Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

Singapore Saint

So if your dad moves you and your family to Australia for work, will referring to you as English become a pedant's play field you think?

Difference is though that Kat was born in Switzerland (I think), whereas Markus was born in Germany. Nevertheless Kat is German speaking if not actually German.

Some people on here stating that we could not attract Tuchel.. Possibly the same people who were incredulous when we attracted Koeman too???

We are quite big and progressive enough to attract Tuchel - Assuming of course we want him.

Tuchel is now 2nd favorite with the bookies (4/1) glad I jumped in previously while he was 50/1

Gary Monk is still bookies fav at 2/1

Reminds me of last summer when we had great candidates being linked and odds dropped on Pellegrini at one stage to 1/10 - then we appointed Puel from almost nowhere.

Kind of expecting Reed to deliver similar disappointment this summer - either an underwhelming appointment or equally bad keeping Puel

According to a knowledgable friend, the top 4/5/6 all rate Tuchel but probably wouldn't gamble on him until he has PL exp at another CL club. We could be his audition. It's not out of the question. Look at how Pep has struggled to adapt. This is our best ever chance to push on.

But gambled on Puel who had only managed in France.

Born and raised in Manitoba. Must be a Canadian, but might have dual-citizenship.

He's definitely a Manitoban but he made his name in Europe coaching the Swiss men's hockey team, which is presumably where he made contact with Kat. He coached my Oilers for a year as well.

As I've stated earlier I genuinely don't think it's that fanciful.

There appears to be a dearth of top level jobs going this summer, only Roma currently springs to mind with their chap off to Inter. That means IF and I appreciate it is a big IF Tuchel fancied a move to the EPL then somewhere like Saints would be a natural step.

He has a couple of successful seasons with Saints and he'll be in line for Arsenal amongst others. The same, of course, could be said if he stays in Germany with a team such as Bayer but maybe he fancies a new challenge. Who knows.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of suitors but him coming to Saints isn't as fanciful as some make out, not in the current market.

He's definitely a Manitoban but he made his name in Europe coaching the Swiss men's hockey team, which is presumably where he made contact with Kat. He coached my Oilers for a year as well.

... and played for seven seasons in the German Bundesliga (hockey) in the 1980's.

Some people on here stating that we could not attract Tuchel.. Possibly the same people who were incredulous when we attracted Koeman too???

Completely different situation. Koeman didn't have a hope in hell of getting a big job. Great player, but he was our level managerial wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuchel is now 2nd favorite with the bookies (4/1) glad I jumped in previously while he was 50/1

Gary Monk is still bookies fav at 2/1

Reminds me of last summer when we had great candidates being linked and odds dropped on Pellegrini at one stage to 1/10 - then we appointed Puel from almost nowhere.

Kind of expecting Reed to deliver similar disappointment this summer - either an underwhelming appointment or equally bad keeping Puel

Paddy Power appear to be the only bookmaker I can find with this market. They started Tuchel odds at 7/1 when someone asked them to do it on Twitter (now at 5/1), so where did you get 50/1?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager

We are quite big and progressive enough to attract Tuchel - Assuming of course we want him.

Can't see why not, didn't Dortmund sack him because they ran out of patience with him being a knob all of the time ?

Won't have too many "big club" offers methinks.

Paddy Power appear to be the only bookmaker I can find with this market. They started Tuchel odds at 7/1 when someone asked them to do it on Twitter (now at 5/1), so where did you get 50/1?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager

Tell you what if Tuchel is appointed ill send you £5 so you can register as a full member. That's a Heisenberg promise :toppa:

Even when Koeman was doing well he never had the hype Tuchel has as a manager. I think Koeman wanted to leave last summer because he knew that a less successful season at Saints (for whatever reason, recruitment, league competitiveness or just plain bad luck) would erode his standing and career progression. Tuchel would probably look at us the same way - a couple of seasons of duking it out for a Europa League place with saints isn't exactly going to burnish his reputation beyond where it is now, while getting caught in any downward trajectory we're on as a club would actively undermine his credibility. Frankly, we'd be a very stupid place for him to cash in his Dortmund career chips right now.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/next-permanent-manager/bet-history/thomas-tuchel - click on "All History" and all will be revealed.

SkyBet and Bet365 both had him at 50/1 but.................................. it was back in June 2014. HTH (and very prescient of Glasgow)

Tuchel is not fantasy. He fits perfect.

Looking forward to his unveiling.

Im getting you a full SWF member too if we appoint Tuchel.

You and MLG getting the full memberships, you can post and PM all day. + £50 down on us finishing top 6 again next season

I believe we're very very serious about Tuchel. Will be chatting to him (the club, not me) shortly.

Would be an exciting, progressive appointment.

As for Claude.... it'll obviously be au revoir

Ralph speaks German. He's going to make this b itch happen.

Ralph speaks German. He's going to make this b itch happen.

If you were interviewed by Ralph, with all his enthusiasm, what would you think?

I'm not sure if I'd walk out pumped or disturbed.

The again, I'm not sure how I'd feel after an interview with Big Les, so.....

If you were interviewed by Ralph, with all his enthusiasm, what would you think?

Haha. Both!

This seems to be escalating quickly. Dare I believe.

Thomas Tuchel woahhhh (x2)

He comes from West Germany

he really hates Pompey

*clap clap clap*

Must be able to make most of Kajagoogoo's timeless classic 'Too Shy'

Tuuu Chel, hush hush, score a fcking goal

There was more traction on the Pellegrini appointment and nothing came of that. I won't allow myself to get excited.

There was no traction with the Pellegrini appointment. The ITKs repeatedly told us we wouldn't go for him, it was only the tabloids and the likes of Crook that were going with it.

There was no traction with the Pellegrini appointment. The ITKs repeatedly told us we wouldn't go for him, it was only the tabloids and the likes of Crook that were going with it.

MLG even made a thread about Pellegrini- it made fairly big traction, and infamously ruined AR-10s ITK credentials

I think I'd spend most of it repeatedly saying "er, can you repeat the question? Synergies with what now?"

I'd be 'pumped' and 'psyched' ready to start the job on ONE August.

Ok have done a bit of research in german google this morning and for all rumours I never believe UK papers hence go to the local ones.

-Tuchel seems to of fallen out with some of the older players but was loved by the younger players (klopp legacy players probably thinking they were the nuts who then moaned to chairman).

- Leverkusen have 3 managers on their shortlist apparently - Tuchel/Wagner/Bosz and will confirm who next week.

- All the quotes about southampton being interested seem to be referencing the sun who in turn are referencing that journo from the other day so maybe convienent b*ll**** to sell papers.

- Favre is favourite at Dortmund but Bosz and another are potential candidates.

What I don't understand from the Sun's article is this:

"The Premier League side also face competition from Bayer Leverkusen, who will be able to offer a much bigger wage."

Surely we can pay him way more than Leverkusen can ?

MLG what are the stats as I can't find Schmidt salary when he was boss ?

Ok have done a bit of research in german google this morning and for all rumours I never believe UK papers hence go to the local ones.

-Tuchel seems to of fallen out with some of the older players but was loved by the younger players (klopp legacy players probably thinking they were the nuts who then moaned to chairman).

- Leverkusen have 3 managers on their shortlist apparently - Tuchel/Wagner/Bosz and will confirm who next week.

- All the quotes about southampton being interested seem to be referencing the sun who in turn are referencing that journo from the other day so maybe convienent b*ll**** to sell papers.

- Favre is favourite at Dortmund but Bosz and another are potential candidates.

What I don't understand from the Sun's article is this:

"The Premier League side also face competition from Bayer Leverkusen, who will be able to offer a much bigger wage."

Surely we can pay him way more than Leverkusen can ?

MLG what are the stats as I can't find Schmidt salary when he was boss ?

Since Tuchel is unattached, I would assume he would be favourite for the Leverkusen job over Wagner & Bosz.

We still don't have a credible source for any interest in him.

Edited by SuperSAINT