Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Sign a six year deal then want out.... if he does go and its a big if, gives him no respect in my eyes...

You do realise the main reason he signed the contract is so we could get more money for him when he leaves? (As well as a nice pay rise) Just like Shaw, Lallana, Chambers etc. I wouldn't say he necessarily wants out, just that he is now good enough to play for any team in the world. I certainly wouldn't begrudge him a move as he is way too good for us.

Come off it he's hardly MLT or Benali is he? Been here two whole seasons...needs to be here a bit longer before you start handing out the "great servant to the club" platitudes

In terms of performances and the way they've conducted themselves, yes they they.

You do realise the main reason he signed the contract is so we could get more money for him when he leaves?

********. Players sign new contracts to earn more, knowing that if a big club does want him they will spend the money required to get him. Absoluetly nothing to do with helping the current club out. That's the trade between the two. Club gets way of securing player and future transfer, player gets more money. Theo Walcott was probably the only player that did us a favour...

In terms of performances and the way they've conducted themselves, yes they they.

Doing the job you are well paid to do hardly makes you a "great servant", that needs a decent amount of time and games at one club, not ****ing off after two seasons. Go with model professional if you like.

A footballers career is so short, we can't begrudge him for wanting to play champions league, winning trophies and getting paid more.

Let's just hope we get a monster fee and some young international players to replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Liverpool fan in the office here and he told me months ago the price was agreed with all parties, but was conditional on Liverpool achieving Champions League qualification. He is sure they have the deal agreed.

Ok I've just heard this too. Ughhh

I have a Liverpool fan in the office here and he told me months ago the price was agreed with all parties, but was conditional on Liverpool achieving Champions League qualification. He is sure they have the deal agreed.

Trouble is we won't know whether Liverpool qualify for the Champions League until August 23rd.

********. Players sign new contracts to earn more, knowing that if a big club does want him they will spend the money required to get him. Absoluetly nothing to do with helping the current club out. That's the trade between the two. Club gets way of securing player and future transfer, player gets more money. Theo Walcott was probably the only player that did us a favour...

No, the reason he was offered a new contract was so that Southampton would get more money, and be in a stronger bargaining position when it came to him leaving.

No, the reason he was offered a new contract was so that Southampton would get more money, and be in a stronger bargaining position when it came to him leaving.

And yet, history shows, we sell our players at the opening of the window. How can selling VVD (for example) to Liverpool in June be maximising what we get for him? Surely waiting for other clubs to get a bit desperate will start a bidding war?

Pretty sure that's what I just said. The club secures the player and a larger future transfer fee, the player in return gets a wage rise.

And yet, history shows, we sell our players at the opening of the window. How can selling VVD (for example) to Liverpool in June be maximising what we get for him? Surely waiting for other clubs to get a bit desperate will start a bidding war?
wouldn't leave us much time to replace him, unless you propose we buy before we eventually sell.

I doubt there will be a bidding war. The interested clubs will negotiate with VVD though his agent, and he will pick the team that he wants to go to.

- Romeu replaced Cork.

- Clasie replaced Morgan.

- Nobody really replaced Vic. (Hojbjerg possibly, but he's not remotely like him).

8 months between cork leaving and oriel arriving. If he was his replacement we should expect Fontes replacement in August and VVD's next January if he is sold in June.

Considering we have a team of people allegedly working on the next recruits, its pretty poor IMO if true.

- Romeu replaced Cork.

- Clasie replaced Morgan.

- Nobody really replaced Vic. (Hojbjerg possibly, but he's not remotely like him).

Nah, Romeu replaced Nick Holmes.

We've got a bit of a backlog.

If City are paying £45m for an uncapped goalkeeper from the Portuguese league (Ederson) then is £50m really a good price for a proven class PL defender?

IMO no. Prices will be mental this summer so selling for £50m would be very poor business for such a sought after player with many years left on his contract.

If City are paying £45m for an uncapped goalkeeper from the Portuguese league (Ederson) then is £50m really a good price for a proven class PL defender?

IMO no. Prices will be mental this summer so selling for £50m would be very poor business for such a sought after player with many years left on his contract.

If he's going to go, I sincerely hope it's to a team that pays silly money. I don't really want another slow drip-feed process of Liverpool bidding low, then re-bidding a tiny bit higher etc.

You know the drill.

Everton want £50m for Ross Barkley

If Everton want and get (not that I think they will FWIW) £50m for Barkley, that puts our deals for wanyama and clyne to shame.

It would also set a benchmark for the market, in which case I would expect £70m for VVD

If Everton want and get (not that I think they will FWIW) £50m for Barkley, that puts our deals for wanyama and clyne to shame.

It would also set a benchmark for the market, in which case I would expect £70m for VVD

Les always ropes over to have his belly tickled though! As soon as the money comes out he gets sweaty palms and we all know it! Although quite why long is our top earner I'll never know.

I know it's paper talk but are West Ham really going to offer him 120k+ a week? Shocking if true!

Everton seem to get top dollar when they sell people.

Their players often hyped up. Loads of their midfield 'stars' seem run of the mill. Can't remember the name of the lad who went to City and showed nothing before or after but was laughable transfer fee at the time.

I'd be shocked if anyone would pay 50million for a average player like Barkley with one year left on his contract. If Barkley won't sign a new contract Everton will have to take what's offered or get nothing next season. Any club that pays 50 million for him in the current circumstances should fire their chief exc for incompetence.

The problem is the PL transfer market is getting beyond stupid now the extra tv money isn't buying better players it just driving up the cost of average players to ridiculous levels.

Edited by doddisalegend

"Southampton claim privately they will hold out for a world-record fee for a defender for Van Dijk" - a little nugget buried towards the bottom of this Telegraph article on Chelsea's transfer plans:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/28/diego-costa-ultimatum-chelsea-prepare-200-million-spending-spree/

I think this would always be the case. The record is £50m isn't it?

I saw Maguire was linked to Everton/Spurs yesterday for £22m (& he only has a year left on his contract!)

I think we should hold out for £60m the way this window is going.

I'd be shocked if anyone would pay 50million for a average player like Barkley with one year left on his contract. If Barkley won't sign a new contract Everton will have to take what's offered or get nothing next season. Any club that pays 50 million for him in the current circumstances should fire their chief exc for incompetence.

The problem is the PL transfer market is getting beyond stupid now the extra tv money isn't buying better players it just driving up the cost of average players to ridiculous levels.

tbf, that was always going to be the case. Short term, there aren't going to suddenly be shedloads more top quality players to go round for clubs to buy with the extra cash. If anything it just makes "smaller" clubs that much more vulnerable to losing key players to the big fish.

Amazing how free Liverpool FC are with confidential information that it gets passed on to anyone who follows the club, even if living as far away as Hampshire. People shouldn't confuse false rumour with truth and should remember that the football media thrive on rumour not on truth.

The rumour has no ring of truth about it because there is nothing to be gained by SFC entering into a pre-sale agreement with a particular club when more money could be gained from competitive bids. But neither does it make sense for Liverpool to commit themselves to buying an injured player before his recovery can be confirmed. I would discount absolutely that any such pre-sale contract exists. When VVD is fit, if the club were inclined to sell, it would be if the fee was so high that the squad could be strengthened by more than just compensating for his loss. As transfer fees are escalating, that figure is probably getting greater month by month and is another reason for not committing in advance. My guess is VVD will be here next season because that's what he and the club intended when he signed a 6-year contract.

If vvd does go it will definately be for a record fee for defender. But that could be 50m plus addons. Like mane for 34m plus addons was about 38m total. What do we care about the price anyway, as long as its not a rip off.

All i care about is that we get atleast 2 more cbs. One young enough to develop to be as good if not better than him and one experianced enough to plug the hole he leaves immediately. Semedo for 20m and sackho for 15m will do the trick IMO. We might actually be getting the better deal than the club that buys him if that happens.

Not much room for stephens or maya but what celse can you do? Semedo and stephens togather is a little too short in pl experiance to be trusted week in week out. Start with maya and sakho for a few of the first games then ease semedo into the fold with sakho until the seasons end. Then maybe flog off sakho next season after semedo has found his feet or keep him and sell maya to a midtable team. Theyd take him after his form last season. I see im getting a little ahead of myself here..

Their players often hyped up. Loads of their midfield 'stars' seem run of the mill. Can't remember the name of the lad who went to City and showed nothing before or after but was laughable transfer fee at the time.

Jack Rodwell.

Now the comedy player at Sunderland.

Fabian Delph is another. Signed for £10m and in the 2 seasons he has been at Man City, he has hardly played for them. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabian-delph/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/50362/plus/0?saison=&verein=281&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Don't forget Scott Sinclair...signed for around £8 from Swansea, disappeared into a black hole at City. He's doing rather well at Celtic apparently.

If this was true then NO WAY would Virgil Van Dijk have done a photoshoot modeling the new kit if any deal was agreed.

I know for a FACT he did it. That's not to say he won't leave the club, I just don't believe for one second any deal to join Liverpool has been agreed and definitely not months ago.