Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

Singapore Saint

Really hope it's not Monk. I would really start questioning the ambition of the board if that's the rout they go down.

He's a okay manager, certainly not the man to take us forward. Whilst the football may improve, I would be surprised if he could do better than Puel.

Really hope it's not Monk. I would really start questioning the ambition of the board if that's the rout they go down.

He's a okay manager, certainly not the man to take us forward. Whilst the football may improve, I would be surprised if he could do better than Puel.

Whilst I'm not in favour of Monk, assuming Puel goes, I'm also willing to concede I no nothing. I knew nothing when we appointed the failed Espanyol manager, and I probably know less now.

Yeah, I imagine the remit will still be the same:

- Play expensive, entertaining football.

- History of promoting young players.

- Experience of coaching in Europe.

Agent: Tuchel not joining Leverkusen and may take a break from football, but managing in a foreign league is of interest:

http://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2017/thomas-tuchel-will-not-coach-bayer-leverkusen/

So in other word he has no plans as of yet.... which pretty much blows the idea that Tuchel is signing for saints at any moment as Puel moves to St Etienne...

Agent: Tuchel not joining Leverkusen and may take a break from football, but managing in a foreign league is of interest:

http://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2017/thomas-tuchel-will-not-coach-bayer-leverkusen/

So in other word he has no plans as of yet.... which pretty much blows the idea that Tuchel is signing for saints at any moment as Puel moves to St Etienne...

Probably depends if the terms of managing in the foreign league are sufficiently attractive to take a job now.

Or perhaps its the Allardyce tactic of leave it until mid-season when a club is desperate enough to pay ridiculously over the going rate.

Probably depends if the terms of managing in the foreign league are sufficiently attractive to take a job now.

Or perhaps its the Allardyce tactic of leave it until mid-season when a club is desperate enough to pay ridiculously over the going rate.

This is true. For all we know, Conte could be out mid-way through next season.

This is true. For all we know, Conte could be out mid-way through next season.

That sounds like something Chelsea would do

It's a decent point though- all the "big" club managerial positions are filled. If Saints, Palace and Leverkusen are not sufficiently attractive to him, why not wait until one becomes available? Emery is probably one poor stretch from getting the sack at PSG.

The Mirror are reporting that LVG is coming to Saints. It's a very weak story that could have been written about any club that may be looking for a change of management.

I'd take him. would be a very good appointment

That sounds like something Chelsea would do

It's a decent point though- all the "big" club managerial positions are filled. If Saints, Palace and Leverkusen are not sufficiently attractive to him, why not wait until one becomes available? Emery is probably one poor stretch from getting the sack at PSG.

That would be annoying.

That would be annoying.

There is internet noise out there saying Palace are after Tuchel, but there are also rumours that they want a long-term appointment rather than a manager who views them as stepping stone. Dyche's name is coming up for them. It could all be ********.

Comment from my pal in Spain, who often has his finger on the pulse. LVG, he can't be correct, surely?

February: Valverde offered to Saints. Saints say: we are not looking to change manager in june. May, Barcelona sign Valverde. June, Saints do not want to keep Puel. Saints go for Van Gaal. Uuummm where is the planning and strategy in the club nowadays? Sounds like improvisation? We fixed that a few years ago. Hopefully we are not falling asleep.

Comment from my pal in Spain, who often has his finger on the pulse. LVG, he can't be correct, surely?

February: Valverde offered to Saints. Saints say: we are not looking to change manager in june. May, Barcelona sign Valverde. June, Saints do not want to keep Puel. Saints go for Van Gaal. Uuummm where is the planning and strategy in the club nowadays? Sounds like improvisation? We fixed that a few years ago. Hopefully we are not falling asleep.

Sorry my understanding of gibberish isn't great, but I think I understand your point. In Feb just after a fine cup final performance Saints said they were happy with their manager of 6 months. Because of a poor end to the season , they are making a change, but the guy they were offered in Feb has now gone to Barca. They now may need to settle for another ex Barca manager. ****ing shambles.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry my understanding of gibberish isn't great, but I think I understand your point. In Feb just after a fine cup final performance Saints said they were happy with their manager of 6 months. Because of a poor end to the season , they are making a change, but the guy they were offered in Feb has now gone to Barca. They now may need to settle for another ex Barca manager. ****ing shambles.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally wasn't making a point, I passed on a comment from a person that uses English as a second language. To the best of my knowledge, he is well connected with Barca.

Love the way lots of people like to criticise the club based on hearsay and assumption!! Makes the off season very trying.

Especially when the whole Tuchel rumour seems to have sprung up solely from a random tweet, from some unknown French journo, who for all we know could be their equivalent of Alex Crook. :mcinnes:

He's taken a year out before waiting for the right job to come up. I doubt he's short of cash, so waiting would make a lot more sense that taking whatever's available and potentially damaging his stock at a smaller club.

The report about in Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, about Tuchel taking six months off doesn't ring true as he'd be limited to January vacancies which would be at under-performing clubs. Close season is surely the time for him if he really does want to come to the Premier League.

The report about in Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung, about Tuchel taking six months off doesn't ring true as he'd be limited to January vacancies which would be at under-performing clubs. Close season is surely the time for him if he really does want to come to the Premier League.

At most six months, could be sooner. His agent said he would assess his options when he returns from holiday and that going abroad was a possibility. A certainty I would say, Leverkusen is one of the better jobs in Germany after Bayern and Dortmund so by rejecting them it would seem that he is not interested in another Bundesliga job.

Especially when the whole Tuchel rumour seems to have sprung up solely from a random tweet, from some unknown French journo, who for all we know could be their equivalent of Alex Crook. :mcinnes:

To be fair, I think many are simply looking at who is available (there's not many). So irrespective of the tweet I have no doubt we would be discussing his merits on here.

At most six months, could be sooner. His agent said he would assess his options when he returns from holiday and that going abroad was a possibility. A certainty I would say, Leverkusen is one of the better jobs in Germany after Bayern and Dortmund so by rejecting them it would seem that he is not interested in another Bundesliga job.

This quote says time off OR a move abroad. "Thomas will not take charge of Leverkusen,' his agent, Olaf Meinking told German newspaper FAZ. 'We will see how things develop after his holiday. 'He could take some time off, but he could also move abroad.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4572610/Thomas-Tuchel-plays-Bayer-Leverkusen-link.html#ixzz4j8quIbNg

Lets say you are who you say your are (close to a first team player)... Is that player Fonte, or possibly, Long by any chance?

Don't have to say which one, just a Yes or No will do.

Also, again, if true, who do you expect us to get in?

Just broke on Sky Wagner committed to Huddersfield and that was the name I had I couldn't say it.

Just broke on Sky Wagner committed to Huddersfield and that was the name I had I couldn't say it.

Was he ever a genuine target, or was it just the case of us talking to him?

Pretty poor if he's chosen Huddersfield over us and probably a sign of things to come this summer.

#wemarchondownthetable

Pretty poor if he's chosen Huddersfield over us and probably a sign of things to come this summer.

#wemarchondownthetable

I'd choose Huddersfield over us. After seeing the way everyone has demanded Puel's head despite a reasonably successful season. Plus, after what he's done at Huddersfield, there's literally no pressure there. They could finish bottom with a record low points total and he'd still keep his job and be loved by fans.

#wemarchondownthetable

:mcinnes:

There is no evidence at all that he "chose" Huddersfield over us just a supposed ITK saying something after the guy commits to staying with the club he is contracted too

but you carry on with your nonsense

:mcinnes:

There is no evidence at all that he "chose" Huddersfield over us just a supposed ITK saying something after the guy commits to staying with the club he is contracted too

but you carry on with your nonsense

If he was our targeted man and he's decided to stay at Huddersfield, then he's chosen them over us... hasn't he?

But point stands, if we cannot attract the manager of Huddersfield for whatever reason, where does that stand us for trying to persuade top level players to come to us?

FWIW, I don't believe he was our target, and I still think we'll end up with a big name and we'll end the transfer window relatively happy. IMO, we simply cannot afford another poor transfer window, like the previous 2 have been.

If he was our targeted man and he's decided to stay at Huddersfield, then he's chosen them over us... hasn't he?

But point stands, if we cannot attract the manager of Huddersfield for whatever reason, where does that stand us for trying to persuade top level players to come to us?

FWIW, I don't believe he was our target, and I still think we'll end up with a big name and we'll end the transfer window relatively happy. IMO, we simply cannot afford another poor transfer window, like the previous 2 have been.

I repeat we have zero evidence he was a target just a bit of belated guff from a self appointed ITK

Your post contradicts itself, you show disappointment that we cannot attract the manager of Huddersfield and then state you don`t believe he was a target, which is it?

I repeat we have zero evidence he was a target just a bit of belated guff from a self appointed ITK

Your post contradicts itself, you show disappointment that we cannot attract the manager of Huddersfield and then state you don`t believe he was a target, which is it?

When have I said I'm disappointed? I said it would poor if that is the case, which I would say it is. I have asked him if that is the case, at which point I will make my own judgement on if I believe it to be true or not.

I do not believe that he is or was our no1 target, but if AR-10 was to confirm either way, I can try and substantiate that through people that I know at the club.

I'd choose Huddersfield over us. After seeing the way everyone has demanded Puel's head despite a reasonably successful season. Plus, after what he's done at Huddersfield, there's literally no pressure there. They could finish bottom with a record low points total and he'd still keep his job and be loved by fans.

History suggests otherwise.

When have I said I'm disappointed? I said it would poor if that is the case, which I would say it is. I have asked him if that is the case, at which point I will make my own judgement on if I believe it to be true or not.

I do not believe that he is or was our no1 target, but if AR-10 was to confirm either way, I can try and substantiate that through people that I know at the club.

Why not just ask the people you know at the club. #notreallyitk

Why not just ask the people you know at the club. #notreallyitk

#notandneverclaimedtobeITK

Because they won't tell me, but would rule out someone if it's completely untrue.

If I'm being honest, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not. I put stuff I've been told on here expecting it to be taken with a pinch of salt, as i do when others post, such as AR10. If you chose to believe what I and others say, that's completely down to you :)

Tuchel fits the promote younger players bill:

"This faith that Tuchel has is mainly applicable to the confidence and trust he put into his young players. Notably, youngsters Ousmane Dembele and Christian Pulisic excelled during Tuchel’s tenure.

“Tuchel always just trusted me and gave me a chance,” said Pulisic according to a recent ESPNFC report. “Of course he’s given me tips and feedback with what he sees every day in training and stuff like that, small things.

Before the start of last season, not many people knew the then 17-year old’s name. However, none of that mattered to Tuchel. Tuchel gave the young American a shot and entrusted Pulisic with confidence."

"This faith that Tuchel has is mainly applicable to the confidence and trust he put into his young players. Notably, youngsters Ousmane Dembele and Christian Pulisic excelled during Tuchel’s tenure.

“Tuchel always just trusted me and gave me a chance,” said Pulisic according to a recent ESPNFC report. “Of course he’s given me tips and feedback with what he sees every day in training and stuff like that, small things.

Before the start of last season, not many people knew the then 17-year old’s name. However, none of that mattered to Tuchel. Tuchel gave the young American a shot and entrusted Pulisic with confidence."

TBF a young Thierry Henry liked Puel who also put trust in some of our youngsters last season. Tuchel it would appear had the same problem as Puel in that it was the senior players that had issues with him so we may well need a manager who can put some older players back in their place

Whilst I'm not in favour of Monk, assuming Puel goes, I'm also willing to concede I no nothing. I knew nothing when we appointed the failed Espanyol manager, and I probably know less now.

Such humility is not the way we do things here. You need to start posts with "I know for a fact that..." or "I have a source within the club...." You'll get the hang of it. It's like poker - you may have a crap hand but you have to present it as 4 aces. :)

Wasn't Dembele brought for like €15-20M. Kinda easier to develop youngster when you spend big to bring good ones in to start with.