factor in his contract.

So is this the well briefed story that the poster said last week was going to happen this week or do we think it is the real deal?

I notice the BBC is now saying Liverpool is only his preferred destination "if" he leaves.

Without a fee agreed between the clubs I suspect this will run for a little bit.

Indeed. You have to say that Liverpool are excellent at the briefing the media process, without being seen to brief the media. Good ITK'ing by the poster in question too.

At least it'll be over with quick and kick start the other inevitable sales. I'm sure its not the case but it always seems like we are chomping at the bit to get rid of our best players every summer (deals get sorted super quickly when we are on the sell side) and then take an absolute age to sort our own house (managers, new signings etc). Not fun to be a Saints fan during the close season is it?

He isn't though is he. This is a well briefed story and there is a lot of fact behind it I'd have imaged. Head out of sand time.

He is though. £50M for starters - it obviously will be much more than that. Added that the story has arrived significantly later than others.

Look at his other articles - he has a track history of getting things hopelessly wrong.